• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mack Article on Insider

Mike Scott may have been the most pleasant surprise on the Atlanta Hawksthis season, but Shelvin Mack worked his way into the discussion with a very solid season backing up Jeff Teague.

The former Butler star and second-round pick in 2011 finished the season with averages of 7.5 points, 3.7 assists, 2.2 rebounds and 0.8 3-pointers per game, and, like Scott, is due to become a restricted free agent this summer.

“I would like to be back,” Mack told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution earlier this week. “I’ll continue to work and improve my game and let my agent and everyone else deal with that. Of course (I want to return). I feel like it’s a great situation for me.”

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post?id=25829

Can anyone post the rest?

• Moderators

For years we had a vacancy at PG and now we have 3 good ones for just over $10 mil/yr. Not bad considering most were ready shell out $20 mil for CP3 or Deron. I'm comfortable going forward with Teague/Mack/Schröder as our PG rotation.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Can't do that on my phone but here is the summary:

Atlanta is already invested in Dennis so it might not want Mack. Mack could return by accepting the 1.15M qualifying offer and then be an UFA. Mack might reject the QO but there are so many good unrestricted backup pgs on the market this summer that the market for Mack might be non-existent.

We're not going to have three point guards on the team. JT is getting better and better every year. He's under contract, for what, 3 more years? He's gonna play probably 35 minutes a game. There's no reason to have two more point guards splitting between 10-20 minutes a game.

• Premium Member

We're not going to have three point guards on the team. JT is getting better and better every year. He's under contract, for what, 3 more years? He's gonna play probably 35 minutes a game. There's no reason to have two more point guards splitting between 10-20 minutes a game.

Need one in case of injuries

I think it's not that good to have two younger developing back up point guards who need their game time.

You need a good locker room guy, veteran 3rd PG, who isn’t crying if not playing, but is also able to play in case of injuries, struggling of no. 2 or needed crunch minutes...

Mike Scott may have been the most pleasant surprise on the Atlanta Hawksthis season, but Shelvin Mack worked his way into the discussion with a very solid season backing up Jeff Teague.

The former Butler star and second-round pick in 2011 finished the season with averages of 7.5 points, 3.7 assists, 2.2 rebounds and 0.8 3-pointers per game, and, like Scott, is due to become a restricted free agent this summer.

“I would like to be back,” Mack told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution earlier this week. “I’ll continue to work and improve my game and let my agent and everyone else deal with that. Of course (I want to return). I feel like it’s a great situation for me.”

It may not be a complete slam-dunk that Mack is back in a Hawks uniform next season, however. At least not as long as Dennis Schröder, the No. 17 pick in 2013, is also on the roster. With Schröder signed for next season at nearly $1.7 million and the team having options on him for 2015-16 and 2016-17 per the terms of his rookie deal, Atlanta is already invested in the 20-year-old German as a part of its future.

If Atlanta extends Mack his qualifying offer of just under $1.15 million, Mack could always accept it in order to hit the open market next summer as an unrestricted free agent. That's one way that he could stay with the Hawks next season. It's quite possible, though, that Mack will reject the qualifying offer in hopes of inking a more lucrative multi-year deal, whether it be with the Hawks or another team.

However, with a cast of backup point guards set to hit free agency that include the likes ofGreivis Vasquez, Darren Collison, Shawn Livingston, Nate Robinson, Steve Blake, Jordan Crawford, Ramon Sessions and D.J. Augustin, there may not be much of a market for Mack outside of Atlanta.