• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Biggest problem trading away Sap or Horford or both.....

JTB

I think people need to reevaluate what they expect from Ferry. There aren't too many wing options for us this free agency and the players in the draft while having potential, I fear won't be able to contribute right away the way we wish they could. Ferry can pull off a trade, but that's a crapshoot as far as who's available. If he ends up waiting till next year, I'm still onboard.

At the start of this season all I kept hearing from some 'Squawkperts' is you have these can't miss franchise changers at the top of the draft and in general it's the deepest draft yada yada.....so I'm expecting a starter or consistent contributer immediately.

Honestly I haven't followed college ball this season so I'm flying blind here.

The big FAcy is 2015 - more players potentially available.

At the start of this season all I kept hearing from some 'Squawkperts' is you have these can't miss franchise changers at the top of the draft and in general it's the deepest draft yada yada.....so I'm expecting a starter or consistent contributer immediately.

Well, I'd say that anyone waiting for a franchise savior in this draft needs to curb their enthusiasm. There are players with the potential to be great, and we've got the coaching staff to get them there but I don't expect any rookie to make a significant impact-especially where we're picking.

More so, this free agency is kinda bad. Every wing comes with their caveats- one year wonders in Gay and Ariza and questionable players in Hayward and Stephenson. Like you said, next year a lot more players will be available so it might be best to give someone like Hawes or Gortat a nice one year or 2 year deal with a team option to keep money liquid for next year.

Hopefully though we can at least get a player on bargain who can have similar impact to Carroll.

I think people need to reevaluate what they expect from Ferry. There aren't too many wing options for us this free agency and the players in the draft while having potential, I fear won't be able to contribute right away the way we wish they could. Ferry can pull off a trade, but that's a crapshoot as far as who's available. If he ends up waiting till next year, I'm still onboard.

And to add there aren't a lot of center OPTIONS either. We may be able to get Monroe because of ferrys ties with his former agent but he's still a restricted free agent this off season and we probably can get hawes no problem cause of many reasons that I don't need to explain but it's all up to ferry.

Guys like gortat though they may be unrestricted, aren't REAL targets for ferry and the squawk need to realize that.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm not sure why you would think that a draft with incredible depth in the lottery would necessarily lead to difference makers outside the lottery. I do think there will absolutely be consistent contributers available when we draft and better depth than last year, but you have to recognize that even with the #15 pick you are materially dropping your odds compared to a top 5, top 10, etc. pick like those 'Squawkperts' were advocating.

• Like 1

I find that hard to believe....lol not trying to bring anyone down but those rumors are going to need some serious legs!

If the Non-Sonics doesnt get to WCF then they might have to look into it, because I think Teague can fit of what Thunder wants to do and free up cap space when Durant contract is up and Westbrook can be the main man here since he doesn't have to shared with Durant and I can see him working with Coach Bud to have a role similar to Tony Parker.

We might have to give up Horford as well but I think this is far fetched and they would trade Perkins as well (he is a expired contact but still). This wont happen.

• Like 1