• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

WHOEVER IS GUARDING LUIS SCOLA.......

Bonkers

NEEDS TO STAY THE FUCC ON HIM!!!!

He's not moving. Just stay on him and don't let him get open shots. I think if we shut him down in Game 2 we woulda won that game

How hard is it to guard Scola....Seriously!

Reminds me of the infamous game where Osh Smith got roasted by Matt Boner

• Like 4

Crazy, right? Who knew the key to this freakin' series was guarding that guy. Without him they're down 3-0.

We also gotta hope Vogel doesn't give up on Hibbs (that's right I call him Mr. Hibbs). He looked like he was wavering at his postgame PC last night with that "Probably" comment when asked if Hibbs would start.

Stick to your guns Vogs. Ride wit' tha horse what brung ya.

Yea I hope he doesn't bench Him. But if he does he has to play him eventually. His backup can't play 48 mins

He's a great and underrated player. Has played in plenty of important games in Europe with a lot of pressure being the franchise player. I really like him and he is playing great. Either way, we must stop him. I hope Bud finds a solution or Scola stop making ALL his shots wherever he takes them.

Yeah Scola is a guy like Andy V whom I'd love to have on the Hawks. High energy and quality talented players who make your team better and never take a play off. Scola has really developed as a weapon shooting from range and we gotta stay on him and then we gotta make him pay defensively.

I mean this guy is WIDE open its like no one even cares about what he is doing on the court. He burned us in game 2 and in game 3 no one still didnt cover him.

I mean this guy is WIDE open its like no one even cares about what he is doing on the court. He burned us in game 2 and in game 3 no one still didnt cover him.

It's unbelievable!

Memo to the Hawk: U don't have to help all the damn time. Just stay on your man. I'm not a fan of the scramble defense

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 1

It's odd because he's a guy who is exclusively known for his offensive repertoire and thus why was brought to the Pacers in the first place yet he's open more times than a daytime hooker. The biggest drawback to him has always been his defense so perhaps Bud is pulling a chess move by making it hard for Vogel to justify sitting him thanks to his offensive production. Once Vogel distrusts his instincts and puts Scola in for key stretches and possessions, bang! Bud pulls the chair out assassin.gif

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Crazy, right? Who knew the key to this freakin' series was guarding that guy. Without him they're down 3-0.

We also gotta hope Vogel doesn't give up on Hibbs (that's right I call him Mr. Hibbs). He looked like he was wavering at his postgame PC last night with that "Probably" comment when asked if Hibbs would start.

Stick to your guns Vogs. Ride wit' tha horse what brung ya.

You can cancel Christmas on that. Vogel is trying to find a way to put Scola and West on the floor together fulltime and protect the rim. At this point, it doesn't matter if you protect the rim... it's not like we attack it.

To counter that, Bud ought to be working up some plays that goes right at Scola. Scola and West have slow feet. Bud needs to work on finding a way to get our athletic players to beat West and Scola off the dribble. Catch them on the switch and blow past them and make them foul.

The other thing is that we have to defend that Center PNR. It's not even a true PNR... It's like he fakes the pick and rolls down the center that is wide open every time. The problem with Scola is that he gets wide open looks on the outside and finds open pockets in the middle. Our Defense parts like his hair and lets him score over and over... and they keep going back to it. Bring in Cartier Martin to take a charge!!! Or put in Muscala to muscle him.