• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who are these new Hawks?

Gray Mule

For the first time in many years our Hawk roster doesn't have that familiar

look about it. We see some very familiar names there. Teague, Korver,

Horford, Williams, Scott and Jenkins.

Now, who are these other guys? Some we are familiar with, but not in a

Hawk uniform. Example: Elton Brand. Then we have some other big men

who are from overseas. Ditto our newly drafted PG.

We wanted Superman and CP3. Instead, when they refused to come here,

we got Dennis the Menance and those two big, mean looking guys. They probably

will not be a good as Superman but they do have six fouls to give (each) and with

Dennis and Jeff we have enough speed / quickness to be a real pain to our opponents

and they have those same 12 fouls.

From what we've read and from what records avilable, these new guys seem to be

able to hit a reasonable % of their foul shots. Maybe our new bigs aren't big enough

and maybe our mall men are just too slow - - Then again, maybe they are big enough

and fast enough.

From what I've read, I could not make myself believe that these new guys will be easily

pushed around and run over inside. Can they rebound? We will find out, won't we.

So many questions and many of them we can't answer until we see our new Hawks on

the floor in the regular season against real, NBA competition. Until then, we make an

guess and hope we're right.

No one can really know - - But, what do you think?

we'll have to wait and see how they play together.

The consensus is that we are probably missing at least one difference maker, but that with team play we should have a comparable team to last year in terms of wins, maybe a bit worse. We have cap room and a draft pick for next year that we may use to upgrade our talent level via a trade. some people are considerably more down on some players, and a few of the moderators think that this will be a "lunchpail" team.

My guess would be that we have more of a finesse team that is going to have trouble defending and that we need a defensive wing to take the team to the next level. In any case, I like this team and think that they will play hard and smart.

• Moderators

I posted in another thread but I'll say it again: Teague, Lou, Korver, Carroll, Milsap, Horford, Brand. These are seven guys who have already proven themselves in the NBA and aren't going to get pushed around easily. We need another 2 guard but 7 quality nba rotation players including 2 all stars is a good start. Our new bigs have some experience and Dennis, Jenkins, and Scott have all shown promise. On top of that I don't see where you can look at this team and think they are worse than last year. Smoove was good but so is Milsap. At almost every other position we've upgraded.

Slow around here lately. When does training camp start?

I don't really know. It's about 3 weeks before the first regular season

and that's the night before Halloween.

Therefore, I'm guessing it starts in about 3 more weeks - early to mid October.

1st game is around October 7th, so it's not long!

Edited by Gray Mule

I don't really know. It's about 3 weeks before the first regular season

and that's the night before Halloween.

Therefore, I'm guessing it starts in about 3 more weeks - early to mid October.

1st game is around October 7th, so it's not long!

Training camp probably starts mid Sept.

I wish the Hawks could win at least one division title this decade... Smh, this season will mark a 20 year anniversary. Just ridiculous.

You mean like the Braves? smh. Do you even get recognized for winning your division in the NBA? Conference title would be nice. But division title?

You mean like the Braves? smh. Do you even get recognized for winning your division in the NBA? Conference title would be nice. But division title?

Braves have won a ton of division titles and actually have a championship, we have like 4 since being in Atlanta and no where near a championship... ECF titles would be nice but divisions are the first step...

I'll add that I think people forget how versatile and efficient Lou is on the offensive end and I think people will be surprised how effective Milsap and Horford will be together.

i am hoping he has recovered fully from his injury...we need him bad :)

Go Hawks!