• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Avery Johnson on Hawks

What to expect from the Hawks' new coaching staff: When Pop (Spurs' Gregg Popovich) took over, he went defense first and then slowly changed the offense. What you'll see is a more free-flowing offense, more continuity on that end.

It'll take time -- the Spurs didn't become the Spurs overnight. They're changing a culture over there and it takes time.

On the Hawks:

Horford is a consistent player and if they can get 18 points, 10 rebounds and have him defend the middle, they'll be good. Kyle Korver really stretches the floor and Paul Millsap is a hard working man and, while he's not Josh Smith, he's veteran guy who'll help the team.

Jeff Teague is someone who's been averaging a double-double and playing good ball -- anytime someone in the league averages over nine assists a game, he's playing high level ball.

There's a lot of talent on this team, and they can easily be a six or seven seed in the playoffs.

Josh Smith:

Josh was a big part of the Hawks and I think Josh was a bit under-appreciated in Atlanta. You've got a crowd shouting "Noooooooo" every time he shoots the ball, and that's not right. There were a number of seasons where he was playing good enough to be an All-Star.

The change of scenery will do him good, but I think he was under-appreciated there.

What to expect from the game Wednesday night:

It's going to be a great game -- I'm sure the microscope will be on the Knicks, their injury situation and there's always going to be folks who are talking about Carmelo's potential free agency.

(I told him I would let folks know that he, Doris Burke and Jalen Rose would be kicking off ESPN's double-header coverage with Oklahoma City Thunder playing the Los Angeles Clippers in the late game, but only if he promised that it won't be all Knicks, all night during the studio show.)

(Laughs) Oh no, I have some stuff on the Hawks, too. Look, anytime there is drama with another team, it's going to get a lot of attention, but we'll discuss what Coach Bud is doing there in Atlanta, how well Teague is playing and that Danny (Hawks GM Danny Ferry) was right in matching that offer sheet.

It'll take time to get all this new stuff together. NY made us look bad tonight.

They rained 3's on us and we couldn't get one to fall at all. It's not always

going to be like that.

Josh is now being under appreciated in Detroit and we have Millsaps. I wouldn't

want to trade, would you?

• Like 2

• Premium Member

On the Hawks:

Paul Millsap is a hard working man and, while he's not Josh Smith, he's veteran guy who'll help the team.

Josh Smith:

Josh was a big part of the Hawks and I think Josh was a bit under-appreciated in Atlanta. You've got a crowd shouting "Noooooooo" every time he shoots the ball, and that's not right. There were a number of seasons where he was playing good enough to be an All-Star.

The change of scenery will do him good, but I think he was under-appreciated there.

Thank God he isn't Josh Smith which is the primary reason we signed him Fool! And before you Disrespect Milsap again with some lame adequate replacement for the great Josh Smith statement, You may want to take a gander at Smith's efficiency ratings this year!

• Like 2

Thank God he isn't Josh Smith which is the primary reason we signed him Fool! And before you Disrespect Milsap again with some lame adequate replacement for the great Josh Smith statement, You may want to take a gander at Smith's efficiency ratings this year!

Paul Millcrap had 6 rebounds and like 6 points tonight. He is no big prize.

He played great against the worthless Kings. Bravo!

He did suck against the Bobcats also. This guys can be productive a times, but he should be a 6th man.

Productive at times? Over the last three years, he's averaged over 15 points and 8 rebounds a game. The dude is 28, in his prime, and he cam here for peanuts. I disagree with the 6th man label. There's not too many teams Sap' wouldn't be a starter on.

Edited by buckeye242424
  • Like 3

Productive at times? Over the last three years, he's averaged over 15 points and 8 rebounds a game. The dude is 28, in his prime, and he cam here for peanuts. I disagree with the 6th man label. There's not too many teams Sap' wouldn't be a starter on.

If we had a legit center it wouldn't be a problem... But last nights effort on the boards was terrible,

Edited by Hotlanta1981