• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks need a real Radio Station.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Tried all day to listen to 92.9 FM.

Everytime I listen, they talk about Baseball. They talk about Football. They talk about Tennis for God's sake. And this is the home of the Atlanta Hawks???

Houston has two CBS affiliates and both of them are talking about the rockets.

I would have thought that 92.9 might start off the day trying to talk with Ferry or Bud or even Nique... but NO.... Baseball.

I'm listening to a radio station talk about how Danny Ainge wants to build around Rondo and Bradley?

I just switched to a Washington station.. they are talking about the Wizards. They are talking about the Moves that Ernie has made....

Getting Maynor, Webster, Porter.. etc...

What the hell are we doing in Atlanta?

• Like 1

• Admin

Off topic...

I've been listening to the radio for the past 2 days or so.. No mention at All on radio or internet on Al Jefferson. Is he plan B?

I have read in interest in a bunch of players but other then on the Squawk i have not seen any interest in Al. Looks like Charlotte really wants him.

Off topic...

I've been listening to the radio for the past 2 days or so.. No mention at All on radio or internet on Al Jefferson. Is he plan B?

My dial has not changed from 91.9 since you enlightened us of the local ratings. over two weeks now. WCLK !!!

It would actually help if the hosts knew a thing about the Hawks, were fans of the Hawks etc.Most times it seems as if they just read up on the Hawks before they come on the radio. They have no real ties to the Hawks.Bob and Stinger needs they own radio show to talk Hawks.

• Moderators

92.9 is doing fine [/nipsey]. They just lost a little steam on the Hawktalk (during the weekdays) when Jerome Jurenovich left to focus fulltime on the Braves, while Kamla sounds dead-tired from hosting NBATV shows the night before. Weekend nights are where it's at when Sam Mitchell's on.

They have no real hoops reporters/insiders of their own, so they're reliant on the likes of Bleacher Reporters and CBS Sports and AJC-Viv to give you the inside story on the Hawks' pitch to Dwight and other free agents... and we know how that goes. If our odds were stronger and callers chimed in with more substantive commentary, they'd probably give it more attention.

My only fuss is I have to turn off the ads every 20 minutes. "Do you have Low T? Are you under water financially? Are women no longer chasing you, but the IRS is? Looking for that horny goat weed that's all the rage? Seeking a marriage do-over AND a mortgage do-over? Have we got an ad for you!"

~lw3

Like it or not, basketball just isn't as important as football. I had NBATV on all morning yesterday and it was nothing but a continuous loop of the show from the night before. I mean seriously, 1st day of free agency and can't even have live f'n programming? That's why the NFL and the NFL Network are far superior.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

It would actually help if the hosts knew a thing about the Hawks, were fans of the Hawks etc.Most times it seems as if they just read up on the Hawks before they come on the radio. They have no real ties to the Hawks.Bob and Stinger needs they own radio show to talk Hawks.

There used to be a guy named... Steak Sharpiro (I believe) who seemed to be a homer on the radio.

Gotta say that 92.9 is way better than 680 or 790. Those other stations almost never talk about basketball. The Game actually does mention it, and they've given the Hawks and basketball generally a fair amount of coverage in my opinion. I don't care a thing about baseball or even football, and I get bored with that talk a lot so I do find myself wandering to other stations sometimes. But listening to 92.9 for basketball talk is 10x better than 680 or 790 - not even close. It was a lot better with Jerome Jurenovich, too, but I guess they haven't found a better basketball regular to throw in the mix yet. And that guy Jim Murray who pulls the late night shift is F'in hilarious. A couple weeks ago he told a story about how he had to take an emergency dump in a stairwell in an office park and wipe with a sock. You don't get that kind of stuff anywhere else.