• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Wizards

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

So can we have Schröder picking up some exp-points again? Trade him if you dont play him. This dude needs to get out there to learn and remain confident.

Everyone was hollering for him to be on the roster, now you want to trade him? Good grief the kid is 20 yrs old and is not ready yet. You hold on to him and let him learn. He is not going to be a star, I think he will be a good player one day.

So can we have Schröder picking up some exp-points again? Trade him if you dont play him. This dude needs to get out there to learn and remain confident.

That's life for a talented yet raw rookie. He's probably got to start showing improvement in practice before he gets game time again. The problem is most teams don't get a lot of practice time during the season. I think if he weren't turning the ball over at such a high rate with a lot of them being very bad turnovers he'd probably get more PT, but coach Bud won't put up with turning it over so much.

• Premium Member

Completely agree with this. Dennis is the future and we need to give him minutes. We aren't built to contend so why NOT give the kid consistent minutes and a role and let him develop?

Completely agree with this. Dennis is the future and we need to give him minutes. We aren't built to contend so why NOT give the kid consistent minutes and a role and let him develop?

You can't play him when he's playing so poorly unless you want to tell the vets you aren't trying to win. We've also got a pretty decent and improving young PG in Mack that people are looking past but he could end up being a quality player and decent trade asset. He definitely needs to get minutes.
  • Like 1

but yet jt still has turnover problems so why not let dennis get some more pt

Huh? JT is 8.1 assists/3.33 turnovers per game. That's a 2.43 assist to turnover ratio. Reasonably good.

Schröder however is 2.5 assists/1.64 turnovers per gaime. That's a 1.52 assist to turnover ratio. Not so good.

However, if the plan is to tank, which I am beginning to come to terms with, then by all means play Schröder to expedite the losing.

I still think tanking will have questionable results, otherwise Charlotte, New Orleans, Sacramento, et al would all be title contenders by now. I guess I still have mixed emotions about tanking. If you think about it, tanking to gain a draft pick isn't that dissimilar to athletes throwing games on purpose, for gambling purposes. Only difference is who benefits. Both display a lack of character.

• Premium Member

You can't play him when he's playing so poorly unless you want to tell the vets you aren't trying to win. We've also got a pretty decent and improving young PG in Mack that people are looking past but he could end up being a quality player and decent trade asset. He definitely needs to get minutes.

The vets already know this team isn't built to win. Elton Brand can't even get off the bench now. The team needs to build around the young players and Dennis needs more than DNP-CD to show for his rookie season. Teague's progression was delayed two years because of it. I do not want to see another point go the same way.

The vets already know this team isn't built to win. Elton Brand can't even get off the bench now. The team needs to build around the young players and Dennis needs more than DNP-CD to show for his rookie season. Teague's progression was delayed two years because of it. I do not want to see another point go the same way.

Schröder is just too raw and honestly wild right now with his play. He will get PT but it shouldn't be in critical moments or in games where we fall behind and are trying to catch up. Right now the worst we can do is force him into games with his poor play and risk his confidence. As to Brand he doesn't offer much and probably can't play many minutes so I don't mind him not playing a lot. This team may not he built to win but they're going to try and win games until the point when it appears the game is lost.And I want to say again we need to see what we've got in Mack and I'm loving what he's bringing this year.