• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we get Asik and Tyreke/Iguodala, I will consider this Summer a success

ATLnightwing

Throughout my time as a Hawks fan (pretty much since the year Horford got drafted), we have never had a solid true center. Zaza is good off the bench, not as a starter. I truly believe that getting Asik, a defensive complement to Al Horford, would be a great success under Danny Ferry. My bold prediction is that if we start Horford at the PF for all of next year, he will average 20+ ppg and will emerge into more of a star than he already is.

The signing of Tyreke or Iguodala will give us that player that can finish games for us (along with Lou) and can take that last second shot. They don't have to be prime time scorers to be useful to us.

So looking at the lineup (assuming we resign Teague):

Teague

Iguodala/Evans - Lou

FA SF

Horford

Asik

I really think this allows us to compete and develop at the same time. What are the chances of this happening? Does anyone else agree with my prediction about Horford?

I'm not sold on Asik but Evans is very intriguing to me... I am torn about the "wait til next year" approach, but as terrible as it sounds it might just be the best fit here.

2014 lottery, yay....

I'm not sold on Asik but Evans is very intriguing to me... I am torn about the "wait til next year" approach, but as terrible as it sounds it might just be the best fit here.

2014 lottery, yay....

What are you not sold on about Asik? Top 5 defensive C and 2nd best (I believe) rebounding C. True 7 footer, plays in the paint on both ends of the floor and fits perfect next to Al. That's a pretty damn good replacement for Josh Smith. In fact I believe that's about exactly what we'd ask FROM Josh if he were to play the game the way he should play it.... except for being 7' vs 6'9".

Oh and welcome to Hawksquawk Nightwing!

• Like 4

I would def be happy with Evans and Asik from this FA period. Both are still very young. At first I wanted Iggy. Seeing Evans out there and his age. I am more in favor of signing him now. Just not sure if the Kings would match his offersheet or not. Hopefully they don't if Hawks present one.

What are you not sold on about Asik? Top 5 defensive C and 2nd best (I believe) rebounding C. True 7 footer, plays in the paint on both ends of the floor and fits perfect next to Al. That's a pretty damn good replacement for Josh Smith. In fact I believe that's about exactly what we'd ask FROM Josh if he were to play the game the way he should play it.... except for being 7' vs 6'9".

Much appreciated. I have yet to meet another Hawks fan in person. I've been lurking the boards for a year or so now. It's good to be involved with fellow fans.

That's why I want Asik so bad. Think about it, when was the last time we had a good true center that is 7'? Our last 7 footer was Petro and he is by no means starting material. Unless we have Lebron on our team, we need a true center to compete with the Marc Gasols and Andrew Bynums of the league.

• Like 1

i definately wouldnt mind asik being here when we also got 2 solid center prospects to develope & bring off the bench, iquadala is the one im not crazy about b/c his offensive output is just as on& off as josh was.

but sense we did not jump to get a david west which only signed for about 12 ayr for 3 years, what else is out their. you might as well go ahead & splurge on tyreke. we are eventually going to have to obtain someone that has the potential to be unstopable on any night & tyreke gives you that.12 million is not steep when we gave joe 15 at one time.

I didn't say that I hated Asik, just not sold on him--- really wanted Splitter (of course Howard but that's a pipe dream). I hope he is more than just a rebounder and lane-clogger... would love to see some offense out of him.

I won't be upset if we end up with Asik, but we better not take on Lin's contract just to get him. Anything we can do to get Al to his "natural" position would be ideal (obviously)... I'm just hoping for the best here... I just have an odd feeling that we will be getting tier-2 guys just to say we bought someone.

I didn't say that I hated Asik, just not sold on him--- really wanted Splitter (of course Howard but that's a pipe dream). I hope he is more than just a rebounder and lane-clogger... would love to see some offense out of him.

I won't be upset if we end up with Asik, but we better not take on Lin's contract just to get him. Anything we can do to get Al to his "natural" position would be ideal (obviously)... I'm just hoping for the best here... I just have an odd feeling that we will be getting tier-2 guys just to say we bought someone.

I don't think Splitter is particularly better than Asik in any skill. I do agree with you however that I would hate to have to get Lin's contract.

Asik isn't a starter on a contender especially for his price tag. I'd rather be bad than mediocre. We either get the best or we are just wasting our time and cap.

I disagree. He isn't going to be flashy or score late in games. But he is that true center we have been missing for all these years. I can see him taking a Ben Wallace role in that he defends and rebounds, basically taking care of the dirty work.

Throughout my time as a Hawks fan (pretty much since the year Horford got drafted), we have never had a solid true center. Zaza is good off the bench, not as a starter. I truly believe that getting Asik, a defensive complement to Al Horford, would be a great success under Danny Ferry. My bold prediction is that if we start Horford at the PF for all of next year, he will average 20+ ppg and will emerge into more of a star than he already is.

The signing of Tyreke or Iguodala will give us that player that can finish games for us (along with Lou) and can take that last second shot. They don't have to be prime time scorers to be useful to us.

So looking at the lineup (assuming we resign Teague):

Teague

Iguodala/Evans - Lou

FA SF

Horford

Asik

I really think this allows us to compete and develop at the same time. What are the chances of this happening? Does anyone else agree with my prediction about Horford?

That alone would be all of the offense and rebounding we would need. I would be completely satisfied with this lineup if we get a purely defensive Small Forward to be able to hold their own. Without a defensive minded small forward I dont know how well we would fare considering it seems to be a small forward league. We all know Asik and Horford would hold the paint down on defense.

If you're not "sold" on Asik, you don't know basketball. If we get Evans and Asik I'd be ecstatic. I especially think Tyreke would excel here in Atlanta, just don't know if Ferry will beef up the offer that N.O. is giving him..

Asik isn't a starter on a contender especially for his price tag. I'd rather be bad than mediocre. We either get the best or we are just wasting our time and cap.

Yeah nobody would start a 7 footer top 5 defensive C and 2nd best rebounding C on their contending team... :ahf2: