• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

C-Viv writes about Dennis Schröder....

You can get away with saying Jenkins has been horrible but that's unfair to Dennis. He's showed the ability to make nice passes and blow by other pg's and get to the basket. If you were expecting rookie of the year with Teague getting most of the time at PG then that's on you. Young pg's are rarely great right out of the box. The guy is averaging over 6 assists per 36. He clearly knows how to get the ball to his teammates. He's even shown that he might be a decent rebounding PG too.

There's plenty of stuff to show why some thought he had ROY talent he was just never going to get the minutes because young players make mistakes and we have a lot of quality guards to play with. His shot and his turnovers is what he needs to work on and that seems about right. With the turnovers it's not like he's getting ripped. It's decision making. He's not sure what he can get away with yet so it's a feeling out process and to be fair he's been handed some "turnovers" because his big men can't catch the ball. Remember he was running some pick and roll with Brand and Ayón early in the season and they weren't very good at handling passes.

How is that when Jenkins has dealt with an injury all year and has actually shown he can play in this league with a solid rookie campaign last year? Dennis has done nothing yet

• Like 1

I would trade him and Bebe for Valanciunas. The system is making Mack look like a decent player which shows you don't need some hyped up talent to win when you have a system. A good young big man is something you just can't find easily.

I guess I'm no where near the trade Dennis scenario at all. I'm not as down on Dennis either because I do think he has plenty of growth from an NBA standpoint and physical standpoint left. The good thing is that he can gain plenty of knowledge thanks to the two PGS playing in front of him. I didn't expect rookie of the year but I did think he'd get significant minutes. No one thought Mack would be doing what he's doing...At least I didn't! Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I would trade him and Bebe for Valanciunas. The system is making Mack look like a decent player which shows you don't need some hyped up talent to win when you have a system. A good young big man is something you just can't find easily.

Toronto wouldn't trade him for those two. Might as well suggest trading those two for Drummond.

• Premium Member

You can get away with saying Jenkins has been horrible but that's unfair to Dennis. He's showed the ability to make nice passes and blow by other pg's and get to the basket. If you were expecting rookie of the year with Teague getting most of the time at PG then that's on you. Young pg's are rarely great right out of the box. The guy is averaging over 6 assists per 36. He clearly knows how to get the ball to his teammates. He's even shown that he might be a decent rebounding PG too.

There's plenty of stuff to show why some thought he had ROY talent he was just never going to get the minutes because young players make mistakes and we have a lot of quality guards to play with. His shot and his turnovers is what he needs to work on and that seems about right. With the turnovers it's not like he's getting ripped. It's decision making. He's not sure what he can get away with yet so it's a feeling out process and to be fair he's been handed some "turnovers" because his big men can't catch the ball. Remember he was running some pick and roll with Brand and Ayón early in the season and they weren't very good at handling passes.

He's thrown some passes straight at the other team, he can't dribble the ball well in pressure and has no idea what to do when trapped, also his shot and shot selection are both as bad as you'll see from any guard in the NBA. Dennis was getting all of the primary backup PG minutes for the first couple of weeks before losing his spot in the rotation to Mack aka... a second round pick who was cut by the team that drafted him. Honestly, I'm not sure how anyone could not be disappointed by Dennis; not only has he not looked like a ROY candidate but he hasn't looked like an NBA caliber player for most of the time he has been on the floor. I'm not in the "let's give up and trade him" camp, but to say Dennis has matched my expectations would be far from the truth, and this is considering my expectations were a lot lower than most people (i figured he would be putting up the numbers Mack is putting up... a far cry from some of the predictions on this board who claimed he was ready to be our starter and that we should get rid of Teague). Do I still think he has potential? sure, but that doesn't change that his performance this year, sans the Horf injury, has been the greatest disappointment so far this season.