• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Backup Center / Ronny Turiaf ?

coachx

• Premium Member

I'd rather let Nogueira get on the job training right away. He's gonna suck but I'd rather him start learning how to play at this level ASAP.

Agreed.Turiaf would be a good option if we landed Dwight or a healthy Bynum, but as of now we should let our draft picks play.

I'd rather let Nogueira get on the job training right away. He's gonna suck but I'd rather him start learning how to play at this level ASAP.

Agree but you need more then Horford and a teenager on the roster. You can't enter the season with a teenager as your only backup C. Last year we had ZaZa and Petro.I'm not sure I prefer Turiaf over Petro..........but a cheap C is needed if we pass on Dalembert.

I like Ivan but not at C.Is Mozgov really available ? I would prefer him too.

Ivan can play backup center against most teams in todays NBA. What is wrong with everybody, suddenly theres a notion that stud centers are winning championships is the NBA. Al is a top 5 center. What we really need is a very good backup with size that can defend bigger centers, like Daly.

Edited by swolehawk2

Agree but you need more then Horford and a teenager on the roster. You can't enter the season with a teenager as your only backup C. Last year we had ZaZa and Petro.I'm not sure I prefer Turiaf over Petro..........but a cheap C is needed if we pass on Dalembert.

Don't forget we have Mr Advanced Stats Mike 'The Moose' Muscala. I have a real feeling about him and I think he's going to help the team this year.

Yeh id rather we get Dally, and use Musc and Bebe in backup

We all would.What if Dally is off the table after meeting with Cuban ?

Don't forget we have Mr Advanced Stats Mike 'The Moose' Muscala. I have a real feeling about him and I think he's going to help the team this year.

That was the Patriot League.We are talking NBA.

If the plan was to have 19 year old and 2nd round pick as your only backup Cs then we had no business signing Milsap..

Exactly....what's going on with that? Hopefully ferry does have something up his sleeve.

Our options appear to be Aldrich, Barron, Blair, Brand, Collins, Dalembert (hopefully), Diop, Gray, Hansborough, Mozgov, Petro, Przybilla, Turiaf, Wilcox, Wright.

Slim pickins boys.

Edited by Watchman

We all would.What if Dally is off the table after meeting with Cuban ?That was the Patriot League.We are talking NBA.

Damian Lillard did alright coming from a tiny conference. Not saying Muscala will have anywhere near the same level of success, but I think he's going to be a good pro.

Damian Lillard did alright coming from a tiny conference. Not saying Muscala will have anywhere near the same level of success, but I think he's going to be a good pro.

Comparing a lottery pick to a 2nd round pick now ?I agree MuscLa may turn into a role player but I can't expect him to be our primary backup C as a rookie. We need a veteran.

Comparing a lottery pick to a 2nd round pick now ?I agree MuscLa may turn into a role player but I can't expect him to be our primary backup C as a rookie. We need a veteran.

I'm comparing guys from small conferences who were overlooked because of it. The degree that they were overlooked doesn't matter. If Muscala was a top 5 prospect based on the advanced metrics then I am optimistic that it will translate. It's not like it would be the 1st time a guy like him came out of nowhere to have a solid NBA career. We aren't going to be any better with an undersized and undertalented Turiaf than we will with Muscala this year so I don't see the point in bringing him in.