• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks draft picks tells us they are in hard pursuit of D12 and CP3

JTB

I'm not saying his decision to stay is a smart one, but that's what the FACTS indicate. You're thinking way too deeply about this when it's quite clear. Paul is staying and hopefully the Hawks have other plans lined up.

No I'm just not listening to media and saying its a done deal like most fans are doing.It's not thinking too deep it's what's smart! Doc can't play on the court with cp3 and if your in the so called win now mode and Paul is in that mode all reports indicate it....Paul and Doc aren't trying to develop teams they are trying to win a ring.Well as you can see that roster isn't a championship roster and that happens to be one of Paul's worries. Doc is not enough....seriously man. Paul is sitting in his rocking chair waiting for the clipps to do more. At the DVD of the day Paul will choose a star studded roster over a star studded coach like lebron did.

I guess I'm retarded but I just disagree. Paul was mad about 3 things....-ownership which is something he can't change but only leave-coach....he got his wish on this one -team....the team is the same exact squad and they have proven over 3 years straight that they are a regular season team! Hell the hawks can make it to round 2 and compete better than them.Point is the clippers got one thing done and that's getting the African American coach Paul has been reported asking for other than that this is not a done dealAs long as Paul has a chance at playing with Dwight the hawks are in good position! So what Paul forced his will on the clipps to sign Doc that doesn't mean anything! Did you guys not watch what lebron did to Cleveland?!...lebron got everything he demanded too but still left.Don't let the media blind you we still have a legit chance.

30 million reasons, it cannot be overlooked. No matter how much we may want to brush it aside, sweep it under the rug, throw it out with the baby, it's still in play.

DF will need to enlist all of the power of Atlanta from Mayor Reed to The Gov. From Massell to Khalil Johnson. Tyler Perry to Andre 3000. Get them on board we may have a chance.

When I saw your avi and the first two letters of your post, I thought to myself, "what does the Dungeon Family have to do with anything?"

I seriously doubt we get either and at this point, I don't even want Dwight.

Wow as hawks fans... we should have learned not to trust ESPN. "JJs contract can't be traded. Marvin Williams contract can't be traded. Every year Josh Smith will be traded."

Oh and let's not forget how on point they were on LeBron James free agent year.

is no way they can get me to believe that the Atlanta Hawks have a weaker chance to get Dwight Howard than the Dallas Mavericks.

We all will find out the 1st of July when Chris Paul will not respond to where he is going... Why? Because Dwight Howard says he will announce where he is going July 10th. :-)

Why are the Mavs a preferential destination for Howard?

Come play with Dirk in his final productive years as the team continues to decline? They didn't even make the playoffs.

• Like 1

Point is the clippers got one thing done and that's getting the African American coach Paul has been reported asking for other than that this is not a done deal

Paul never said he had to have a African American coach.

He just told management they could do better then the Del-Negro and got pissed when Sterling said he fired Del-Negro b/c that is what Paul wanted. Paul wanted that conversation to stay private.

Why are the Mavs a preferential destination for Howard?

Come play with Dirk in his final productive years as the team continues to decline? They didn't even make the playoffs.

No state income tax in Texas and Mark Cuban will pay the luxury tax. In California the state income tax is 13% for a person in Howard's income bracket.

So that 5 years $120,000,000 deal in California is really only $104,000,000 . (Not even counting the 45% the Federal Government will take).

In Texas that $87,000,000 4 year deal now looks a lot better. If I were Mark Cuban I would show Dwight Howard a $10 milllion yacht, two $10 million dollars castles, and 10 Lamborghinis...............With the message that this is what your giving away to a charity case money pit called The California State Government if you stay in L.A.

Howard has a lot of baby momma's to pay for.

I'm not sure what the Georgia State Income Tax is on a person making that much money but would guess around 7-8%.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

Paul never said he had to have a African American coach. He just told management they could do better then the Del-Negro and got pissed when Sterling said he fired Del-Negro b/c that is what Paul wanted. Paul wanted that conversation to stay private.

However you want to put it...Paul got his wish of a so called better coach. But the roster is still the same!Surely Paul isn't dumb enough to think that current roster has a chance at a championship. Paul will pick a star studded team over one star studded coach just sayin.

