Jennings for Teague heating up?

JohnnyCASH

Jennings is a beast. Jennings like Smoove opinions can vary from person to person. I love Jennings for this team. Him and Horford are a great fit. I really didn't see Milwaukee letting him go this year. Both Jennings and Teague have average BBIQ. Jennings just happens to have superior PG skills to Jeff.

False Jennings is garbage! I watched this guy alot the last 3 years! My roommate is a bucks fan...Teague has been waay better than Jennings fur the past 3 years! You thought monte threw up dumb shots?! Wait until you see Jennings! It's doesnt even compare that's why last year he was what 39% on FG.Teague is better because he is smarter!Oh and he does have an attitude a very bad one at that...have you even watched this guy? Edited by JTB

Jeez Ferry must really hate Teague. My guess on this deal is that we can probably get Jennings for a lot less than Ellis. My guess is 6-8 million per season. If Ellis really wants 12 then I'd take Jennings at 6-8 and hope we can fix his game. He's still young so maybe there is hope and he does shoot the 3 well and isn't afraid to attack, but man he makes Ellis look efficient and that's just crazy.

There is really not much to fix with Brandon. You just have the put the right personnel around him to hide his weaknesses. You do that with personnel that can move without the Basketball, shooters, and a PnR big man that can stretch the floor for Jennings. Take it from someone who played PG on the college level as a true PG. Teague has no PG skills at all. None, Nada, Zilch, Cero. Teague is a good talent. He could be a top 50 NBA player but he's not a starting PG at all in the NBA. LD loves him but I hate Jeff starting at PG with a passion.

The media has no clue to what Ferry is doing. He proved that in the draft and then again with the Millsap and Carroll signings. What if after all this we ended up with Ersan at SF and pencil in a PG? Now that would be the shit!

And what I just did is exactly what the media is doing. Throw something out there and hope it sticks. Cause I have no clue either what's up Danny's sleeves.

I don't recall a move that DF has made that was telegraphed by the media in the year that he has been here. So with everything that has happened throughout this whole summer draft/fa period, continuing that trend I don't expect DF to make a move the we are remotely aware of.

Bait and switch tactics for sure.

False Jennings is garbage! I watched this guy alot the last 3 years! My roommate is a bucks fan...Teague has been waay better than Jennings fur the past 3 years! You thought monte threw up dumb shots?! Wait until you see Jennings! It's doesnt even compare that's why last year he was what 39% on FG.Teague is better because he is smarter!

I watch a lot of Jennings too with LP and me watching numerous games on my PC. I like Jennings a lot. I have always been a defender of Jennings and always said if you put him in the right personnel, you can turn him into a star without question. I could care less about FG%. I know his ability to shoot is inconsistent but if you have players who can move without the ball, an elite movement big that can sell the PnR as well, and you have shooters around him, watch and see him blossom.

Teague is not a smart player. He has average BBIQ and it takes him too long to get us into sets and he's slow at making decisions unless it obvious.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

When a guy shoots 39% yes there is quite a huge hole in his game to fix.My guess between Jennings and Teague is that Ferry sees the lack of killer instinct and professionalism in Teague like I do. From the lazy D on PnR plays to the missed layup in the skills competition and finally that shove of Paul George in the way to the bench. He's just got too much growing up to do. Jennings will at least be a little more serious about things and I see that as an important trait to Danny.

• Like 2

When a guy shoots 39% yes there is quite a huge hole in his game to fix.My guess between Jennings and Teague is that Ferry sees the lack of killer instinct and professionalism in Teague like I do. From the lazy D on PnR plays to the missed layup in the skills competition and finally that shove of Paul George in the way to the bench. He's just got too much growing up to do. Jennings will at least be a little more serious about things and I see that as an important trait to Danny.

You can't look too much into stats with all players. Sometimes those stats can be misleading depending on their personnel and their role and their ability to play that given role. That's not excusing him from being an inconsistent shooter but his percentages could be much higher in the right role and personnel grouping.

• Like 2

False Jennings is garbage! I watched this guy alot the last 3 years! My roommate is a bucks fan...Teague has been waay better than Jennings fur the past 3 years! You thought monte threw up dumb shots?! Wait until you see Jennings! It's doesnt even compare that's why last year he was what 39% on FG.Teague is better because he is smarter!Oh and he does have an attitude a very bad one at that...have you even watched this guy?

