• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawknado... oh man

Admin

• Moderators

This went beyond enjoyably, cheesily bad into just flat bad. I also was bothered by the disconnect of Hawks cheerleaders fighting against hawks. A miss by what is otherwise a mistake free PR department.

This went beyond enjoyably, cheesily bad into just flat bad. I also was bothered by the disconnect of Hawks cheerleaders fighting against hawks. A miss by what is otherwise a mistake free PR department.

Might I remind you of Cal Bowdler sending out emails rife with tampering?

But yeah, I was equally confused as to why the Hawks cheerleaders would be trying to kill Hawks? Wouldn't an appropriate Hawknado involve our team destroying the competition?

• Moderators

But yeah, I was equally confused as to why the Hawks cheerleaders would be trying to kill Hawks? Wouldn't an appropriate Hawknado involve our team destroying the competition?

I'm thinking there wasn't a lot of time spent on developing the concept....or script....or filming.

• Moderators

Maybe the green font would have helped? Posted Image

There isn't much that can fit in the same sentence as mistake free for the Hawks without there being some serious sarcasm.

Maybe the green font would have helped? Posted Image

There isn't much that can fit in the same sentence as mistake free for the Hawks without there being some serious sarcasm.

Well I walked right into that.

• Moderators

Im pretty sure this springs from the mind of a woman at the PR firm. Them and sports. Them and logic. Them and comming up with humor.

I wouldn't bet on that. All the "I never do anything that messes with my nails" sorts of jokes are pretty sexist so either there is a meta level of humor (with a female writing mocking this type of sexist dialogue from male writers) or it was more likely bad script writing from a man, IMO.

• Like 1

So far you guys have put more thought into the green font question and other aspects of this than was put into the video itself. My only question is whether is was actually shot in Cancun, or one of the beaches at Lake Lanier or Lake Allatoona..

Well duh, the AHF and hawksfanatic arguments that aren't arguments are the most interesting arguments we have on this site!And yeah it was filmed in Cancun. That is where the calendar photo shoot was this year. They run a special on it on sportsouth frequently. Edited by hawksfanatic