I still dont understand what Doc Rivers is supposed to do with the Clippers. Maybe Doc forgot that he had 3 superstars on the Celtics. CP3 staying with the Clippers means he doesnt want a title. He will not win one with the Clippers.

How come Howard doesnt like the Hawks? Was there something that happened? Oh well as long as they dont come show their happy faces 3-4 years from now when we are rolling

• Like 1

When I saw your avi and the first two letters of your post, I thought to myself, "what does the Dungeon Family have to do with anything?"

I seriously doubt we get either and at this point, I don't even want Dwight.

You may not know, Dwight is a "Swatguy". He was reared on the fields and gyms of Adams Park, John A. White Park, Sandtown, Ben Hill. He is as Atlanta as 3000, Ceelo and what flavor is mentioned. His folks are Strong in the community. But really cause you don't want him here, why bother?

No state income tax in Texas and Mark Cuban will pay the luxury tax. In California the state income tax is 13% for a person in Howard's income bracket.

So that 5 years $120,000,000 deal in California is really only $104,000,000 . (Not even counting the 45% the Federal Government will take).

In Texas that $87,000,000 4 year deal now looks a lot better. If I were Mark Cuban I would show Dwight Howard a $10 million yacht, two $10 million dollars castles, and 10 Lamborghini ..............With the message that this is what your giving away to a charity case money pit called The California State Government if you stay in L.A.

I'm not sure what the Georgia State Income Tax is on a person making that much money but would guess around 7-8%.

Posted Imageso true!

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

• Moderators

In Texas that $87,000,000 4 year deal now looks a lot better. If I were Mark Cuban I would show Dwight Howard a $10 milllion yacht, two $10 million dollars castles, and 10 Lamborghinis...............With the message that this is what your giving away to a charity case money pit called The California State Government if you stay in L.A.

GEORGIA Sales Taxes

State Sales Tax: 4% (food, prescription drugs exempt), local taxes may add an additional 3%.

Gasoline Tax: 47 cents/gallon (Includes all taxes)

Diesel Fuel Tax: 56.2 cents/gallon (Includes all taxes)

Cigarette Tax: 37 cents/pack of 20

Personal Income Taxes

Tax Rate Range: Low – 1.0%; High – 6%

Income Brackets: Lowest – $750; Highest – $7,000

Number of Brackets: 6

Personal Exemptions: Single – $2,700; Married – $5,400; Dependents – $3,000

Standard Deduction: Single – $2,300; Married filing joint return – $3,000; Taxpayer over 65 – $1,300 additional.

Medical/Dental Deduction: Same as Federal taxes

Federal Income Tax Deduction: None

6%, so half as much as California, but still not nearly as good as Texas.

• Like 1

But if you play basketball in Texas, you have to spend a lot of time in Texas. That should be a selling point for the Hawks.

• Like 4

You may not know, Dwight is a "Swatguy". He was reared on the fields and gyms of Adams Park, John A. White Park, Sandtown, Ben Hill. He is as Atlanta as 3000, Ceelo and what flavor is mentioned. His folks are Strong in the community. But really cause you don't want him here, why bother?

I'm very clear on Dwight's ties to Atlanta. My opinion that we don't get him and my desire not to have him are unrelated. I don't think we get him because I just don't see us as a legit possibility. I know they've been throwing his name around with us, but I just don't see it as legit. I think it's one of those things where they mention teams that he could play for just in case he doesn't pick the team that they expect him to play for. Also, I don't think he fits in with the Spurs-esque model I think we're going for nowadays. Based on the model of the Spurs, who haven't had a media-soaking superstar (that I can recall, but I could be wrong), I don't think he's the type of player Bud and Ferry look for.

I'm very clear on Dwight's ties to Atlanta. My opinion that we don't get him and my desire not to have him are unrelated. I don't think we get him because I just don't see us as a legit possibility. I know they've been throwing his name around with us, but I just don't see it as legit. I think it's one of those things where they mention teams that he could play for just in case he doesn't pick the team that they expect him to play for. Also, I don't think he fits in with the Spurs-esque model I think we're going for nowadays. Based on the model of the Spurs, who haven't had a media-soaking superstar (that I can recall, but I could be wrong), I don't think he's the type of player Bud and Ferry look for.

Tony Parker on line 1...