• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pero sucks as......

JTB

A starter!

-hesitates on open shots

-terrible finisher at the rim

-defense isn't great

BUT....I still hope he's a hawk next season because he's a very decent bench player! But I must say for the hundredth time, if we are going to continue to play this spread 5 offense and let it be apart of our identity we need a sure knock down 3pt center like Hawes!

You see eventually you guys are going to agree with me that hawes should be in Atlanta next season. I get you want a gortat or asik but guys like that aren't realistic opportunities for the hawks.

Spencer Hawes will be a hawk next season and us hawk fans will like it.

• Premium Member

A starter!

-hesitates on open shots

-terrible finisher at the rim

-defense isn't great

BUT....I still hope he's a hawk next season because he's a very decent bench player! But I must say for the hundredth time, if we are going to continue to play this spread 5 offense and let it be apart of our identity we need a sure knock down 3pt center like Hawes!

You see eventually you guys are going to agree with me that hawes should be in Atlanta next season. I get you want a gortat or asik but guys like that aren't realistic opportunities for the hawks.

Spencer Hawes will be a hawk next season and us hawk fans will like it.

I'd much rather have Melo. We already have an extremely strong player at the 5, why get another?

Edited by SalvorMallow

Oh look another Hawes topic...

@Diesel called he wants his obsession with a player routine back.

Sorry I can't help it. When Pero misses all these wide open 3pt opportunities I just say to myself damn hawes would be knocking those down.

I get the old saying live by the 3 die by the 3 but I thought that only consisted of taking 3s no matter what, not on wide open 3s the defense is giving you nearly the whole game!

There's another old saying.....you have to take what the defense is giving you or you have to take the open shot.

In Peros case the defense is giving him a 3 and he need to take and make the open shots being given.

By the way you have my word, I will not post another spencer hawes thread but I will continue to bring up his name.

I think Bud is forced into this strategy because it's what he has available now. With Al it's different game plan.

Take a look at how the offense ran with ask before the injury.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Hawes is not worth all the money to be a backup for us. But I wouldn't mind him this series replacing Antić.

Why should hawes be a backup he's a good starter. This nba league don't have a bunch of scary centers to force hawes to the bench of any team. To me he's worth every dime.

• Premium Member

Why should hawes be a backup he's a good starter. This nba league don't have a bunch of scary centers to force hawes to the bench of any team. To me he's worth every dime.

But then you're moving Millsap to the 3 when he gets taken off the dribble by slow ass West.

No thanks.

• Like 1

Cause I don't want Millsap defending SFs or coming off the bench. No need for Hawes when our team is healthy.

• Like 2

Because I don't see Millsap as a 3. Takes away his speed and handles advantage against other bigs.

Your obsession with him has to stop, it's getting comical... Lol.

We need a closer more than anything.

I'm not a "Hawes fan"...but I do like the name "Spencer"...nickname "Spence"...a great name for a lawyer or doctor....sounds smart.

...even when you match it with dumb sounding last names....

"Hello Ma'am...my name is Spencer Hogbottom"...it still sounds cool lol.gif

Edited by DJlaysitup

I think Bud is forced into this strategy because it's what he has available now. With Al it's different game plan.

Take a look at how the offense ran with ask before the injury.

That's true but coach bud has also found a way where true centers can't hurt us!

Most true centers in the nba today are rebounders and rim protectors and every blue moon you might run into one of the five 20 point scoring centers and that' when the trouble starts but hey you can't have a perfect team.

But what about the other true centers that can't score very well like Hibbert how will they be effective if we can continue to take away their best skill set in rebounding and protecting the rim when they are guarding our guys on the perimeter?....exactly they can't be effective and that's what we want.

Your obsession with him has to stop, it's getting comical... Lol.

We need a closer more than anything.

Lol how am I comical...I'm just being realistic...where are you going to find a closer? There are no closers that the hawks can get in the free agency. Edited by JTB

But then you're moving Millsap to the 3 when he gets taken off the dribble by slow ass West.

No thanks.

Sap had 5 fouls he was obviously trying not foul out when guarding west at the end of the game.

• Like 1

"Hello Ma'am...my name is Spencer Hornswallager...I'm a financial planner"

"Well...yes...come in Spencer"

"You can call me Spence Ma'am...now what I would like to do with your retirement assets is.....(steal them)"

Edited by DJlaysitup

We won't know until such time. Who saw the Sap signing.

Our only player who can dribble to the basket and get a basket is Teague and Sometimes Millsap. We need a wing player who can do that.

We have enough players who need to be set up to make a shot.