PG-Schröder -1mil

SG-Monta Ellis-11 mil

SF-Josh Smith-12 mil

PF-Ryan Anderson-8 mil

C-Dwight Howard-17 mil

Corey Brewer -2 mil

Robin Lopez- 5 mil

John Jenkins -1 mil

Horford + Lou Williams for Ryan Anderson Robin Lopez & New Orleans first round pick next year

To be fair, that is an old article. Monta was putting up better numbers when that was written than he did last season in Milwaukee. He's still a trigger happy chucker, but he just finished arguably his worst season as a pro. If you wanted to use that article as a basis, you could essentially say we'd trade Horford and it would be AI, Josh and D12 since AI was listed. We need to be careful taking things said in 2 year old articles as the case today.

At the time that was written, I believe it was near the trade deadline and those players were all rumored to be available. Dwight was probably trying to get Orlando to bring in players who were available that he thought would improve their team. Replace Brandon Bass with Josh Smith and yeah, that's an improvement. Replace a broken down Hedo with AI. Definitely an improvement. Replace Jason Richardson or JJ Reddick with Monta Ellis (who was scoring nearly 20ppg at that time) and that's an improvement. It's all about perspective.

I truly believe Howard wants to play with Monta and Josh and while any fan with basketball knowledge would say Horford is a perfect fit with Howard but If Dwight is pushing the buttons I want to play with Josh and Monta we would try and make it happen ?

I truly believe Howard wants to play with Monta and Josh and while any fan with basketball knowledge would say Horford is a perfect fit with Howard but If Dwight is pushing the buttons I want to play with Josh and Monta we would try and make it happen ?
Where has he said that recently. If he has, I apologize but I think people are using an old article as what he wants now. Things change and under the circumstances, that might have been the best he could have hoped for.

Where has he said that recently. If he has, I apologize but I think people are using an old article as what he wants now. Things change and under the circumstances, that might have been the best he could have hoped for.

Where has Dwight Howard actually ever said anything ? All these suppose leaked reports but he has never really came out and publicly stated want he wants. Again I am sure there si some truth to all these reports , I am sure him and Monta and Josh are friends. There was a article a month ago Monta wanting to team up with Dwight ? where is this report coming from ? Monta camp and the talks between Monta and Dwight

Monta Ellis has big plans for his summer. After turning down a two-year $36 million extension from the Bucks earlier this year, Ellis opted out of the final year of his contract, leaving $11 million on the table for the final season of his contract. According to Chris Broussard, the Atlanta Hawks and Dallas Mavericks are two of the franchises entertaining offering Ellis -- if their backup plans fall through.

However, Ellis is less interested in following the money and is, apparently, keen on linking up with Dwight Howard in Atlanta. If Howard doesn't join forces with Chris Paul, Ellis believes he can be Howard's Plan B this summer. Unfortunately, he may be the only one who views himself in such high esteem. Ellis is a nice piece on an 8-seed, but Howard is shopping for a pure championship-quality equal, not a superstar knockoff. Ellis is a cool volume scorer to have in your lineup, but how many undersized 2-guards are the second-best scoring options on a championship-ready squad? Ellis is no Allen Iverson. Any squad that invests $15 million or more in Ellis is setting themselves up for a disappointment.

Some desperate general manager will pay the exorbitant fee for Ellis' services, but don't expect it to be a squad mixed up in a championship race.

and you still haven't posted anything to back your claims that Dwight will only come here if Monta and Josh are here. If he likes Bud, he will trust Bud and Ferry's opinion when they tell him that Horford would be a great fit next to him.

PG-Schröder -1mil

SG-Monta Ellis-11 mil

SF-Josh Smith-12 mil

PF-Ryan Anderson-8 mil

C-Dwight Howard-17 mil

Corey Brewer -2 mil

Robin Lopez- 5 mil

John Jenkins -1 mil

Horford + Lou Williams for Ryan Anderson Robin Lopez & New Orleans first round pick next year

I dont mind taking a shot with this team above ...

PG that can distribute and shoot

a SG that can also handle ball and get to rim and also play pick and roll with Dwight

Josh Smith who can run the floor and attack rim and get out on breaks . Also a good passing Big that when ball is moved to him on Howard double teams can find open man

Ryan Anderson a deadly 3 pt shooter and if double Howard and he finds Ryan its 3 PTS ...plus rebounds well

Howard -best big man

and you still haven't posted anything to back your claims that Dwight will only come here if Monta and Josh are here. If he likes Bud, he will trust Bud and Ferry's opinion when they tell him that Horford would be a great fit next to him.

