• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Power Rankings: The West is just too deep

Hawksquawk

• Moderators

What really adds to the pile is that Miami will likely cruise to the Finals just because they are in the East unless Indy can take them out. Brooklyn (hope they keep losing though) and Chicago were suppose to give them problems in the East but that's not happening and New York... What can I say that hasn't already been said a million times about the Knicks. Wish Miami had to go through the Clips, Thunder, and Spurs to get to the Finals. Gawd, I hate Miami.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Hopefully we are done with this dumb schedule of 4 games in 5 nights crap. I can understand it have it one week but on back to back weeks? NBA got some scheduling problems there. I do believe that did factor in part of the Hawks struggles recently. Also Hawks just simply hit a wall.

Agreed. Plus Korver out and a lot of travel. We are going to be up and down with this squad as we aren't deep. Still there is fight in this team and if we can pull off a trade for a good 2 guard we have a chance to have a good season.

• Like 2

Agreed. Plus Korver out and a lot of travel. We are going to be up and down with this squad as we aren't deep. Still there is fight in this team and if we can pull off a trade for a good 2 guard we have a chance to have a good season.

I think we'd be better off trading for a good 2 way SF and keep Korver at the 2. I don't see that happening either though as I imagine Ferry will ride with what he's got and maybe look to make a small move by the deadline.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Hopefully we are done with this dumb schedule of 4 games in 5 nights crap. I can understand it have it one week but on back to back weeks? NBA got some scheduling problems there. I do believe that did factor in part of the Hawks struggles recently. Also Hawks just simply hit a wall.

It also showed how important Korver is to this team. He is our 3pt threat and he makes the offense work because he is so good without the ball. He is also our best FT shooter. What was really making this team work though was Al's defense which hasn't really been there cause we have been playing guys like Vucevic, Howard, and Wahington's duo of Nene and Gortat. Next three notable big men we will face: Tim Duncan, Deandre Jordan, and Andrew Bynum. And then we get Durant... lol We'll be moving down the rankings a bit after December.

Also, Teague has a lot of work ahead of him too... Next PG's Jeff will be working against - Tony Parker, Chris Paul, Kyrie Irving, Russell Westbrook, and John Wall. Poor, poor Jeffrey. lol

• Like 3

Ok - let's play the do over game. Knowing what you now know:Who would you have drafted this pass draft?What free agent (REALISTIC) would you have signed? That would have enabled us to have a better record than we have right now?

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Ok - let's play the do over game. Knowing what you now know:Who would you have drafted this pass draft?What free agent (REALISTIC) would you have signed? That would have enabled us to have a better record than we have right now?

As for as the draft, I probably would have went the same way except that I would have attempted a trade up for Jamaal Franklin and kept Bebe over here.As for free agency, I would have made some inquiries about the prices of Hawes/Turner from the Sixers, Afflalo from the Magic, Matthews from the Blazers or Hayward from the Jazz (even though some of these players are in their contract year, they would have come cheap, as far as trade value, and helped our team out). Otherwise, I think Ferry did the best with the cards dealt to him.