• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Hawks Quickfix!

Diesel

• Premium Member

1. Fire Stotts, Hire Doc.

This has nothing to do with Stotts... But more to do with future. Doc is already a better coach that Stotts and that will probably continue.

2. Trade Theo/Dickau for Jamison.

This move brings in another scoring option. It also brings in a decent rebounding SF.

3. Bring in a brusier at BU C... I say Oyediji.

4. Play JV a little more. WIth 3 bonafide scorers, we don't need that much scoring from the PG position but actually more distribution. JV can do that. In Orlando, Doc needed a PG who could shoot the outside shot (Darryl Armstrong). That's a big part of the reason why they are failing now. Tmac becomes a Jumpshooting SG if he doesn't have an open lane. Here, we have a totally different team. Jackson and Jamison can shoot from outside. Reef and Nazr can play inside.

Dallas gets defense, plus, they have rebirth employee #8. So they probably wouldn't mind trading Jamison.

The only thing that can be done is to blow this team up and attempt to do what Orlando did in 1999. Field a team with guys who are going to hustle and bust their rears because they want a job. Get a lot of draft picks and salary cap room in the process. Build the team with those draft picks and use the salary cap room wisely.

Jamison is a player with no position. He's not good enough from the perimeter to play the three effectively.

All you do if you put those two together is put two players whose offensive games are post oriented together.

Eric Musselman was jumping for joy the day Golden State dumped Jamison's bloated contract.

If this team continues to play like it is playing for about 20 more games........It is time to put everyone up for sale and rebuild again under this new ownership group.

Kasten and Babcock and gone and it is time to try the new guys out and let them make personnel decisions.

Get rid of Stotts and hire Doc Rivers and trade for young players and draft picks. Lets get young and athletic again and try this thing again.

I am giving them 20 more games before I make a final decision.

• Premium Member

So would you not put Toni with SAR??

Toni is also a tweener. However, if we had a healthy Toni (as much of a tweener as he may have been) we would have won the east last year.

Too many of you have run off with a definition without looking what a player brings to the team. Reef brings us scoring and rebounding. Jamison would bring us scoring and rebounding as well. One of the main losses in losing big Dog was losing his rebounding and scoring.

Some of you (KB, addition by Subtraction) were certain that someone would pick up the rebounding loss in dog. You said that Dog got Easy rebounds or whatever... However, here it is into the season and our main problem is that We can keep teams off the offensive board. Namely because Theo is a non rebounding C and Jackson was only pulling down 3.6 rpg last year. So we have replaced [censored] near 8 rebounds with not even 4. Rebounds means Tempo. It's hard to set the tempo when you don't get the ball.

Secondly, Jamison's scoring could be key. Again, I love Glover but there are somethings that Glover can't do. One of them is shooting from outside. While Jamison is not a great outside shooter, the fact that he can score especially in the midrange means that he takes the pressure off Reef. What that will really do is free up JT and Jackson to be better shooters. However, if Jackson, JT, and Glover are all outside chucking threes.. and Reef is the only inside scoring threat, defense is easy for other teams. They clog the middle, make us beat them from outside. Like I said before, we live and die by the three... This is why. Blue print wise, we have no other scoring inside but Reef. However, Jamison would change that. They would feed off one another.

Toni was a much better outside shooter, passer and ball handler than Jamison so, yes, he is a much better fit with Reef. Jamisons contract is a big limiter in terms of his value. Reef may not be a max player but at least his deal is only two more years. Jamison's deal, as other have mentioned, would hamstring the Hawk's for years to come.

• Premium Member

The styles could feed off of one another.

About Jamison's contract.

Jamison wouldn't hamstring us for years.

Have you forgotten, in 2 years, Reef, Hendu, CC comes off the books (28million). The year after JT comes off.

That's not a hamstrung position. In fact, I believe if we have the player here of Jamison's capability, it will provide us with a strong bargaining cheap to bring Reef back cheaper. Reef knows or will know he's overpaid. We might can get him back for 4 yrs 48 million. With no one else here... imagine.

JT is the only player left... with Dickau, Diaw, and whoever else we draft this year... Reef can ask for the House... Because No free agents will readily choose Atlanta.

Jamison and Reef would feed off one another. Synergy.

I think they could win together. They would need a Powerful C, however, put them together! "

With all due respect, you said the same thing about Dog

and Reef and look how that turned out. They actually have

alot of in common...They score in different ways alittle

bit, but they are both soft, both play no defense, both

are turnover prone, both force shots when attention is

drawn to them, both are unathletic, both are slow, both

are undersized, both play without passion.

Teams like Cleveland and Denver are teams of the

future......That is the road the hawks need to go on.

The heck with overpaid and passionless players like

Reef and Jamison. I'm sick of seeing players like them.

I'd rather have Ricky Davis than either of those guys.

Atleast he wants to be the guy.

Hots,

I am starting to believe that Dog would have been alright for this team.

I think the real issue starts and begins with our organization and coaches.

JT is not a PG. They put him there, and he can't do it. It ruins HIS game and ruins the game of those around him. I think JT is the link that either makes or breaks this team.

If you look at Utah, they aren't this hustling, crazy, mad team... they play a smart, controlled game. SMART. CONTROLLED. That is why they are doing well.

Putting JT at PG hurts him and the team. The coach keeps putting him there, and it is killing us.

JT is easily the best shooter on this team. He can score with the best of them... put him in position to do that for us. So what if he can't gaurd properly -- he's costing us games playing PG, so pick your poison.

Play.