• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big Man Depth (or: Center By Committee)

DatWerkk

Pretend Howard is gone (because he basically is).

Some people here like Al Jefferson.

Some people here want to risk a short term deal with Andrew Bynum.

Some people here think signing Greg Oden could be a steal.

I say... why don't we sign all of them?

Jefferson is going to require a real contract. 3-4 years for $8 million per, or something in that range. Bynum, if he's being at all realistic with himself, should accept a 2 year deal at $5-6 million per where the second year is a team option. And finally, Greg Oden should be looking for a team with a solid coach, minimal distractions and media scrutiny, and most importantly multiple other centers he could work out with and learn from. Now granted I'm not sure I want Greg Oden picking up any of Andrew Bynum's off-season habits, but I think taking the pressure of Oden (and his knees) by putting him behind Horford, Jefferson, and Bynum would be great for him. And who knows, if he lives up to his original potential, we're got a massive steal. Same goes for Bynum.

Jefferson - $8 million

Bynum - $5 million

Oden - minimum (I believe around $1.4 million?)

Three potentially excellent front line players for about $18 million total. That's the cost of one Dwight Howard.

Whatcha think? I'm I crazy??

• Admin

Pretend Howard is gone (because he basically is).

Some people here like Al Jefferson.

Some people here want to risk a short term deal with Andrew Bynum.

Some people here think signing Greg Oden could be a steal.

I say... why don't we sign all of them?

Jefferson is going to require a real contract. 3-4 years for $8 million per, or something in that range. Bynum, if he's being at all realistic with himself, should accept a 2 year deal at $5-6 million per where the second year is a team option. And finally, Greg Oden should be looking for a team with a solid coach, minimal distractions and media scrutiny, and most importantly multiple other centers he could work out with and learn from. Now granted I'm not sure I want Greg Oden picking up any of Andrew Bynum's off-season habits, but I think taking the pressure of Oden (and his knees) by putting him behind Horford, Jefferson, and Bynum would be great for him. And who knows, if he lives up to his original potential, we're got a massive steal. Same goes for Bynum.

Jefferson - $8 million

Bynum - $5 million

Oden - minimum (I believe around $1.4 million?)

Three potentially excellent front line players for about $18 million total. That's the cost of one Dwight Howard.

Whatcha think? I'm I crazy??

5 million....are you talking about Will Bynum from the Pistons?

Well my first choice is Pek but if not hell, I guess we could take a chance on Bynum. Players have gotten their stuff together in the past and he's young, he still could with Al's guidance.

I was really pro Jefferson for awhile but the more I learn about his game, the more I worry.

You guys really think someone is paying double digit millions for Bynum? The same Bynum with two potentially bad knees? The same Bynum who missed an entire season but still refuses to work out for anybody before signing a contract? Y'all must have a ton more faith in him than most people...As for Al Jefferson, I just don't see that kind of market for him. Maybe I was a bit off and should have said $10 millionish but he's far from a max player.

I used to love the Cookie Monster (Al Jeff). Lately though I'm worried he might decline soon. I like Pek a lot as he's just a load down low. I like Bynum if he played, well I guess even 1 game last season. I'm worried Oden's injuries will reoccur. Dwight had back surgery.Basically I'm gonna feel pretty nervous about any center we sign.

I used to love the Cookie Monster (Al Jeff). Lately though I'm worried he might decline soon. I like Pek a lot as he's just a load down low. I like Bynum if he played, well I guess even 1 game last season. I'm worried Oden's injuries will reoccur. Dwight had back surgery.Basically I'm gonna feel pretty nervous about any center we sign.

The plus side of Jefferson declining is that he can't get any worse as a defender and he really can't become too much more inefficient. So there's that.

Haha true. His defense blows. Only thing I love about his game is that lil jump hook. It's pretty consistent and lethal. Haven't seen him get blocked on that hook much, and it usually finds the hole.