• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

UFC 162 - Silva vs Weidman ** SPOILERS **

Admin

Does anyone think that Silva / UFC purposely threw this fight?  I just got a chance to see it tonight and while we've seen Silva behave this way in the octagon before, it really seemed like he was trying to get knocked out and the shot that knocked him to the canvas really wasn't that big of a shot.  It was a left handed half jab and yeah it caught him off guard but Silva made it look like it rocked him.  Weidman clearly knocked him out after that with a couple of great shots while he was on the ground, but I think this may have been a set up.  Especially so when Silva started talking about this was his last title fight and that he's tired and doesn't want a rematch.  Said he'll never fight for a title again and all that noise.  Just a very, very strange fight and it really bothers me to think that the fight may have been thrown and that if it was, the UFC were probably involved in it. 

Of course Dana White says that it wasn't fixed, but I'm not buying it. 

Posted Image

I know that Silva has been a clown in the ring many times before, but I'm just not comfortable with how the post fight went and it also seemed rehearsed. I have no doubt that he did get knocked out but the way he went down on that half left handed jab like he was hit by a mach truck also bothered me. Maybe it wasn't fixed, but man this sure felt like some WWE type stuff.