• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braun Finally Caught Red-Handed

AHF

• Moderators

So glad to see another steroid star bite the dust. Anyone who doubts PEDs should look at how much money these guys are giving up to use them. Even after Braun nearly lost millions last season and got off on a technicality, he still proceeds to recklessly continue to use PEDs and gets busted. He must not think much of his chances without them.

He is a moron plain and simple. After what happened last year this is just flat out embarrassing and it cracks me up all of the pro ball players who had his back in believing that he was set up at the time.

At least MLB are interested in trying to look like they care about the integrity of the game though while the NBA just let guys like LeBron, who I am certain has used HGH from the same Miami clinic that A-Rod got his from, just skates on by.

• Moderators

He is a moron plain and simple. After what happened last year this is just flat out embarrassing and it cracks me up all of the pro ball players who had his back in believing that he was set up at the time.

At least MLB are interested in trying to look like they care about the integrity of the game though while the NBA just let guys like LeBron, who I am certain has used HGH from the same Miami clinic that A-Rod got his from, just skates on by.

Yeah. What's the deal on that. Does the NBA test for PEDs?

Braun seems like a moron but think how much money he has been able to keep because of this enhanced play.

Glad he's out for the season. The punishment should be more harsh than that though. Stern cares about money/marketing and money/marketing only. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't (or Silver) wouldn't test NBA players for that.

Edited by AHawks89

• Moderators

I looked up nba policy and found this very interesting article:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/41666640/

Abbott also points out that the NBA only subjects players to four random tests per season and just two random tests in the offseason. Both numbers make Conte incredulous. "Testing you only a couple of times a year isn't much, especially when you know how quickly some of these drugs clear," he says. "EPO, synthetic testosterone, you can clear them in a day. And the offseason is when the fish are really biting. If you don't put your hook and line in the pond when you know they're biting, you're not going to catch any fish. I believe that there are really all sorts of loopholes in the testing of the NBA."

The really bad sport in this is the NFL. I think it is the norm that guys are using. I would be really surprised if anyone in the NFL isn't using something.

Did you guys hear the piece on ESPN, or maybe it was Mad Dog, this morning that there are at least a dozen non-MLB players names on the roster of Biogenesis? Several are NBA guys, but none are NFL or NHL. It will be interesting to see if the NBA even bothers with it, same for tennis and pro golf.