• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh returning to Atlanta to contemplate future. Curious

Admin

Or the ASG might be willing to become a tax paying team! Wait - what? Never mind.But seriously why wouldn't they if they get D12?

It's not as cut and dried as it used to be to just say f it let's be a tax paying team. There are penalties to it now and I think they get progressively worse the next 2-3 years so unless you're winning championships and bringing in a lot of revenue that's a big thing to ask of them.

Considering that Dwight isn't the type who sells jerseys he's not going to give us much national or global appeal unless we're winning ships.

Korver re-signs and now Dwight and Josh have left LA and Josh is coming home to contemplate his future. Hmmm

As Alice said that enigmatic White Rabbit, "Curious, and curiouser!"

No idea what any this stuff might (or might not) mean, as my tea leaves have never done but brew tea, but there are changes cookin' in the breeze, and dense and thick a brick as I might be, I can feel it too.

Exciting times, good days to be alive, as the state of Maine bakes in unusual heat and nearly deathly humidity, and it's just lovely, the heart of summer, and how that just reminds me of Georgia and makes me chuckle at all these Yankees dying in the heat while I luxuriate in it and simply beat the heat by diving in the chill the north Atlantic, and how I can only just sink knees and thank God the beauty each and every moment of this.

And on that note, happy Independence Day/4th of July to you all, be careful, be safe, and let's go, mother-effing Hawks.

• Like 2

Well I appreciate you posting that and for searching. I hadn't seen anything like that so I'm skeptical, although it's not out of the realm of possibility. Either way I'm glad that he's back and will be filling the role for the type of player that Ferry wants.

But ya know man I could have sworn I saw something like that as well where Korver said that he didnt want to return to the hawks if they are trying to rebuild because he wants to play with a contender. I don't know where the article is but I'm sure I saw it but hey maybe I'm wrong or maybe it was a rumor.....that's always possible.

I think they've wanted to play togather from the beginning, just not in ATL. Howard would 've already come last year. They want to team up elsewhere and that would appear to make it Houston.They both announced that they were going to step back to ponder their future at the same time. You ponder the future when the decision has been made.I think Howard told Ferry he would'nt sign here; freeing Smith, so Howard and Smith said we're going to Houston; work it out.

Edited by tbhawksfan

I think they've wanted to play togather from the beginning, just not in ATL. Howard would 've already come last year. They want to team up elsewhere and that would appear to make it Houston.They both announced that they were going to step back to ponder their future at the same time. You ponder the future when the decision has been made.I think Howard told Ferry he would'nt sign here; freeing Smith, so Howard and Smith said we're going to Houston; work it out.

I think this is possible, but I also think it is interesting that it has come out that the Rockets will pursue a trade for LaMarcus Aldridge if they do not land Dwight Howard.

If Josh and Dwight want to play on the same team, the Hawks are the only team that can make that happen without help. If they want to play in Houston, they have to go through Atlanta. Houston cannot sign Josh Smith unless he takes a well below market contract.

Josh could be coming back to Atlanta to pack his things. Who knows. But if Ferry has figured out how to swing:

C - Dwight Howard

PF - Al Horford

SF - Josh Smith

SG - Iguodala

PG - Teague

G - Lou

G/F - Korver

then the ASG needs to go ahead and get Ferry's bronze made... I doubt the twitter thing means anything though. Iguodala did take to twitter after Sacramento rescinded their $14 mil/yr contract for him.

Oh, and Josh has a home in LA and lives there during the offseason.

Horrible starting lineup offensively. Dwight needs to be surrounded by shooters.

J.Jack/Korver/Josh/Al/Dwight might work, but I like Jack/Korver/Granger/Al or Josh/Dwight better. haha

Edited by terrell

I think this is possible, but I also think it is interesting that it has come out that the Rockets will pursue a trade for LaMarcus Aldridge if they do not land Dwight Howard. If Josh and Dwight want to play on the same team, the Hawks are the only team that can make that happen without help. If they want to play in Houston, they have to go through Atlanta. Houston cannot sign Josh Smith unless he takes a well below market contract.

So, if they can't make it work through Houston, will Dwight come here as the only other possibility to play with Smith? Very likely exactly what's being discussed. Ferry's holding all the cards, you want to play together, you come here or give us a lot of incentive to trade you Smith.

So, if they can't make it work through Houston, will Dwight come here as the only other possibility to play with Smith? Very likely exactly what's being discussed. Ferry's holding all the cards, you want to play together, you come here or give us a lot of incentive to trade you Smith.

If Howard doesn't come here I can't see Ferry as being the one to blame. He has some cards.... Being able to add other plays through FA, Dwight's friends, home town and all of that. It's not like ATL has nothing to offer to him here. He can take the money in LA and being in Kobe's shadow, or he can play in Houston with Haden and Parsons, but it gets questionable after that. Or he can come here and play with his friends and have other players that he wants here perhaps.

How could have Howard come last year? Magic were not trading Howard within the division.

Edited by GThawks3