• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Season Pass here I come!

Buzzard

Well saidLooking forward to the season and watching these guys play!

I agree 100%. This team is going to play ball man. Very competitive players and we should be improved over last season IMO.

I'd buy the league pass even if I was pissed about the team lol. I can't miss many games!

I hear ya; and only missed one season of it myself; and that was a year my job had me traveling quite a bit.

Gotta have a shot blocker and a defender around the rim

We are missing a piece or two; but at least the pieces are starting to fit together in a much more logical basketball sense. Ferry said we got to change the team culture and get the basketball right. It is starting to get that way from what I see.

• Premium Member

I hear ya; and only missed one season of it myself; and that was a year my job had me traveling quite a bit.

It's tough. I've only been outside of GA for a year, but the money spent on watching the Falcons, Hawks and Braves adds up lol. Local sports fans save a lot of money!

It's tough. I've only been outside of GA for a year, but the money spent on watching the Falcons, Hawks and Braves adds up lol.Local sports fans save a lot of money!

I have been in Cincinnati roughly 10 years. Local fans have no idea how good they got it. My cable bill has doubled since moving out of the Atlanta area.

I agree 100%. This team is going to play ball man. Very competitive players and we should be improved over last season IMO.

and should be well coached.I'm really looking foward to see my hometown professional team actually play smart basketball.There are a lot of old school fans who may start watching the Hawks. A lot of basketball purist refused to watch or support this team b/c of the low IQ they displayed........from ISP Joe to Josh Smith in general.We may lose some the Atlantans who like style over substance but I've never been one of those.
  • Like 1

and should be well coached.I'm really looking foward to see my hometown professional team actually play smart basketball.There are a lot of old school fans who may start watching the Hawks. A lot of basketball purist refused to watch or support this team b/c of the low IQ they displayed........from ISP Joe to Josh Smith in general.We may lose some the Atlantans who like style over substance but I've never been one of those.

I understand the sentiment for Josh and to me it was hyped just as much when we got Shareef. I was in both cases excited as hell for our team. There just comes a time when you have to accept defeat and move on. We did not turn the corner with Shareef and I m looking at this in the same manner with Josh.

Its time to get the basketball right and start turning some corners!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I have been in Cincinnati roughly 10 years. Local fans have no idea how good they got it. My cable bill has doubled since moving out of the Atlanta area.

I'm about 4 hours north in Ohio's favorite state lol. Do you have Directv? I had comcast and had to get all of NBA league pass in SD. They had one game a night in HD, and it was the first game. Raptors vs Bobcats would be HD at 7PM while Heat and Thunder is SD at 730 lol.I wish there was a city pass..so you could just see all local games from your home city. Seems like it shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

I'm about 4 hours north in Ohio's favorite state lol. Do you have Directv? I had comcast and had to get all of NBA league pass in SD. They had one game a night in HD, and it was the first game. Raptors vs Bobcats would be HD at 7PM while Heat and Thunder is SD at 730 lol.I wish there was a city pass..so you could just see all local games from your home city. Seems like it shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

We do have quite a few choices in Cincinnati. Time Warner, Dish, Direct TV, and Cincinnati Bell DSL. I have stuck with Time Warner or DSL for the most part. Satellite and this Ohio weather is not a good match.

Edited by Buzzard

That's interesting, I'm in ATL and can't see many of my Bengals games.. Lol

PG Teague .543 TS%, SG Lou .555 TS%, SG Jenkins .576 TS%, SF Korver .637 TS%, PF Millsap .550 TS%, C Horford .560 TS%.

We are going to be one of the most efficient teams in the league. Add in Millsap's better offensive rebounding vs Smoove; less offensive rebounds to be had, and hopefully a better defensive scheme/effort with Bud, and I really like what we have done so far after losing out on D12.

We have not even played a game and we are already looking like a traditional basketball team whose players will know their roles. And though we may not quite be that 3rd seed we were with JJ two years ago, other teams are not going to view us as a bunch of dysfunctional 6'8" and 6' 9" players any more.

I welcome a much more traditional look and quite honestly hated all the arguments over where our players should play. NBA Season Pass and Danny Ferry, you got me for another season and I am loving it!

Of the players listed, who gets their own shot and who is primarily assisted?

TS% usually relates directly to not creating. Those who create shots shoot a lower percentage. Those that shoot a higher percentage are usually set up by someone else.

Teague 31% assisted (makes sense, he's a point guard)

Lou 45% assisted

Jenkins 75% assisted

Korver 96% assisted

Al 77% assisted

Paul 62% assisted

Of that list, only Teague/Williams are under 50%. What this means is their high TS% is due to the assists of others except for Teague/Williams whose assisted most probably come off of 3's.

Using a comparison, Chris Paul was only assisted 22% of the time. Why? Because he gets his own shot.

Lebron, 40%. Because Lebron creates his own offense, he is only 40%. TS% is a great stat but only if coupled with assisted. By position assisted is higher. Centers are usually sky high, guards low.

Because of Korver's lack of handles, there will be tremendous pressure on Teague to handle the ball and create for others (something he struggles with). He's learning the pick n roll but is not fluid with it.

There are going to be a lot of forced shots with this group. We will miss Devin, Josh and others who handled the ball in a pinch.

Of the players listed, who gets their own shot and who is primarily assisted?

TS% usually relates directly to not creating. Those who create shots shoot a lower percentage. Those that shoot a higher percentage are usually set up by someone else.

Teague 31% assisted (makes sense, he's a point guard)

Lou 45% assisted

Jenkins 75% assisted

Korver 96% assisted

Al 77% assisted

Paul 62% assisted

Of that list, only Teague/Williams are under 50%. What this means is their high TS% is due to the assists of others except for Teague/Williams whose assisted most probably come off of 3's.

Using a comparison, Chris Paul was only assisted 22% of the time. Why? Because he gets his own shot.

Lebron, 40%. Because Lebron creates his own offense, he is only 40%. TS% is a great stat but only if coupled with assisted. By position assisted is higher. Centers are usually sky high, guards low.

Because of Korver's lack of handles, there will be tremendous pressure on Teague to handle the ball and create for others (something he struggles with). He's learning the pick n roll but is not fluid with it.

There are going to be a lot of forced shots with this group. We will miss Devin, Josh and others who handled the ball in a pinch.

Devin is a solid but I am not going to miss Smoove's 18 to 23 ft jumpers with the clock winding down. Saying Smoove creates his own shot is a bit misleading; they left him open for the most part and begged him to take it.

When you have a team full of players that create their own shot; that is how you end up with ISO ball. I do not expect Bud's offense to look anything like Woody's or Drew's. I am ok with Teague or Lou having to create their own shot when our offense gets stymied in a half court set. What I am not ok with is for that ISO ball starting up just 10 to 15 seconds into the shot clock.

Edited by Buzzard