• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks vs. Miami Heat Preseason Opener 7:30 EST Game Thread

ATLHawks3

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Good Lord, the FIRST preseason game, the FIRST game head-coached by Bud, the FIRST time our guys have ever officially played together, with a brand new system, we shot 1-for-alottamisses, and we STILL nearly came back and beat the 2-time defending champs in their own building using their old system that won the last 2 titles. While out-rebounding them. DOOM! GLOOM! Y'all crack me up.......

Naw man, the sports season ended last night for every Atlanta team.

• Like 1

We shot so poorly because we couldn't get the ball inside on a bribe.

Carroll, Scott, Millsap, and Horford went 21 for 37. The rest of our team went 11 for 38. The Heat scored 36 points off of threes, we scored 12. Both teams took similar amount of shots, they made theirs count.

Edited by Buzzard

Carroll, Scott, Millsap, and Horford went 21 for 37. The rest of our team went 11 for 38. The Heat scored 36 points off of threes, we scored 12. Both teams took similar amount of shots, they made theirs count.

One less miss from KK and Antić and we win the game. Yeah, we're awful. Not directed at you, Buzzard ;)

Edited by hazer

One less miss from KK and Antić and we win the game. Yeah, we're awful. Not directed at you, Buzzard Posted Image

I know man. We agree and its doom and gloom already for some posters. I think we showed promise with our balanced front line scoring and rebounding. Our outside shots just need to fall.

Edited by Buzzard

Both coaches said there was no game planning for either team - just working on their own stuff. Our floor spacing and ball movement was good which lead to a lot of WIDE open looks on 3's that didn't fall.That stat should improve.