• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

where's dickau

shoutime72

where in the world is dan "the man" dickau? just because he is a young player doesn't mean that he isn't any good. stotts should put him in the game more often. everybody is talking about JT and JV what about DD? why isn't he getting any more playing time? i think that he would be an excellent point guard if only he could get a chance to play. what do you think? holla at ya boy.

No, Dickau can't beat out Vaughn for that backup job because he hasn't and probably won't be given a chance to do so. Stotts has never been a Dickau fan, probably because he was injured when Stotts took over and he wasn't in his initial plan. Dickau will never get a shot as long as Stotts is the coach and Vaughn is here, because Stotts thinks that JV is the reason we occasionally play well. It's not that we do well when JV is in, it's that JT isn't at the point. DD could play just as well as JV at the point, and probably would. Vaughn's stats this year are no better than Dickau's last year (per 48 minutes), and Vaughn is playing with starters, not the 2nd and 3rd stringers that Dan was in with.

JTFan,

No it wasn't an insult. Saying Terry can't run the point isn't an insult. There are plenty of GREAT players that can run the point, Terry is among that crew.

Thus, at PG, yes I would rather have Dickau. The unfortunate thing is Dickau/Terry would be awful.

But, at the PG spot, there is no comparison ... a benchwarmer is a better PG then Terry.

I mean, really. I think Terry is a terrific scorer and would be an awesome SG, but as a PG he's terrible.

I love Reef, but I'd rather Dickau at PG then Reef. It's just about players being IN POSITION.

Play.

well whether any of you think he's good or not isn't the point. the point really is that he doesn't have the chance to show it. Now keep in mind we aren't blowing people out of the water so it is a bit of a risk to get him some playing time so he can get some experience but I do feel that we need to try to get him in the game a lot more so he can get the experience needed.

I don't beleive in the "he's too slow" critique because there are many many players who aren't breaking people's ankles but still doing just fine in the NBA.. As a point guard he needs to really get experience with setting up plays and feeling his teammates tendencies and get his shot down. Defensively he just needs to put effort to get better at that.

Basically we need to try to squeeze some playing time in for him just as long as it doesn't cost us ball games until he gets more solid.

Glad to have sparked all of this. Doc, you're right. There are plenty of players that aren't blazing by anyone. He's as good as most point guards out there. Stotts just doesn't want to admit it.

P.S. Looks like JTFan is feeling a little threatened... Just because your guy's losing PT to his backup doesn't mean you should be trying to bring down other players! Oh, and I can see the comback already... yeah, I already realize Dan has no PT now. I said it for you.

enough to be a top flight NBA PG. He see's the court well and he has a nice stroke but he looks like he is in slow motion out there, both on offense and defense. I think if he played more he MIGHT be a decent backup but his weaknesses might get exposed more as well. I like Dan and I hope I'm wrong and he turns out to be a good NBA player but right now, JV is CLEARLY the better player.

• Moderators

Why give Dickau minutes in the hopes that with experience he may be as good as Vaughn. Vaughn is already as good as Vaughn. It was a mistake to cut Vaughn last year and then draft Dickau. You just replaced an experienced backup small point with an inexperienced backup small point.

Why not give Diaw time at PG. At least he creates matchup problems for the other team.