• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Warriors are offering us their trash to try and land Dwight

Sothron

Guest rivgambino

Yeah, so pathetic to pick up and extra lottery talent and a late first for a couple of years running. No team needs say 4 lottery picks in 2 yrs plus max cap space. Not like you could get a James harden with anything like this.Really? This is how smaller market teams could cut in half their rebuild time. Think outside the box. Cap space has many uses.W

Last I checked we've had plenty of opportunities to build in the draft and missed BIGTIME. Also GS getting better doesnt mean we are getting a lottery pick from them nor do they even have a 2014 pick from my understanding. When I said pathetic I'm saying its pathetic that in a world of greed we can't give away our cap space to players we want. Lebron, George and other FAs next year are not going to want our $$$. We've been in a rebuild mode ( get over the hump ) since the 80's. It's time to unzip our pants and put our balls on the table and do the damn thing. Ppl wanna keep making cap space and stock piling multiple 1st round picks then have at it. Maybe in 2020 you'll be able to land that star FA to go along with that 1 first rounder who panned out from the 8 we drafted.

Guest Walter

No no no!Ferry keep after Dwight!...he will decide soon.

This is a conditional move. Gs doesn't give up 2014 cap space for no Dwight. My take at least. This is one where they work it out, show it to Dwight and if he bites they do all the deals at once.W

Last I checked we've had plenty of opportunities to build in the draft and missed BIGTIME. Also GS getting better doesnt mean we are getting a lottery pick from them nor do they even have a 2014 pick from my understanding. When I said pathetic I'm saying its pathetic that in a world of greed we can't give away our cap space to players we want. Lebron, George and other FAs next year are not going to want our $$$. We've been in a rebuild mode ( get over the hump ) since the 80's. It's time to unzip our pants and put our balls on the table and do the damn thing. Ppl wanna keep making cap space and stock piling multiple 1st round picks then have at it. Maybe in 2020 you'll be able to land that star FA to go along with that 1 first rounder who panned out from the 8 we drafted.

Last I checked Danny Ferry wasn't our GM then. IFWT

• Like 1

I hear that bro!...this culture need get some balls and if I'm not mistaken I believe ferry us doing that. Lets just hope he doesn't give in.

Guest Walter

So billy goat is your standard for a team drafting and otherwise no team should rebuild through the draft? Miami couldn't give away cap space before King James came. The real statement here is remain financially flexible in the off-season as long as you can or until you get a star player or two. Use cap space in a variety of ways. Don't spend too much on older pieces (korver) when you don't have (younger) stars. We will likely have to sign a RFA and trade them like Houston with Harden to get our star and use our cap space. We need player and draft pieces to do that. Ain't getting them by using our cap space on this yrs seconds and thirds.W

Last I checked Danny Ferry wasn't our GM then. IFWT

I get that dolf but we have been waiting entirely too long! This is our chance until Dwight tells us no I say stick with pursuing him.

I get that dolf but we have been waiting entirely too long! This is our chance until Dwight tells us no I say stick with pursuing him.

I would GLADLY take a lottery talent like Barnes AND a 2014 1st round (even if it's a late one) and continue doing that every year to help teams land superstars. Think about it, we could have Barnes, plus our 2014 lottery pick since we'd be bad-mediocre, and a late 2014 1st rounder in a loaded draft. Add that to Horford, Schröder, Nogueira, Korver and whatever else we can acquire and you can build a nice young team like that.

Bogut-Horford-Barnes-Korver-Teague with plenty of talent of the bench is a promising lineup.

A healthy Bogut and they'd be a 1st-maybe 2nd round team, but chances are he'd get injured early in the season. He'd make a nice expiring contract to move at the trade deadline though.

MARC STEIN@ESPNSTEINLINEEven Hawks haven't been told they're ALL the way out of The Dwightstakes. Other four suitors all in agony ... just as on edge as rest of us11:27 - 05 JUL 13REPLY RETWEET FAVORITE

THISWe cleared all the cap space for this summer and waited (waiting) on Dwight. So lets wait til next summer clear more capspace and wait on LeBron or Melo to tell us no.If you're in Atlanta and you clear cap space in hopes of signing a superstar....YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A BAD TIME

The Hawks have a chance of signing free agent Dwight Howard ......aaaaaand its gone!

I would GLADLY take a lottery talent like Barnes AND a 2014 1st round (even if it's a late one) and continue doing that every year to help teams land superstars. Think about it, we could have Barnes, plus our 2014 lottery pick since we'd be bad-mediocre, and a late 2014 1st rounder in a loaded draft. Add that to Horford, Schröder, Nogueira, Korver and whatever else we can acquire and you can build a nice young team like that.

I'm not feeling it dolf...until Howard says we are out. I like Barnes but I would rather push to the end to get Howard if that's what it takes...I only hope ferry is doing the same thing!

I'm not feeling it dolf...until Howard says we are out. I like Barnes but I would rather push to the end to get Howard if that's what it takes...I only hope ferry is doing the same thing!

Of course this is all contingent on Howard saying he's not coming here. Right now we (fans) have no idea what Howard is thinking, but I'm pretty sure that Ferry does and if he has been told or knows that it's probably not going to happen then he needs to get as many assets as he can to build this team for the future. Nothing would be worse than us being left with our cap space and Dwight signing elsewhere and we have nothing to show for it.

Of course this is all contingent on Howard saying he's not coming here. Right now we (fans) have no idea what Howard is thinking, but I'm pretty sure that Ferry does and if he has been told or knows that it's probably not going to happen then he needs to get as many assets as he can to build this team for the future. Nothing would be worse than us being left with our cap space and Dwight signing elsewhere and we have nothing to show for it.

I don't think it's bad if we are left with our cap space....we sign one year deals again to setup for next off season. What's so bad about that? Didnt ferry do that for this off season last year?

Agreed! As much as I will be thrilled for Howard to sign with the Hawks there will probably come a time (hopefully, soon) that the Hawks (DF) will need to make a decision on how much longer do they wait for his decision and when (if) do they take a trade offer (A Bird In The Hand Is Worth Two In The Bush) if an acceptable offer is actually given. Like you, I would be very disappointed to see the Hawks come away empty handed.
  • Like 1

I don't think it's bad if we are left with our cap space....we sign one year deals again to setup for next off season. What's so bad about that? Didnt ferry do that for this off season last year?

If we take on expiring contracts from the Warriors (or another team) then we are still set up again for next offseason. By doing that we get assets as well as the space vs just having the space.

Guest rivgambino

Too many things to quote but I agree Ferry is hopefully the change we need but aggressiveness isn't a guarantee that we will land big talent. Put a guy in a bar and let him hit on every chick. End of the night he could wind up with his D in his hand and no women. Weird analogy but holds true at least in my thought process. As for whoever said the BK way. Yeah Bk blew it and not saying DF is BK all I'm saying is draft picks is no guarantee that success is within those pics especially later in the round. As far a player like Barnes and pick + a expiring contract...if D12's camp said he will not sign with us and GS was his desired place then hell yes we take that offer. My main point is that it sucks that all this $$$ & all our targets don't want to come here sucks. I'm sure Ferry won't be sitting in his office saying well we tried but at least next year we can do this again. Also the second D12 says no to us I hope we offer Iggy a contract and move super fast on any other targets. I want our name out there officially with public offers not this rumor/source crap.

Bogut+Barnes+1st rounder+ Jefferson/Biedrins is a pretty nice haul. Bogut is always hurt and Biedrins/Jefferson are garbage but they're expiring. The prize is Harrison Barnes, and an extra pick is always nice. I'd go for it, because we're not getting Dwight.