• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The South will Shake out very quickly.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Looking at the NCAA rankings that just came out:

South Carolina, Georgia, and Clemson are all top ten right now.

Everybody will be watching Clemson vs. UGA week 1 and Clemson vs. SC at the end. But the one thing I have a good feeling about is that one of these teams will have a shot at the National title and one of these teams is just a pretender.

I am SO bummed about UGA's early schedule this year - but the Alums are the ones that got us here with thier bitching.

There were complaints (about five years ago - when this years schedule was made) - about how the Dawgs didn't play top teams out of conference.

So now we have to play Clemson (coming off a bowl win against LSU)...South Carolina (ranked pre-season top 10+)...and LSU...in the first four games.

By the way - Alabama is playing Ga. State this year - the 125th ranked BCS team in the BCS. The only reason Ga. State is ranked 125th is that there are only 125 BCS teams and they can't rank them against 1AA teams and Div. II teams - or they would be ranked 366. If they could be ranked against top Texas/Florida/Georgia High School teams they would be ranked 400.

Edited by Marilyn

I am SO bummed about UGA's early schedule this year - but the Alums are the ones that got us here with thier bitching. There were complaints (about five years ago - when this years schedule was made) - about how the Dawgs didn't play top teams out of conference. So now we have to play Clemson (coming off a bowl win against LSU)...South Carolina (ranked pre-season top 10+)...and LSU...in the first four games. By the way - Alabama is playing Ga. State this year - the 125th ranked BCS team in the BCS. The only reason Ga. State is ranked 125th is that there are only 125 BCS teams and they can't rank them against 1AA teams and Div. II teams - or they would be ranked 366. If they could be ranked against top Texas/Florida/Georgia High School teams they would be ranked 400.

What's your point...? Georgia plays North Texas and App State this year, too, hardly power house teams.Every good football school gets cream puff games, sorry UGA is actually playing a good OOC school this year (for once...). Edited by WakaFlocka

• Moderators

What's your point...? Georgia plays North Texas and App State this year, too, hardly power house teams.Every good football school gets cream puff games, sorry UGA is actually playing a good OOC school this year (for once...).

UGA has played some top 10 teams in recent years OOC like Boise State (then ranked #5) and Oklahoma State (then ranked #9). It has been about every other year for a stud OOC team. Georgia Tech's football team won their Division in 2008, was the ACC Champ in 2009 and was runner-up again in the championship game in 2012 so they should count for something unless you are one of those people who don't think the ACC plays real football.

This year that team OOC is Clemson and I couldn't be happier about reviving that rivalry even though it hurts both teams' chances at a championship this year. (I don't think an NCAA championship is very realistic for this UGA team anyway but I'll be rooting for it.)