Hester?

benhillboy

I will put a bet out right now tht Hester has over 300 yards on offense this year.

That's less than 20 yards a game average and he's pretty much averaged that the last 2 years. That's hardly Sproles territory or worth banging the table for or worth getting excited about.

Trust me having watched Hester for a long time you'd be better off using Jacquizz in that role as he's far more natural.

I don't think he's anywhere near sproles...believe me lol...but I am saying that he can be used offensively. Quizz is a different kind of threat. Hester isn't going to be a big part of the offense but he will be used.

I don't think he's anywhere near sproles...believe me lol...but I am saying that he can be used offensively. Quizz is a different kind of threat. Hester isn't going to be a big part of the offense but he will be used.

That's a fair statement. I'd just be concerned about him taking the ball out of the hands of the real threats y'all have.

That's a fair statement. I'd just be concerned about him taking the ball out of the hands of the real threats y'all have.

I hope Dirk isn't that crazy to allow him to mess up the flow we already have going.

• 5 months later...

I thought he couldn't play receiver?

Didn't see the game. See box score says 1 catch for 25 yards. Surely you aren't standing on that as your basis for thinking he's a WR, right? 

I will admit watching Hard Knocks he looked better catching the ball than he has in the past and as always he's dynamic in space. But he's still not a WR. 

Didn't see the game. See box score says 1 catch for 25 yards. Surely you aren't standing on that as your basis for thinking he's a WR, right?

I will admit watching Hard Knocks he looked better catching the ball than he has in the past and as always he's dynamic in space. But he's still not a WR.

Week 1...had 100 yards in his first game with us. Looked damn good. The bears didn't use him properly on offense. They wanted him to be a go to guy and that's not who he is. Not to mention it's completely different catching balls from Matt than cutler. Cutler throws darts....Matt has great touch on his balls. Much easier to handle. He's already exceeded my expectations and it's just week 3. You weren't here week one so I just had to bring it up now lol

Week 1...had 100 yards in his first game with us. Looked damn good. The bears didn't use him properly on offense. They wanted him to be a go to guy and that's not who he is. Not to mention it's completely different catching balls from Matt than cutler. Cutler throws darts....Matt has great touch on his balls. Much easier to handle. He's already exceeded my expectations and it's just week 3. You weren't here week one so I just had to bring it up now lol

Hester couldn't catch passes from Grossman, McCown or Orton either though. Nor could he in college. He had a good showing in week 1 but don't go expecting that. Just looking at the stats he's come down a lot these past 2 games. I was impressed on Hard Knocks though as he looks like he's playing refreshed. 

I would have thought he would have put up huge numbers in the blowout last night but maybe he didn't play the whole game? 

Hester couldn't catch passes from Grossman, McCown or Orton either though. Nor could he in college. He had a good showing in week 1 but don't go expecting that. Just looking at the stats he's come down a lot these past 2 games. I was impressed on Hard Knocks though as he looks like he's playing refreshed.

I would have thought he would have put up huge numbers in the blowout last night but maybe he didn't play the whole game?

He didn't play whole game - mid 3rd ish. Edited by JayBirdHawk

He didn't play whole game - mid 3rd ish.

And only 1 catch. What did y'all have by then 50 points? 

#$*&ing Vincent Jackson had two catches for my fantasy team yesterday.  WRs are inconsistent by nature.

He'll be fine once they put the guy who should be starting back in there. McCown is a terrible fit for that offense. 

• Moderators

I questioned signing Hester in the offseason because I thought he was nothing but an over-the-hill kick returner in a league that rarely has kick returns anymore. Thanks for proving me wrong Hester. We have effectively replaced Tony G w/ Hester on offense. We have that Harvin/Sproiles rype guy now. He isn't the focus of the offense, but he's there when Matty Ice needs him. Defenses have enough problems covering Julio, Roddy, and HD, now you are asking them to watch for Hester too? Ha!

Another guy I've been impressed with is our full back DiMarco. He's a great run blocker and in the flat. Had two nice catches on the right side in that Tampa game.

Whoa whoa whoa...you didn't name one real QB in that list lol. Especially one on Matts level.

“I’ve got a quarterback now that ... he loves even the walk-ons,” Hester said, “and coaches that know how to get the ball to me; how to make plays for me. I’m excited for this season, man. This is only the beginning for our team. It’s a team that knows how to utilize their talent. Everybody’s making plays, and we’ve got a team that, if you’re good at running this route, we don’t care if you’ve been a starter for 12 years. If this guy is two years in the league and he’s good at this route, we’re gonna let him run this route.” That's what Hester said after the game, I think it's clear that things are different from Matt to Jay. And the tightness of our receiving group also makes a difference. Those guys don't care who makes the play, they take just as much pride blocking for each other as they do scoring a long TD. He's a weapon here and I'm happy as heck about it.