• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's the problem.

Vol4ever

Can't hit or pitch. This has gone on too long. IMO should have never signed that loser Gonzalez as manager

Can't blame Gonzalez on the team he was given. I blame the majority of this month long slump on Wren. Every hitter, 1-9, is guaranteed to each get atleast 2 strikeouts per game. We need better offensive players to help our pitchers out.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Can't blame Gonzalez on the team he was given. I blame the majority of this month long slump on Wren. Every hitter, 1-9, is guaranteed to each get atleast 2 strikeouts per game. We need better offensive players to help our pitchers out.

Yes. We have exactly 4 major league hitters in the lineup. Freddie, J-up, Simmons, and Gattis. And there are still a ton of strikeouts in that bunch. But johnson, uggla, bj, heyward, and their minor league replacements have yet to show they can hit in the majors consistently or still can hit in the majors in some cases. I mean uggla and bj probably wouldn't make a major league roster if they didn't already have a contract. I like johnson and heyward but they aren't dependable.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The other thing is the Braves now have to drop like a billion dollars on a new stadium as well as startup funds for an outback steak and titled kilt. They have two guys making like $100 million that need to just be waived. Where they find players to contend I don't know. Our only hope is that some minor league hitters are ready to produce. Otherwise we're probably looking at middle of the pack for a while. Oh well, their Cobb's problem now.

I think when June get here and they call up Tommy La Stella things will begin to turn around. Heyward usually pick it up June. He is starting to hit now. Regardless this is a poor structure line-up. Remind me of the Falcons when they went for flash. Braves went for flash in terms of power.

• Moderators

I think they can probably weather having BJ but Uggla has to go. BJ should go to the bench and maybe play once or twice a week. I'm actually a huge Heyward fan so i hope he comes around. Still don't like our chances against quality pitching.

There is no value in having Uggla as a everyday player. Plus Dan defense is terrible. Having his bat come off the bench provide a lot of value. Just got to hold on for a few more weeks. Braves are obviously holding Stella back for money reason. He is ready to come up now.

• 2 weeks later...

The only way they will fire Fredi is if he start having 90+ losing seasons. Even during the Braves down years they didn't come close to losing that much. This team is very loyal to the Managers. Only 2 Managers in the last 25 years.

As for Tommy it is good to see him brought up. They gave Pena and Pets a fair chance to win the job and they couldn't do anything. Time to give the rookie a chance. Hopefully he can provide a spark to this team. While they have played somewhat better of late. They need someone to provide a spark.

Anyone ever thought if we could trade Dan Uggla for Rickie Weeks? 2 very similar players, both have big power, and STRIKE OUT ALOT. Only difference is that Weeks has speed to go along with his power and is a free agent after this season, so that means that money comes off the books.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Fredi got handed a raw deal i think. Two players who are paid like franchise guys that don't belong in the major leagues. It's hard to manage around that. I'm amazed we are in first place with how poorly we hit.

No the Braves got the raw deal with Fredi. Fredi was fired by the Marlins because he could not manage. Bobby lobbied for him to be hired because he was his buddy. Terry Pendleton hags been with the Braves a long time and should have been given a shot over Gonzalez.