• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Last Attempt....like it or not you have to be in it to win it

JTB

Ok so CP3 is a done deal. Like I've been saying since the very beginning I will stop the pipe dreaming once these players sign!

So now that paul is out the picture and we basically have very little time to interest Dwight. Ferry's last attempt to pursuade D12 should be this:

-When Ferry has a meeting with Dwight.....Horford, Smith, and Iggy should be in attendance to pursuade D12!

No the lineup isnt very great offensively at ALL! but dammit atleast we are contenders! especially defensively!

If Im Ferry Im doing this!

Smith would take a paycut if D12 signs and I honestly believe Iggy would too!...by the way I get they dont quite fit Coach Bud System but great coaches make adjustments and at this point coach bud just needs to make an adjustment! Iggy and smith would be great perimeter defenders and horford and Howard are the perfect 2 to run into in the paint...smith too!.....CAN YOU SAY BLOCK CITY!

get it done ferry!

Remember, we can't get Iggy and Smoove and land D12.

We also have to choose between Iggy, Smoove, and Teague.

Honestly, if D12 signs and we go with Iggy or Smoove, that means we will need to bring Devin Harris back.

Remember, with D12 signed for 20.5, we can ONLY sign one of Teague, Iggy, and Smoove. Also Korver has to be resigned as well. We need his off the ball shooting and spot up shooting with D12 as well as his high BBIQ and reliably of not missing defensive rotations.

Remember, we can't get Iggy and Smoove and land D12.

We also have to choose between Iggy, Smoove, and Teague.

Honestly, if D12 signs and we go with Iggy or Smoove, that means we will need to bring Devin Harris back.

Remember, with D12 signed for 20.5, we can ONLY sign one of Teague, Iggy, and Smoove. Also Korver has to be resigned as well. We need his off the ball shooting and spot up shooting with D12 as well as his high BBIQ and reliably of not missing defensive rotations.

That's not true. We can absolutely get Iggy, Smoove and D12. D12 can get the max as long as Josh and Iggy take 10 million each. That's only roughly 55 million between Teague, Iggy, Josh, Al and Dwight.

Remember, we can't get Iggy and Smoove and land D12.We also have to choose between Iggy, Smoove, and Teague. Honestly, if D12 signs and we go with Iggy or Smoove, that means we will need to bring Devin Harris back. Remember, with D12 signed for 20.5, we can ONLY sign one of Teague, Iggy, and Smoove. Also Korver has to be resigned as well. We need his off the ball shooting and spot up shooting with D12 as well as his high BBIQ and reliably of not missing defensive rotations.

Well I was hoping Howard wouldn't demand the 20m contract....but what's your lineup sir?

Iggy is going back to Denver I believe. So why would be help us sign Dwight?

Lol at this point in his career I figured he wanted a legit shot at a championship!He too damn old to still be wanting to chase money! Money aint every thing! I bet ray Allen not tripping just because he took a pay cut...hell he got two rings now because of that paycut he took too.Iggy comes off to me as a winner. Never thought he was all about money but who knows.

That's not true. We can absolutely get Iggy, Smoove and D12. D12 can get the max as long as Josh and Iggy take 10 million each. That's only roughly 55 million between Teague, Iggy, Josh, Al and Dwight.

We would have to get rid of everyone just to make the salary cap and sign 7 rookie contracts and even then that's barely possible as they would total just at 58.5. That's not likely. Highly unlikely.

Look at this for example:

Schröder 1.42

Korver 3

Iggy or Smoove 8/9/10

Horford 12

D12 20.5

Bench

Lou 5.2

Bebe 1.38

Jenkins 1.25

Scott 788k

Mack 794k

Cunningham 1.2

Mike M. 450k

Here is a plus: We still have the room exception and we can use it to resign Devin Harris. We can start him if Dennis not ready.

Around 56-58 million dollars.

Edited by Leadership

That's what I thought but I'm no cap genius.
  • Like 1

We would have to get rid of everyone just to make the salary cap and sign 7 rookie contracts and even then that's barely possible as they would total just at 58.5. That's not likely. Highly unlikely.

Look at this for example:

Schröder 1.42

Korver 3

Iggy or Smoove 8/9/10

Horford 12

D12 20.5

Bench

Lou 5.2

Bebe 1.38

Jenkins 1.25

Scott 788k

Mack 794k

Cunningham 1.2

Mike M. 450k

Here is a plus: We still have the room exception and we can use it to resign Devin Harris. We can start him if Dennis not ready.

Around 56-58 million dollars.

If we are signing Dwight, Iggy and Josh then we aren't going to sign the rookies to contracts this year.

JTB and Dolfan

Here is the Teague conundrum

Let's say we want to resign Jeff for 5-6 mil for a year. That would have to get Iggy or Smoove to take 8 mil at the most in their first year. We can't resign Korver and we would have to start Jenkins which isn't bad. With this roster, we can resign Teague but it will be at the sacrifice of money from Iggy and Smoove and no resigning of Korver.

Teague 5-6

Jenkins 1.25

Iggy or Smoove 8

Horford 12

D12 20.5

Bench

Lou 5.2

Bebe 1.38

Schröder 1.42

Scott 788k

Mack 794k

Cunningham 1.2

Mike M. 450k

This is how we can resign Teague and keep Smoove or sign Iggy.

If we are signing Dwight, Iggy and Josh then we aren't going to sign the rookies to contracts this year.

