• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry has already signed Centers for this team.

JTB

What are you guys talking about? Ferry has signed 3 legit centers on this team!I keep seeing post that we haven't signed a legit center but we have! The avg. height for a center in the NBA is 6"10-6"11 and the avg. weight is 248-260.So far Ferry has signed: Elton Brand-who doesn't meet the height avg but does weigh 260 with an enormous wing span being 7"5Gustavo Ayón-who isn't signed yet but does meet the avg. height of NBA centers at 6"10 (his long ass head makes him 6"11 like d Howard) and is the avg. weight size at 250 also does have a decent wing span of 7"1Pero Antić- who is at the avg. NBA center height 6"11 and weight size 260 not sure of wing span.Now can we please stop saying we don't have legit centers because we do! Now if they are starting quality or if they are good or not is a different story...but nonetheless Ferry went out and got done BIG bodies for this team! Brand will be great for us off the bench. I think Pero has a chance at starting for the hawks or atleast playing done Big time minutes along with Brand and YES YES YES wheather you like it or not Milsap will be splitting minutes at SF and PF....lets see what he can do before we judge this decision.And one last time please please don't say ferry didnt sign any legit centers cause he did! Do you people think there is a bunch

• Like 1

Well clearly I wrote that size matters more than height....Just saying we have legit centers who have both the height and size. Now them being good or not is a different story.PSSorry for the typos

I dunno man Pero is a stretch PF at the most nothing more. Ayón is actually pretty swift for a big man, but he's not talented enough to hold big minutes.

Well I'm looking at like this....we all want horford moved to the PF position. I say between brand, Pero and Ayón coach Bud split up the minutes between these 3 at center and let milsap and horford hold down the 4

• Moderators

There is zero to indicate Pero is a center. Brand is several inches shorter and a much more legit center. Ayón is a more legit center (if less talented)

I would still love to see us sign Oden.

Can we sign NBA center Danillo Gallinari? He is only 1 inch shorter than Pero Antić and is the same height as Ayón. Maybe Toni Kukoc would be cheaper?

Isn't Gallainari 230 pounds? Yeah well I get you were trying to be funny but Gallainari is 30 pounds lighter than the guys we have that's going to be playing center.At least the guys we have meet the avg. of height and weight among other BIGS in the league.Guys on this board act like every center the hawks play night in night out are Roy Hibbert like size....it's clear with this new group we are out skilled not out sized anymore. We have plenty of BIG bodies we can throw around when needed.

Yeah that's what's probably what they're gonna have to do seeing that Horford doesn't want to play Center. It's not like we have too many options out there anyway.

Exactly and that's another thing we are bit**ing about getting a legit center as if there are better guys in free agency than the ones we are picking up!....I get oden is out there but he has to want to come here first.We need to be focusing on getting a SF

• Moderators

My understanding is that Pero wanted to be a perimeter oriented forward in Europe and actively avoided playing center there. I doubt he will want to pick up those duties against NBA centers.

We did it guys! We got our Centers. 3 "Legit" Centers! Danny Ferry for president!

Hooray!!! Maybe people will stop complaining about legit centers and start rightfully complaining about wanting a skilled center instead.As far as ferry goes he answered most wishes he added 3 BIGS that have size and 2 that has avg. height......oh you mad?!...but, but, but that's what you asked for! Lol

My understanding is that Pero wanted to be a perimeter oriented forward in Europe and actively avoided playing center there. I doubt he will want to pick up those duties against NBA centers.

I'm sorry I thought our organization had balls now!First we let smith run PG for 6 years now we have another Big that wants to play on the perimeter!Well look coach bud is going to have to put his foot down...based off Pero interview it sounded to me that he was willing to do any thing to help the team out hopefully he sticks to his word.

Just to be clear... We are bickering over an inch and a few pounds and whether or not that constitutes a worthy center? And according to some, our only lord and savior is a guy who hasn't played in two years? Well I guess we are screwed either way then. Lol

• Moderators

Just to be clear... We are bickering over an inch and a few pounds and whether or not that constitutes a worthy center? And according to some, our only lord and savior is a guy who hasn't played in two years? Well I guess we are screwed either way then. Lol

My issue wasn't height - it was that Pero Antić has apparently refused to play center in the past so I don't think he should be included in this discussion. Height doesn't make much difference if the guy is going to play as a stretch PF.

I do think our only chance for a difference maker at this point is Oden (who has played great in his limited minutes), so yeah we are probably screwed for having anything approximating an impact center not name Al Horford.