• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Heisman Trophy Time - voters are in a bind

DJlaysitup

Wow - even though our guy - Aaron Murray isn't a favorite - somebody HAS to win.

Let's think about this...the favorite - Jameis Winston from FSU - has had some pretty bad publicity lately. Accused of sexual assault...D.A. says not enough evidence to prosecute...one of J.W.'s alibi witnesses says he watched the potential victim give J.W. oral sex and she seemed motivated.

Forget the legal aspects of this situation...how can the New York Athletic Club maintain any kind of decency by giving the Heisman trophy to a Freshman QB who accepted such sex with other guy(s) watching?

The guy(s) who is/are apparently backing him up on it not being "forced" are basically saying that they were involved in the worst of behaviour...watching a guy get a blowjob? Maybe it's OK these days...maybe I'm just too old.

This is crazy stuff. Have we really gone THIS far down the road to hell to win college football games - to the point of making a mockery out of the student athlete?

The Florida police are implicated in covering it up...and the "young lady's" family will certainly be filing a civil lawsuit.

Add to that, Jameis Winston can barely make intelligible sentences in an interview.

What this says is talent alone gets you into college athletics and gets you a scholarship. Previous "bending" of the rules be damned...now...there are basically no rules.

This is gonna be one for the books.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Not really. Jameis Winston is the best player on the best team in the country. He's shown up in every big game I've seen. Also, Jameis Winston obviously did not rape that girl or he would've been charged last year. Everything you're saying is pure speculation. It would've been a close race of Mariota didn't lose to Stanford, but there's only one clear choice. He is the most outstanding football player in college.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/acc/2013/11/27/tallahassee-police-florida-state-jameis-winston-sex-battery-investigation-timeline/3770969/ I wonder why she waited until he was a Heisman hopeful to pursue charges. Where were her parents in all this ? If someone raped my daughter, I don't care if its the damn President. I'm going after him by any means legal or violent. I think she was setting herself up for a big civil suit.