Sorry but I can buy this statement at all. I haven't heard otherwise but if you want to build a roster with the international rookies at all, you are free to do that. I don't even think Dennis and Bebe are under contract in Europe right now.

Sorry but I can buy this statement at all. I haven't heard otherwise but if you want to build a roster with the international rookies at all, you are free to do that. I don't even think Dennis and Bebe are under contract in Europe right now.

You don't have to buy it, that doesn't mean it isn't true. We are under no obligation to sign either Nog or Schröder this year.

Ok so CP3 is a done deal. Like I've been saying since the very beginning I will stop the pipe dreaming once these players sign!

So now that paul is out the picture and we basically have very little time to interest Dwight. Ferry's last attempt to pursuade D12 should be this:

-When Ferry has a meeting with Dwight.....Horford, Smith, and Iggy should be in attendance to pursuade D12!

No the lineup isnt very great offensively at ALL! but dammit atleast we are contenders! especially defensively!

If Im Ferry Im doing this!

Smith would take a paycut if D12 signs and I honestly believe Iggy would too!...by the way I get they dont quite fit Coach Bud System but great coaches make adjustments and at this point coach bud just needs to make an adjustment! Iggy and smith would be great perimeter defenders and horford and Howard are the perfect 2 to run into in the paint...smith too!.....CAN YOU SAY BLOCK CITY!

get it done ferry!

JTB - you never fail to crack me up (I mean in an endearing way, not condescending). The fact that you threw Iggy on to the pitch team literally made me spit up my tea.

Seriously, YOU might be the one guy able to will this crazy dream into fruition. Danny, if you read this board, get this fella a first-class ticket to LAX stat!

Edited by ATL_BALLER
  • Like 1

Ok so CP3 is a done deal. Like I've been saying since the very beginning I will stop the pipe dreaming once these players sign! So now that paul is out the picture and we basically have very little time to interest Dwight. Ferry's last attempt to pursuade D12 should be this: -When Ferry has a meeting with Dwight.....Horford, Smith, and Iggy should be in attendance to pursuade D12! No the lineup isnt very great offensively at ALL! but dammit atleast we are contenders! especially defensively! If Im Ferry Im doing this! Smith would take a paycut if D12 signs and I honestly believe Iggy would too!...by the way I get they dont quite fit Coach Bud System but great coaches make adjustments and at this point coach bud just needs to make an adjustment! Iggy and smith would be great perimeter defenders and horford and Howard are the perfect 2 to run into in the paint...smith too!.....CAN YOU SAY BLOCK CITY! get it done ferry!

That roster doesn't work at all. I don't care who the coach is. You need some shooters to space the floor and Iggy and Smoove don't shoot we'll enough to do that.

You don't have to buy it, that doesn't mean it isn't true. We are under no obligation to sign either Nog or Schröder this year.

That is true but you said we won't sign them, that part isn't true. It's an option, not a reality. We really don't know what Ferry will do. Either way, we have to convince D12 to come to Atlanta.

I think we can but it will be tough. Houston is a serious challenger. They have youth, talent, and a nice cool city.

The Hawks have size, youth, a budding culture, and fit. Korver is a perfect fit for D12. Horf is a perfect fit for D12. We don't yet about Dennis and Devin as well as Jeff. Not sure how good a fit Josh is with D12 in the NBA but in AAU, they fit well.

That roster doesn't work at all. I don't care who the coach is. You need some shooters to space the floor and Iggy and Smoove don't shoot we'll enough to do that.

That depends on whether or not you can get the 2011-2012 shooting Iggy and then if you can pair him with a legit shooting PG like Calderon AND most importantly, if you can make sure that Josh won't just camp out and attempt 3's.

That depends on whether or not you can get the 2011-2012 shooting Iggy and then if you can pair him with a legit shooting PG like Calderon AND most importantly, if you can make sure that Josh won't just camp out and attempt 3's.

You think we can get Calderon for the room exception? I would rather him than Devin but I don't see him as a room exp type of player.

Lol at this point in his career I figured he wanted a legit shot at a championship!He too damn old to still be wanting to chase money! Money aint every thing! I bet ray Allen not tripping just because he took a pay cut...hell he got two rings now because of that paycut he took too.Iggy comes off to me as a winner. Never thought he was all about money but who knows.

What is this fascination with a player about to be on the wrong side of 30...now if Iggy takes a 3yr 24mill contract then sign him otherwise whynarenwe wasting our time...
  • Like 1

That is true but you said we won't sign them, that part isn't true. It's an option, not a reality. We really don't know what Ferry will do. Either way, we have to convince D12 to come to Atlanta.

I think we can but it will be tough. Houston is a serious challenger. They have youth, talent, and a nice cool city.

The Hawks have size, youth, a budding culture, and fit. Korver is a perfect fit for D12. Horf is a perfect fit for D12. We don't yet about Dennis and Devin as well as Jeff. Not sure how good a fit Josh is with D12 in the NBA but in AAU, they fit well.

Don't put words in my mouth. We would only not sign the rookies if we were signing those 3 players. Why do you think that Ferry drafted 2 foreign players this year if not to create the ability to gain extra cap room THIS YEAR if he needed it.

What is this fascination with a player about to be on the wrong side of 30...now if Iggy takes a 3yr 24mill contract then sign him otherwise whynarenwe wasting our time...

I am trying try to figure where this myth of Iguodala being on "the wrong side of thirty" and "declining" is coming from. Is it his PPG? He is just as dominant as ever on defense. Doesn't have any health issues and is a workout warrior.