• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks are in negotiations with Monta Ellis. Not signed yet

drzachary

I'm a Monta Ellis fan, I just want to go young and develop, while sucking to get a top pick and a hopeful franchise changer. I would add Ellis when we need a proven scorer on a contender.

Edited by RWF

I bet I'll enjoy watching the Hawks much more than you next year.

If you enjoy mediocrity then by all means. That's what this signing would guarantee. That's the difference between getting a guy like Pekovic and bringing back Teague makes vs signing Ellis. With Ellis and this current roster at best we're a 1st round exit team and I'm sorry but that doesn't excite me.

#yaypoints!

Stein just tweeted about Cavs and Bynum... prompting me to think... would Bynum @ 4 yrs/ $44 mil get this same level of negative reaction? Whaddaythink?

I'd rather have Ellis with that contract. If Bynum refuses to work out then he's likely going to be a Speedy Claxton salary cap killing type of player.

• Like 1

There was a time when I blindly accepted anything the Hawks did and cheered for them. So I understand how you feel right now.

I mean I'm just more accepting of the moves they make because it's the league. If I knew better than them then they'd be the ones posting on hawksquawk and I'd be calling the office shots.

A lot of y'all just look at things with too much sensitivity. I doubt DF is going to get nothing but players that we're in love with. I'm not going to sit here and bash players due to past history when I don't even know what they're signed for.

I'll never be proud of anything the team does if all the thoughts I share are basically negativity and me being upset at signings and trades I don't agree with.

• Like 1

I mean I'm just more accepting of the moves they make because it's the league. If I knew better than them then they'd be the ones posting on hawksquawk and I'd be calling the office shots.

A lot of y'all just look at things with too much sensitivity. I doubt DF is going to get nothing but players that we're in love with. I'm not going to sit here and bash players due to past history when I don't even know what they're signed for.

I'll never be proud of anything the team does if all the thoughts I share are basically negativity and me being upset at signings and trades I don't agree with.

I've been extremely happy (and vocal about it) with every single move the Hawks have made this offseason. Until we didn't get Asik for Josh and now it appears that we're basically getting Monta for Josh. You can be a fan of the team without being a fanboy.

Yeah such a spoiled fan base we are. I guess it is because of all those championships and superstars...

Just saying by some our reactions you would think that there isn't 28 other teams that didn't win a championship this year.

A part of me enjoy this for BrazilianHawk, drzach, and others who attacked me and my past fanhood because I am retiring as a Hawk fan because I am completely turned off by the lack of championship direction from the organization. A part of me is sad because Monta is the ultimate frustrating player, more so than Smoove because Smoove has very good defensive impact but his offense is so meh. Monta can score and score extremely well but his lack of size, average BBIQ, and consistency issues leave you more frustrated than not.

It's hard to say I am done as a Hawk fan. I tried posting on the Pelicansreport and I just get bored there and fast. With you guys, it's generally no real good news but you act like it is. I like that. While this is just the Hawks being the Hawks. I can't see me dropping all my ties to the Hawks and being a fan but the Hawks will no longer be my #1 team. They are too stressful and management plus ownership is awful. Maybe they start Schröder at PG, Ellis at SG, Korver at SF, Horf at PF, sign a C like Daly and make a run for it next year. It is what it is. The Hawks will never be a contender but if they can fun. Horf can make the transition into superstardom and Ellis can be a very good scorer who can alleviate Schröder of PG responsibility, it could be a fun season to watch. Who knows?

Edited by nbasupes40retired

• Premium Member

hehe... Lang Greene @ Hoopsworld evidently lurking, if not participating in our discussion(?)...

"Hawks engaged in discussions with free agent guard Monta Ellis. General consensus from a quick scan of noted Hawks fans isn't favorable."

• Like 3

I've been extremely happy (and vocal about it) with every single move the Hawks have made this offseason. Until we didn't get Asik for Josh and now it appears that we're basically getting Monta for Josh. You can be a fan of the team without being a fanboy.

Billy Knight knew better than everyone that said the Hawks should have drafted a PG. After all, he was an actual GM! So he knew and so does Danny boy!

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

I'd rather have Ellis with that contract. If Bynum refuses to work out then he's likely going to be a Speedy Claxton salary cap killing type of player.

Monta Ellis is far from Speedy Claxton. Speedy career in Atlanta was like Bynum's in Philly. He barely if ever played. Monta is a weird player Atlanta fans have never seen before. He will show you flashes of being the best scorer in the NBA with some defensive skills than he will look like a stupid chucker the next. He is mirrored by inconsistency but believe it or not, he is good at running the PnR for his offense and others.

A part of me enjoy this for BrazilianHawk, drzach, and others who attacked me and my past fanhood because I am retiring as a Hawk fan because I am completely turned off by the lack of championship direction from the organization. A part of me is sad because Monta is the ultimate frustrating player, more so than Smoove because Smoove has very good defensive impact but his offense is so meh. Monta can score and score extremely well but his lack of size, average BBIQ, and consistency issues leave you more frustrated than not.

It's hard to say I am done as a Hawk fan. I tried posting and Pelicansreport and I just get bored there and fast. With you guys, it's generally no real good news but you act like it is. I like that. While this is just the Hawks being the Hawks. I can't see me dropping all my ties to the Hawks and being a fan but the Hawks will no longer be my #1 team. They are too stressful and management plus ownership is awful. Maybe they start Schröder at PG, Ellis at SG, Korver at SF, Horf at PF, sign a C like Daly and make a run for it next year. It is what it is. The Hawks will never be a contender but if they can fun. Horf can make the transition into superstardom and Ellis can be a very good scorer who can alleviate Schröder of PG responsibility, it could be a fun season to watch. Who knows?

If you're done, just be done. Don't be done-but-still-posting-constantly-to-tell-us-you're-done. Adios!