• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SEC Carnage Saturday

WraithSentinel

All I can say is wow after seeing the end result on Saturday. There are no elite teams in the SEC outside of Alabama and maybe Mizzou(not sold on them yet). There is parody throughout the Conference now. Whoever come out of the East will likely be a tune-up game for Alabama for the Natl Title game.

All I can say is wow after seeing the end result on Saturday. There are no elite teams in the SEC outside of Alabama and maybe Mizzou(not sold on them yet). There is parody throughout the Conference now. Whoever come out of the East will likely be a tune-up game for Alabama for the Natl Title game.

Mizzou has no defense and lost their starting QB in the UGA game. They'll fall eventually, but they are a good team. The reality is just about every team in the SEC is a damn good team and play each other unlike the PAC10 who have about 3 teams who could hold their own against SEC competition. I think that Alabama can be beaten, but A&M were the only ones I felt confident about being able to. Mizzou could if Franklin didn't get hurt, but that's out of the question.

The QB out there for Missouri today looked pretty damn good that's for sure! I'm curious to see if they'll leap over Miami since we barely squeaked by the team who always give us trouble in their building North Carolina. Gonna be some big changes in the top 10 for sure though.

UGA is much better than their record shows, way to many injuries this year.

Injuries are a part of the game. Most top programs recruit deep enough to have guys waiting who can fill the void. The real problem with UGA has been their lack of defense. Their record is an accurate reflection of their capability which isn't terrible. They are probably still a top 20-25 team whether they are healthy or not.

I think it was obvious going into the season that the offense was going to have to carry the defense most of the year so I'm not looking at them as the problem, it's the injuries. If you can how me another top program dealing with the injuries that UGA is then ill accept what you're saying....but truth is absolutely nobody else lost their top 2 running backs, one of which could have been a heisman candidate, and 3 of your top 4 receivers. Injuries ruined this season, not the defense.

UGA scored nearly 30 points in every game they lost and injuries on offense are the problem ? I don't think so. They've dropped 40+ points in several games this season. UGA can still score without those guys, but they can't stop anyone.

• Like 1

They were putting up 40 when healthy....and that's what they Gould have been doing returning so many starters on that side of the ball. The last 2 games they've put up under 30 which is when all the injuries hit...what exactly are you talking about? Everything that u were just trying to say further proves my point, before they were injured they were lighting people up. Let me say again that I didn't think much of the defense before the year started so I wasn't expecting much out of them, the offense was going to have to carry this team but now they're unable to do that bc of injuries.

Injuries aren't the reason Mizz dropped 41 or Clemson dropped 38. You guys probably would have beaten Vandy with a fully healthy team, but yall season was ruined when you lost the opener to Clemson. So no, injuries is an excuse. Its like the Falcons. The injuries are a problem, but the real reason we are 2-4 is that we can't get a stop when we needed one.

No the offense isn't the problem...the injuries to the offense is the problem. They were already weak on the defensive side of the ball going into the season but the offense was stacked with good to great returning skill players which is why they were ranked in the top 10 to begin the season. When those skill players started getting hurt things changed. Running game has been inconsistent and guys just can't get separation on their routes. If you seriously think that having gurley, Marshall, Scott Wesley, Bennett, and Mitchell out doesn't have a major effect on what happens on the field with this team then ok, not much I can say back to that.

No the offense isn't the problem...the injuries to the offense is the problem. They were already weak on the defensive side of the ball going into the season but the offense was stacked with good to great returning skill players which is why they were ranked in the top 10 to begin the season. When those skill players started getting hurt things changed. Running game has been inconsistent and guys just can't get separation on their routes. If you seriously think that having gurley, Marshall, Scott Wesley, Bennett, and Mitchell out doesn't have a major effect on what happens on the field with this team then ok, not much I can say back to that.

Things changed ? UGA had already lost their first game before most of those injuries happened. They lost because they let Clemson score 38 points on them. They are losing because they can't keep teams from scoring 30 points or better. Their season was practically ruined from that point on. Injuries were just icing on the cake. Do I think yall could have beaten Mizz fully healthy ? Maybe, its 50/50. Because they are both teams with explosive offense and turnstile defense. Eventually, you would have faced a team that you can't just outscore, then what ?

• Moderators

Talk about splitting hairs here.

UGA went from a stud offense and weak defense to an average offense and weak defense with the injuries. The injuries dropped them from a 6-15 sort of team to a 30-45 sort of team. The weak defense kept them from being a top 5 team at the start of the year.

UGA has enough talent but so many holes that it would not surprise me to see them win or lose any game remaining on the schedule. They are now a coin flip team instead of a team that is one of the best in the country.

(BTW - losing on the road to Clemson is what you expect to happen when you have two comparable teams facing each other; the home team is expected to win by a handful of points.)

Talk about splitting hairs here. UGA went from a stud offense and weak defense to an average offense and weak defense with the injuries. The injuries dropped them from a 6-15 sort of team to a 30-45 sort of team. The weak defense kept them from being a top 5 team at the start of the year. UGA has enough talent but so many holes that it would not surprise me to see them win or lose any game remaining on the schedule. They are now a coin flip team instead of a team that is one of the best in the country. (BTW - losing on the road to Clemson is what you expect to happen when you have two comparable teams facing each other; the home team is expected to win by a handful of points.)

I just don't like the idea that injuries ruined UGAs season. Its a copout in my mind because it implies that they are losing for reasons that are out of their control. Yes, UGA was at a disadvantage playing in one of the louder tougher stadiums at Clemson. However, if you want to be a bcs contender you have to win those games on the road ( FSU)

• Moderators

I just don't like the idea that injuries ruined UGAs season. Its a copout in my mind because it implies that they are losing for reasons that are out of their control. Yes, UGA was at a disadvantage playing in one of the louder tougher stadiums at Clemson. However, if you want to be a bcs contender you have to win those games on the road ( FSU)

UGA was never a BCS contender like Alabama. They were always a team that could have been in contention with a loss or two.

Injuries wrecked the chance that they could make it to the SEC championship game with a loss and have a shot at playing for a title.

UGA's best case scenario was like the New England Patriots or Green Bay Packers of recent years. Stud offenses and questionable defenses that won lots of games. The best offensive player for UGA was Gurley. Take him away along with Marshall and most of the good WR's and that just guts the team. Losing one of those guys for the season and others for a few weeks is an expected course of play. Losing multiple guys for the season and other guys for extended periods all at the same time is more than almost any team can take and sustain itself.

UGA's most likely outcome for this season was always 2-3 losses with the possibility of a 1 loss season if everything broke right and the downside of a 4 loss season if they underachieved. It is the injuries that have opened the door to a 5+ loss season.

That is why I wasn't sold on Mizzou just yet. Great comeback by SC though. Mizzou might want to get a new place holder before next game.

Good team and definitely hurt by missing their starting QB, but they dropped a 10 point lead when it mattered. It was a good game. Much better than the horrible 2nd half UCLA put up.