• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cunningham

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

I watched him the summer league. He is a smooth shooter and has some handles and quickness. I hope he makes the rosterWe keep talking about the 2 guard, I say give him a shot

Edited by Vol4ever

I don't know about that assessment on his jumper, he had some bricks that would make Smoove cringe.Besides that, he has the most "giddy up" in his game next to Teague so perhaps he'll thrive as a slasher and his athleticism should allow him to be our best defensive presence at guard.

Bums with hops break into notoriety by way of the Dunk Contest. He authors a few posters in garbage time and he'll be there. Afterwards, they think "people know who I am now, I have to become a decent player" a la Derozan. He's not a 3 or D guy right now, so I cant see him bringing anything to the table this year in meaningful minutes. His slashing is something for the staff to work with next season with a year under their belts and a better understanding of our chemistry. By then I would hope we have a True Two-Way 2 Starter to bump him off the roster, though.

Edited by benhillboy

Seems like a lesser version of Gerald Green. He's got some major hops and some flashy skills and streaky shooting that will make some highlights but not as good as Gerald who's barely an NBA player at this point.

I say keep him around the end of the roster with a chance in scrub minutes to prove himself until a more valuable roster player takes his spot.

We should at least give him a chance... I think Budenholzer can make sumthin' worthwhile outta him.

After a certain point, you gotta ask just exactly how much time does Bud have to spend making somethin's out of our roster of players. It seems that every player has been mentioned as someone whose game will be raised by the new coach, and I think we are going to really have to temper our expectations. I'm sure he's a great guy, but he's a first time head coach who's being lifted as a miracle worker. End of the bench scrubs will be scrubs. Let's just hope we aren't ever in a position where we have to rely on Cunningham to supply anything meaningful to this team.