NBA 2K underrates Hawks... Namely Horford

ATLscrubLove

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/09/27/even-nba-2k14-underrates-atlanta-hawks-big-man-al-horford/

Coming into the 2012-2013 NBA season, the Atlanta Hawks didn’t fully know what to expect from Al Horford. In the previous season, Horford played in only 11 games, missing the majority of the season due to a shoulder injury. When Horford got on the floor last season, though, the Hawks realized quickly they had nothing to worry about.

The 27-year-old submitted the best season of his career last year. In 74 games he averaged a phenomenal 17.4 points, 10.2 rebounds, 3.2 assists, 1.1 blocks and 1.1 steals in 37.2 minutes per gamePosted Image while shooting 54.3 percent from the floor. He was unquestionably the most reliablePosted Image player for Atlanta on both ends of the floor.

The developersPosted Image of the upcoming NBA 2K14 don’t seem to recognize the valuePosted Image or the talent of Horford, though. As Operation Sports released a video showing the player ratings for the game, we found out that Horford is rated at just an 82. He’s still the highest-rated player on the Hawks, as he should be, but he’s not getting the respect in his all-around game that he deserves.

For starters, Horford’s inside offense is rated at just a B. He may not be an A+, but I feel like a player with Horford’s array of post-moves and a player that shot 70.3 percent from inside of five feet last season like Horford did deserves a much better rating than just a B in that department.

Moreover, Horford’s interior defense and rebounding are graded at just a B+. In this case, it’s not as poor of a rating as his inside offense grade, but it still feels a bit off. Horford was incredibly effective on defense for AtlantaPosted Image last season, with the Hawks playing 1.3 points per 100 possessions better defensively with Horford on the floor. More than that, his rebounding was a key factor in how the Hawks ran their show last season.

There are quite a few ratings in NBA 2K14 that are bit puzzling. Though Horford’s is one of them, this is also somewhat of a trend with Horford. Outside of Hawks bloggers/writers and wise people who watch basketballPosted Image, Horford often goes underappreciated for what he does. The developers at 2K SportsPosted Image seem to fall in that category of people who don’t recognize his talent.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/09/27/even-nba-2k14-underrates-atlanta-hawks-big-man-al-horford/?lz42qr2XJlx1DsQh.99

The ratings are going to be "dynamic" this year so if he plays like he usually does his rating will go up rather quick. I think 2k wanted to under rate guys instead of overrating them so it would look better to see ratings increase instead of decrease. That way they avoid fans freaking out when players aren't playing very well.

• Like 2

2K's rating are always terrible every year, they dont scale each player equally. I always use Rashidi's ratings which are available to download on Xbox Live. His ratings are stats based on per36 stats. He does more updates on players than 2k does. Inefficient players with high usage are actually penalized for being inefficient.

check out his blog, he goes pretty in depth with his ratings and can back up the reason for all attributes. He uses Synergy to analyze tendencies also so the game play is more realistic and SIM style.

check it out here

http://thereal2kinsider.blogspot.com/

• Like 1

Al averaged a true double double last year. I bet if you had time to look he is the lowest rated double double player

He's not, Asik 70, Vucevic 75, JJ Hickson 77, David Lee 81

• Like 1

Al does not get his due. He was 12th in rebounding last season and of the top 20 re-bounders in the league, he was 4th in scoring. If you want to dig down to the top 25 in rebounding in the league, he was 7th in ppg.

Fans in general love the Manimal. I will take Al's overall game all day long over Faried's 11.5, 9.2, and 1.0. Hell, given their career development, I will take Al over Aldridge right now.

Biggest issue with 2K is that for barely half of only one season in the last 4 years did they recognize that Al can hit the midrange jumper at a pretty good clip. I don't know about 2K14 (but I'll hazzard a guess seeing as how lazy they've been by just spitting out last year's version again perhaps because all of their real effort is going into next gen....not likely though) but they consistently rank him as only a 80 on midrange jumpers without even the Spot Up Shooter sig skill to accomodate for that snub. Took forever to even update his player model too.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Finally had a chance to start my Hawks franchise. As usual a random coach was much better than what we have so fired Bud and put Teague up on the trading block and what's this? 76ers offering me their unprotected 2014 first rounder with my imported draft with all the real guys coming out this year? Yes, please! Now I get to start Dennis and still have one of the studs coming my way hopefully