• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks vs. Miami Heat Preseason Opener 7:30 EST Game Thread

ATLHawks3

4/23 from 3 point ...not good. KK 1-5, no worries here. Carroll 0-3 - do we really want him shooting 3's, Antić 1-6......mmmm, should he be taking that many 3's? If that is what he does then he better be hitting at leat 40%. I will give him a pass: 1st NBA games against the champs.

Al had 9 rebounds, Millsap only 3?

James Johnson was active and getting in paint - I like what I saw from him for the most part. If only Jared Cunningham could shoot, he would be the perfect SG.

Any update on Gustavo bicep?

ejfqjkqgjhsagsgsfagsfahg6ljsfahglksajlk6djg;l6ksjdlf;kjsa

Braves..................................................................................

......................................................................................

............................................................................................

Falcons...........................................

Hawks.. eh. I didn't like the way I saw the team set up tonight, but obviously it is only the first preseason game. Not a huge fan of any of the new additions after tonight. Good thing they have another month to impress.

BUT HGSA6JKHGLJKHSFAGLJKHSFA6LJK

HGLKJ6ASHLKJGHSALK6JHKLJBHASF

6LKJHGSA6LJKHGLKJ6ASFHLKJG6AHSA

L6JKHSLKJSHGLJKGSHSGA6LDKJHGSDLKJS

6HDAKLJGSHLKJ6SGADHGSDA6LKJHSGDAL6KJGD. Braves. Every year.

Edited by Colin
  • Like 3

Sad Carpenter was even in the game for the Braves. I don't even watch the Falcons. The Hawks are what they are until they make a trade. I simply do not like the idea of Milsap and Horford playing together.

We looked like a deer in headlights for most of the night. While Al wasn't amazing tonight he had no chance to get in rhythm with early fouls and then a string of terrible passes form team-mates. Here's a few notes on the game.

- I see Demarre as a very solid pick up

- passing was terrible for the most part

- some nice ball movement at times for some easy layups

- Teague had a bad game, didn't show much poise

- Schröder while still not doing very much (and not finishing around the rim) definitely has the tools

- milsap took a while to get going but showed nice control around the rim

- Mike Scott deserves to make the team and get some minutes

- James Johnson might be OK too. He showed some aggressiveness and skill

- Antić looked questionable, retreating to the 3pt line too often and a touch slow

- real shame we didn't even get to see what Ayón has, hopefully the injury is minor.

Pretty lethargic game from the Hawks though it's pre-season against the world champs so nothing to take from it.

We can only improve from here.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I expected the Hawks to struggle against the Heat's defense. Something that did stand out was that we look even smaller than we were last year. Antić is yet another big guy who plays like he's 6'4 and now Ayón is out with an injury. We are REALLY going to struggle inside.

Now that the Braves season is over, and the Falcons can not win a game to save their lives.....

LETS GO HAWKS!

Looks like they are out best opportunity for a championship.. HAHA

• Like 2

I didn't watch the game, but considering how poorly we shot and it was our first preseason game, I'm not so upset over a close loss to the defending back to back champs.

We trailed by more than 20 pts almost the entire game. We only started catching up at all when the Heat put out their training camp guys. I'm with you in that it's not the end of the world, but it was really shocking how much work our Hawks are going to have to put in to be any good.

We trailed by more than 20 pts almost the entire game. We only started catching up at all when the Heat put out their training camp guys. I'm with you in that it's not the end of the world, but it was really shocking how much work our Hawks are going to have to put in to be any good.

Its just preseason. We shot 17.4% from the 3pt line; they shot 46.2! Needless to say but I will anyway, that stat will improve for us and no team shoots 46% from downtown every night.

The thing that showed promise last night was we out rebounded the Heat on both the offensive and defensive glass.

Edited by Buzzard

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Good Lord, the FIRST preseason game, the FIRST game head-coached by Bud, the FIRST time our guys have ever officially played together, with a brand new system, we shot 1-for-alottamisses, and we STILL nearly came back and beat the 2-time defending champs in their own building using their old system that won the last 2 titles. While out-rebounding them. DOOM! GLOOM! Y'all crack me up.......