Yeah Dwight Howard is not coming here " cause he likes our plan or HC " Dwight Howard is going to have his say in moves being made and what he wants . thats just my opinion .

• Premium Member

I think y'all are over-analyzing. I would've been shocked to hear his camp say anything different. Kind of a generic compliment IMHO.

I don't "like" this... but nonetheless, I agree with the statement.

PG-Schröder -1mil

SG-Monta Ellis-11 mil

SF-Josh Smith-12 mil

PF-Ryan Anderson-8 mil

C-Dwight Howard-17 mil

Corey Brewer -2 mil

Robin Lopez- 5 mil

John Jenkins -1 mil

Please just stop! We'll trade Lou who makes $5 million and sign Monta for $6 million more a year???

Howard has stated that he wants the Rockets to go out and get another superstar but they won't be able to sign another superstar because they had to unload multiple veterans via trade or out right releases just to clear the space to sign Howard. If Howard goes to Houston, he won't have a snowball's chance in **** of winning a championship. The Rockets released Aaron Brooks, Carlos Delfino, and have traded Thomas Robinson. Again, this was necessary to JUST sign Howard to a max contract. They won't have any room to sign another superstar..Atlanta on the other hand WILL have the money to sign another superstar to go with Howard and Horford. I don't know who that superstar would be, but if it's Josh Smith, then I would like to see Howard not in a Hawks uniform. I don't want Josh Smith in a Hawks uniform unless he changes his game up. With Howard at 5, Horford at 4, and Smith at 3, we would be looking at one of, if not the best defensive team in the league. They would also be one of the best rebounding teams IF Josh Smith plays to his strengths and stays down low. We would need some VERY good shooters though at the Guards. Horford has a good mid range jumper, but Smith misses way more than he makes. It could make for a very interesting season if Howard signs with the Hawks.

I agree with all you said man.....but if Howard is willing to come as long as we sign that idiot josh smith back....so it be! Atleast the defense will be superb! They could lock down the heat but would have trouble scoring on them.

Please just stop! We'll trade Lou who makes $5 million and sign Monta for $6 million more a year???

I wouldn't deny it! Seriously I know Lou is more effient but I believe ferry is willing to do anything to lure in Howard at this time.Plus monte would be more effient with a player like Howard on the floor. Defensively he would be a problem because of his size.
  • Like 1

Hawks vs Heat

PG - Schröder vs Chalmers

SG- Monta vs Wade

SF- Josh vs Lebron

PF- Anderson vs Bosh

C- Dwight vs Birdman or if they sign Oden

Hawks vs Pacers

PG-Schröder vs Hill

SG-Ellis vs Stephenson

SF-Josh Smith vs Paul George

PF-Ryan Anderson vs West

C-Howard vs Hibbert

I want no part of Josh/Al/Dwight. Unless Josh is coming off the bench. Too much clutter. Not enough spacing. Dwight needs to be surrounded with shooters.

Edited by terrell

I'm going to give you a couple of stats on two players:

Player A: Career 3P% 31.8%, Career eFG% 48.2%

Player B: Career 3P% 28.3%, Career eFG% 48%

Player B is a player Hawks fans cringe when he takes a jump shot. Player A isn't much better as a shooter than Player B, yet Hawks fans think it is a good idea to not only bring him in simply to convince Dwight to come here, they think it is a good idea to pay him 6+ million more a season than Lou Williams, a player that can already do everything Monta Ellis can do on the court?

Player A is Monta Ellis. Player B is Josh Smith.

• Like 1

PG-Schröder -1mil

SG-Monta Ellis-11 mil

SF-Josh Smith-12 mil

PF-Ryan Anderson-8 mil

C-Dwight Howard-17 mil

Corey Brewer -2 mil

Robin Lopez- 5 mil

John Jenkins -1 mil

Dolfan can you add a check under "Like This" that reads "This is Bull Doo Doo"?

• Like 3

The fact that he is impressed with our coach (Mark Jackson doesn't count unless LA wants to do a sign-n-trade) is HUGE. Even the doubters have to say it ups our chances from 0% to at least 10%. He likes the coach now we need to give him some more talent. With our cap situation we can do that. I'm sure Ferry is working the phones and/or speaking with players as we speak. FINALLY WE HEAR SOMETHING POSITIVE ABOUT THE HAWKS ABOUT DWIGHT

This doesn't mean as much to me because it seems like one of those loaded questions that players are asked by reporters. "Are you impressed with the coaches you met today dwight?" What else is he going to say but "yes" ? He's not going to insult them by saying he wasn't impressed with them after his 1st meeting with the coaches.