Ok, hard to agree that Jennings is "garbage". Why are we so quick to say one guy is great the other is garbage??? We have watched Teague be inconsistent, not be able finish at the rim and be very passive the past three years. So is he garbage??I'm not saying I completely agree with the deal but its worth a look...

Amazing that Teague has growing up to do and Brandon is younger. I don't think Brandon has reached his potential and he has Type A killer instinct, which has been lacking in ATL for quite awhile. I also think this would be an opportunity to get Dalembert to start next to AL. Then in two years if BeBe or Muscala can't start, the 2015 Center FA class is a good one.

Ok, hard to agree that Jennings is "garbage". Why are we so quick to say one guy is great the other is garbage???We have watched Teague be inconsistent, not be able finish at the rim and be very passive the past three years. So is he garbage??I'm not saying I completely agree with the deal but its worth a look...

It's funny, some of the weaknesses that Jeff has Jennings has but because of our personnel being far more favorable to PG's than Milwaukee's, Jeff gets praised while Brandon gets hate. Not taking away from Jeff talent because Jeff is a talented player. No lie about that but if you want to ask me who would I rather have from watching them play, easily Jennings. Without a question.

Look this game v. Lillard and the Blazers

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Ummmmm HELLO SQUAWKERS. YOU CANNOT TELL ME THAT TEAGUE IS BETTER THAN JENNINGS. Let's be honest with each other here. Now TEAGUE FOR ELLIS??? NOOOOOOOOOO WAY!!!! I'd do Jennings for Teague in a heartbeat!

LMAO Jeff made Brandon his bitch in damn near every meeting this passed season. Milwaukee fans would trade there left nut to have Jeff instead of Jennings. Jennings is trash on the court and an idiot off it

The media has no clue to what Ferry is doing. He proved that in the draft and then again with the Millsap and Carroll signings. What if after all this we ended up with Ersan at SF and pencil in a PG? Now that would be the shit! And what I just did is exactly what the media is doing. Throw something out there and hope it sticks. Cause I have no clue either what's up Danny's sleeves.

Yeah, I was thinking that maybe we could work a way to get another player in addition to Jennings in this deal. The biggest catch would be Larry Sanders but I doubt that happens..
  • Like 1

Yeah, I was thinking that maybe we could work a way to get another player in addition to Jennings in this deal.The biggest catch would be Larry Sanders but I doubt that happens..

They almost 100% aren't trading us Sanders or Illysova and likely not Henson. I can see us flipping Lou as well for Lou Richard in the deal. Luc seems to be a Ferry type of player and SF is too loaded for Mil with Defino and Ersan. Luc fits Ferry's love of combo forward players we have already and can defend both positions.

For peoplle who like stats:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=teaguje01&y1=2013&p2=jennibr01&y2=2013&p3=ellismo01&y3=2013

Teague is the best in a lot of the advanced Stats like PER, Winshares. And if you look at his production per 36 minutes he scores just 2,5 point less then ellis and 1,5 less then jennings with nearly two more Assist and less shots. So you can argue that he have a bigger impact on the offense, without beeing such a crappy volume shooter.

But Jenning FG%, isn't so bad since he takes a lot threes with a high percentage so his true sshooting is at least better then the one from Ellis who also takes many threes but barely hit then.

But jennings would be an ok deal for you, since when he learns when to shoot his offense should get better and this should be easier then improving the Jump shot and i see a lot of potential in him

Edited by CrazyEye

For peoplle who like stats:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=teaguje01&y1=2013&p2=jennibr01&y2=2013&p3=ellismo01&y3=2013

Teague is the best in a lot of the advanced Stats like PER, Winshares. And if you look at his production per 36 minutes he scores just 2,5 point less then ellis and 1,5 less then jennings with nearly two more Assist and less shots. So you can argue that he have a bigger impact on the offense, without beeing such a crappy volume shooter.

But Jenning FG%, isn't so bad since he takes a lot threes with a high percentage so his true sshooting is at least better then the one from Ellis who also takes many threes but barely hit then.

One is in an extremely favorable spot for a PG in Teague, one is in a terrible spot for PG's in Jennings. Like I said, using stats can be wrong because personnel grouping matters.

From what I see on Twitter, a lot of the Bucks fans think Teague for Jennings favors the Hawks big time

Because a lot seen Jennings ability and it's an All Star level but they see his fit and he hurts his team much more than he helps them. His advanced stats were nothing short of horrible for someone who gets the mins he gets.