• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New to the boards - Glad Dwight drama is over

NCHawksFan

Hello everyone....I have been lurking and reading for a while and decided to join in the fun. Just a few thoughts this am!1). If we would have gotten Dwight I would have been ecstatic. I would have seen that the hawks image has turned a corner and the chances of getting more big time free agents would have been better.2) I am glad we didn't get Dwight. We would have been stuck with him and our ability to get better would have been tied to his drama. He would have wanted out as early as mid season. He is a great player...not sure if he is the answer.3) there really are no free agents left this year that will make the hawks a top 5 team in the east. 4) looks like Danny Ferry is getting pieces but leaving room to go big in free agency in 2 years. 5) there is no way Carmelo or LeBron would come to Atlanta without another big free agent. Not sure they would even come together.6) I'm ok, with us getting into the lottery this year, but don't want it to be a 5 year tanking process.7) I'm even ok with making playoffs and having an early exit as long as we don't lock ourselves in with awful contracts. Looks like Danny Ferry is going to go this route.Looking forward to a new kind of Hawks team! I do really like what Danny Ferry is trying to do, but it will take a while to change the culture.

• Like 1

Hello everyone....I have been lurking and reading for a while and decided to join in the fun. Just a few thoughts this am!1). If we would have gotten Dwight I would have been ecstatic. I would have seen that the hawks image has turned a corner and the chances of getting more big time free agents would have been better.2) I am glad we didn't get Dwight. We would have been stuck with him and our ability to get better would have been tied to his drama. He would have wanted out as early as mid season. He is a great player...not sure if he is the answer.3) there really are no free agents left this year that will make the hawks a top 5 team in the east.4) looks like Danny Ferry is getting pieces but leaving room to go big in free agency in 2 years.5) there is no way Carmelo or LeBron would come to Atlanta without another big free agent. Not sure they would even come together.6) I'm ok, with us getting into the lottery this year, but don't want it to be a 5 year tanking process.7) I'm even ok with making playoffs and having an early exit as long as we don't lock ourselves in with awful contracts. Looks like Danny Ferry is going to go this route.Looking forward to a new kind of Hawks team! I do really like what Danny Ferry is trying to do, but it will take a while to change the culture.

If we had a better history of luring top FA's I think not getting Dwight would be much easier to swallow. But the inability to draw FA's is like a big monkey on the franchises back. Atlanta might not be LA, but it should be more desirable than the Bucks.

Welcome. There are a lot of troglodytes on here so hopefully you can bring some sanity. I'm out of Charlotte so maybe we can represent when the hawks come to town.

Thanks, I grew up in Atlanta and just moved to Raleigh 6 years ago. I'm looking forward to connecting with you all. I agree that the biggest frustration with not landing Dwight is that Atlanta had a hard time landing big time free agents. I think the Hawks culture is changing and players will want to come here...hopefully.

• Like 2

You and me both, brother. I guarantee he won't win anything. Good teams know how to limit his affect on both ends with his propensity for fouls, turnovers, and poor free throw shooting. Welcome.

Edited by benhillboy