• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Everybody keeps saying that it's too much for Teague?

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think Jeff is worth the contract. I've always enjoyed his game.He just doesn't fit here anymore. He is obviously hurt about how he was treated and management doesn't really want him anyways. Those two things together doesn't make it a good deal for us.The NBA is a business and Jeff was a little immature about this whole FA thing. He has some growing up to do, but he is definitely a talented player. When guys like Al and Josh said they thought of Teague as a rookie still, it's probably because he still acted like one. The change of teams will hopefully help him grow some and I hope he is a better player because of it.

• Premium Member

I think Jeff is worth the contract. I've always enjoyed his game.He just doesn't fit here anymore. He is obviously hurt about how he was treated and management doesn't really want him anyways. Those two things together doesn't make it a good deal for us.The NBA is a business and Jeff was a little immature about this whole FA thing. He has some growing up to do, but he is definitely a talented player. When guys like Al and Josh said they thought of Teague as a rookie still, it's probably because he still acted like one. The change of teams will hopefully help him grow some and I hope he is a better player because of it.

Regardless of his feelings. Teague is still an asset to us. That means that if necessary we match and we trade him back to Milwaukee for something we want by midseason or to somebody else. But letting guys go because we respect their feelings... Man... this is a freakin Business. Teams fail to reload because they stop making business decisions and start thinking as if this is something else.

• Premium Member

Regardless of his feelings. Teague is still an asset to us. That means that if necessary we match and we trade him back to Milwaukee for something we want by midseason or to somebody else. But letting guys go because we respect their feelings... Man... this is a freakin Business. Teams fail to reload because they stop making business decisions and start thinking as if this is something else.

I'm sure Ferry has and is exploring options to trade Teague. If nothing seems plausible, then he might just feel that having him here isn't worth the trouble he might cause. Especially if we are serious about developing the German next year.

We would have to wait for one year before we could trade Teague to Milwaukee if we match their offer.

Teague can easily be traded if Ferry decides to match - did anybody see Philly trading Jrue Holiday after signing him to 9mil/per last year, did anybody see Denver trading Nene after signing him to a big deal.

The money sounds right for JT. I don't think he was necessarily hurt emotionally or that he doesn't want to be here, he just expected more action by this point. But from a money standpoint, it seems like you're chasing diminishing marginal returns (to dig up an economics terms from school circa ~ 15 yrs ago) if you go after Jennings or Ellis. I don't think we're seriously going to get Jennings or Ellis for less than 10-12M per. After Teague's first two bench years, he's now got pretty close #'s in terms of production to both Ellis and Jennings, but we can get him for cheaper. For the extra $, we have more flexibility to get other players or sign some rookies. Both Jen & El were top options on their turd team. Teague was pretty far down the list both of the last two years. I think that for the extra money you'd have to pay either Jen or El, you're not going to get much extra in terms of production.

Did we jump too soon for Ferry?! I mean I get that expecting him to go out and sign Howard and Paul was a difficult task and was more likely not to happen but why the rumors for players like Ellis and Jennings? And we just got rid of a player like that being Josh Smith.And what's up with Danny's comments saying that the Jazz team is the Spurs way!....I did get that or understand it.At the least ferry needs to build a team that can compete to get into the playoffs!The Jennings, Ellis talk need to get squashes right here! Neither player is coachable due to them both thinking too highly of themselves while other players like Teague is very coachable and can be coached up to become an all star....now that josh is gon Teague can drop a 18 and 7 for the hawks. In fact that should be easy for him!

• Like 2