• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Teague gone?

GameTime

• Moderators

Smoove signing with the Pistons was all about money. No one even offered him close to $14 mil/yr. As for Teague, man needs to shut up. It's a business and you are a RFA. Teague is probably the last item on Danny's to-do list because of that. Danny is probably out scouring free agency for a starting 2 guard right now. Teague keeps this up and he'll be replaced by Mo Williams and he'll be a backup PG somewhere making less than the $4.5 mil QO.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

Smoove signing with the Pistons was all about money. No one even offered him close to $14 mil/yr. As for Teague, man needs to shut up. It's a business and you are a RFA. Teague is probably the last item on Danny's to-do list because of that. Danny is probably out scouring free agency for a starting 2 guard right now. Teague keeps this up and he'll be replaced by Mo Williams and he'll be a backup PG somewhere making less than the $4.5 mil QO.

LOL it's not that serious. He's just congratulating a former teammate for cashing in.

Edited by APE
  • Like 2

Please bring me Vasquez! He stepped up last year and became a threat for a triple double at any given time. Solid stats across the board.

• Moderators

Says Vasquez is a King?

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130705/SPORTS0102/307050046/1004/sports/Thursday-s-NBA-roundup--Sources-say-G-Greivis-Vasquez-going-to-Kings-in-3-team-deal

Didn't see this story until now, but if true, NO is going to have a great backcourt duo with Holiday and Evans.

People on Twitter need to be saved from themselves. The fact that Teague has t even gotten an offer yet is troubling and surprising to me, though. Who is Teague's agent and is he any good, because Teague is too good and still has upside to still be languishing with guys who've already hit their low ceiling like the Bucks guards. Jack, Collison, Calderon, and Reddick were all snatched up. Teague is arguably better than all those. Ferry was paying attention when Teague kicked it into high gear for our playoff push when he was posting 20 and 10 like it wasn't nothing didn't he, or was he overseas somewhere? All I can think is he knows something about Schröder, Lou, and Jenkins that we don't. PG by committee is horrible IMO though, especially when Korver can't dribble three times straight.

Edited by benhillboy

People on Twitter need to be saved from themselves. The fact that Teague has t even gotten an offer yet is troubling and surprising to me, though. Who is Teague's agent and is he any good, because Teague is too good and still has upside to still be languishing with guys who've already hit their low ceiling like the Bucks guards. Jack, Collison, Calderon, and Reddick were all snatched up. Teague is arguably better than all those. Ferry was paying attention when Teague kicked it into high gear for our playoff push when he was posting 20 and 10 like it wasn't nothing didn't he, or was he overseas somewhere? All I can think is he knows something about Schröder, Lou, and Jenkins that we don't. PG by committee is horrible IMO though, especially when Korver can't dribble three times straight.

The difference is those guys were unrestricted. I haven't heard much about Brandon Jennings and That minny center either. If Jeff was an UFA he would have been getting courted big time by some team needing a PG day one

Edited by Cwell
  • Like 1

The difference is those guys were unrestricted...If Jeff was an UFA he would have been getting courted big time by some team needing a PG day one

True that. I'm totally ignorant to contract talk, free agency specifics, cap space, poison pills, player and team options, Bird Rights, luxury, all that type of sh@t. Edited by benhillboy

Teague making these comments on twitter might also be a business move for him. I don't follow him, so maybe it is just his MO to be sad and mopey on twitter all the time. I guess that makes sense after watching him on the court all these years.