• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyle Korver RE-SIGNS with HAWKS 4 yr $24 million

plskeepbibby

I dont know why yall guys is so negative about this. To keep a very good 3 point expert for only 6 mil is very important. This team needs more shooters.

Agreed Neki...and while I joke around alot...I do think that we need to realize that how we think a player like Korver fits into OUR budget doesn't mean much of anything when you are talking about a free agent. We are competing against all the teams for his services.

Some may call it "overpaying"...but if you are just paying what the market will bear - is it? From what I read earlier, he already had an offer of 3 for 20. 4 for 24 doesn't seem like a big overpay with a shooter like Korver.

It is a waste unless it coupled with signing Dwight. THEN it makes sense. If we don't get Dwight then it makes NO SENSE. Korver is OLDER than Joe Johnson for crying out loud and we gave him a FOUR year deal lol.

A 4 yr deal that's 6 million less that what Joe is making in ONE (1) season, great comparison....not.

• Premium Member

6 million in the grand scheme of things is not a hard contract to move, unbelievable

You don't sign players to think "well we can maybe trade him later" as a valid reasoning. Unless we bring in Dwight which means WIN NOW all this does is keep us from possibly getting a lottery pick in the 2014 draft. This upcoming draft is the deepest draft in maybe 8 to 10 years. THAT is how important a lottery pick is going to be. If we can't sign Dwight then drafting a potential superstar makes MORE sense long term than a six million over thirty year old one trick pony.

A 4 yr deal that's 6 million less that what Joe is making in ONE (1) season, great comparison....not.

Posted Image

You don't sign players to think "well we can maybe trade him later" as a valid reasoning. Unless we bring in Dwight which means WIN NOW all this does is keep us from possibly getting a lottery pick in the 2014 draft. This upcoming draft is the deepest draft in maybe 8 to 10 years. THAT is how important a lottery pick is going to be. If we can't sign Dwight then drafting a potential superstar makes MORE sense long term than a six million over thirty year old one trick pony.

I know JJ fan, you'd prefer we just sign players without thinking. That's how you end up overpaying for a turd like Joe Johnson.

• Premium Member

Keeping Joe kept us as a playoff tread mill team.

Resigning a one trick pony unless we sign Dwight does the EXACT same thing except Korver isn't as good of a player and he's older.

It is a great comparison.

• Premium Member

Posted Image

I know JJ fan, you'd prefer we just sign players without thinking. That's how you end up overpaying for a turd like Joe Johnson.

Actually if you remember I was completely AGAINST resigning Joe for the max because it was a horrible decision. Feel free to go back and find the posts. I have never advocated "signing players without thinking" and I don't know where you got that from.

If the market is that high for a guy who will be THIRTY SIX YEARS OLD during the contract then perhaps you shouldn't be finding your shooter "in the market".We could get our shooter in the draft or through trade. We spent WAY too much for Korver at 32 yoa. KORVER is OLDER than Joe Johnson!!! He had a 14 PER in by far his best season ever. 14. That's it. He's old and average, yet we payed over the MLE. Waste.Hey, I like Korver, but if there isn't a Dwight Howard, he's a contract burden. W

36 years in the last year of a deal? - try again!!!

Yes, that is part of the philosophy when signing players. Sign to reasonable deal if we decide to go in a different direction then we can trade them because the contract isn't a bad one. It's clear you are in favor of tanking and are convinced that everyone coming out in the top 5 picks next year are going to be hall of famers. They may or may not, but signing Korver isn't going to hinder this team. For what it is worth if are season is going down the tubes we can trade at the deadline since he has a reasonable contract and go on the tanking plan for a hall of fame draft pick.

Actually if you remember I was completely AGAINST resigning Joe for the max because it was a horrible decision. Feel free to go back and find the posts. I have never advocated "signing players without thinking" and I don't know where you got that from.

^^^^^ Your words, not mine

No tank for you... Bwhahaha! Edited by JayBirdHawk