• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you think....

Diesel

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

I don't know how to do the twitter stuff here... but:

1. @mamaloie @DoctorWalters @DeMarreCarroll1 way more than Atlanta could possibly want to retain him!

Saw this on DMC's twitter page.

What it reminded me of is that you never appreciate what you have until it's gone. This is really an appreciation thread for DMC but do you think we appreciate him more than Utah Jazz fans?

Yes I think that we appreciate him more than they did and we aren't going to let him get away unless we've upgraded the position. DMC deserves to start someplace and I'm hoping he's starting here one more year while mentoring our newly drafted wing.

BTW @Diesel here's the easy tutorial on embedding Tweets. http://hawksquawk.net/community/topic/383064-how-to-embed-tweets-in-your-messages

• Like 2

• Premium Member

With the way we talk about drafting another Sf or finding a starting Sf, I think we musta forgotten about DMC. i have to believe that Utah wants him back because they've dealt with Marvin Williams. Whatta trade off.

• Like 1

With the way we talk about drafting another Sf or finding a starting Sf, I think we musta forgotten about DMC. i have to believe that Utah wants him back because they've dealt with Marvin Williams. Whatta trade off.

How have we forgotten him? He's not a spring chicken and we need depth behind him as we have a glaring weakness on the wings. That's not a slight towards DMC it's just realistic that we need some youth behind him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

How have we forgotten him? He's not a spring chicken and we need depth behind him as we have a glaring weakness on the wings. That's not a slight towards DMC it's just realistic that we need some youth behind him.

Our real weakness is at the 2 and not the three. We have DMC and Korver covering the 3.. not to mention the possibility of Millsap and Scott getting minutes there. However, if we come out with another minime lineup with a 6'2" guard playing at the 2, i believe I will throw up. We are hurt at the two because of size and speed. That's what we need most.

Our real weakness is at the 2 and not the three. We have DMC and Korver covering the 3.. not to mention the possibility of Millsap and Scott getting minutes there. However, if we come out with another minime lineup with a 6'2" guard playing at the 2, i believe I will throw up. We are hurt at the two because of size and speed. That's what we need most.

We have Korver at the 2 right now. But the wings are the 2-3 spots and that's a weakness for us as Korver should be a backup and DMC doesn't quite give you enough rebounding / scoring to justify being a starter, at least not yet.

I have to admit I knew what we were getting with DMC defensively when we signed him last year but the way he shot the 3 ball this year just amazed me. I honestly didn't think he could shoot anywhere near that good. Love this guy. Agree though that we need depth behind or in front of his depending on the talent coming in.

I've been saying all along that we're set at SF, DMC has earned the starting spot with Korver/Scott/Sap subbing. I don't agree with the apparent consensus that SF is a need. I've also said that we need to trade for an upgrade at 2 (Afflalo?) and let Korver win 6th-MOTY trophy. Draft a 3.

• Like 1

I've been saying all along that we're set at SF, DMC has earned the starting spot with Korver/Scott/Sap subbing. I don't agree with the apparent consensus that SF is a need. I've also said that we need to trade for an upgrade at 2 (Afflalo?) and let Korver win 6th-MOTY trophy. Draft a 3.

If you don't think that SF is a need then why draft a 3? That seems like a conflicting idea. If anything it sounds like you (and Diesel) believe we are weakest at SG and that we should sign a FA and draft someone there. I'm not opposed to that, but not sure there is much in the way of help there in this draft where we are selecting. For me if we stay at 15 then I'm taking the best 2-3 player I can find and also hoping to find someone in FA who can upgrade the SG spot. I'd love to get Afflalo and draft Anderson though. Let him put on 100 lbs and we'd have our own Diaw.

Teague/Afflalo/DMC/Sap/Horf is very stout. Bench of Mack/Korver/15th/Scott/Hill is also strong 2nd crew. 3rd string of Shredder/Jenk(trade?)/Korver/Moose/Bebe isn't the worst garbage time squad I've ever seen either.

If you don't think that SF is a need then why draft a 3?

Lemme clarify: "immediate need". Hawks need to upgrade SG starter now, Korver then becomes 6MOTY sniper off the bench at 2 and 3. Afflalo is my hope, not sure if Lou/Jenk/pick would swing that. Draft a backup at 15 for SF (Hood?Young?Saric?McDaniels?). Would be 2-3 years of development if/when that pick starts.

We need a SG that's the biggest need outside of another big man for depth.

A slashing SG...man wouldn't it be great if we could draft Marcus Smart! The dude is going to be an all star at the nba level.

Teague/Afflalo/DMC/Sap/Horf is very stout. Bench of Mack/Korver/15th/Scott/Hill is also strong 2nd crew. 3rd string of Shredder/Jenk(trade?)/Korver/Moose/Bebe isn't the worst garbage time squad I've ever seen either.

Not being sarcastic when I say this is brilliant! I love it! Only problem is that too many hawk fans wanting afflalo isn't showing me a realistic way of getting him. I mean the guy is on a fantastic contract at 7m why would Orlando give that up?

I guess we could trade Lou + filler to get him but would Orlando accept that?

• Like 1

We need help at SG and SF period.

If we get a better SF DMC can play SG or come off the bench at SF. IF we get a better SG - KK comes off the bench. KK played SF for us last season when Harris was here, so KK can be a viable back up at the SG and SF spots. We are thin at these spots with Lou (needs to be traded) and Cartier (upgrade needed.)

• Moderators

I want to find another SF and move DMC to SG. I'd like to see DMC eventually come off the bench more, but KK needs to come off the bench for us to keep either Horf, Sap, or KK on the floor at all times. I'm fine with Mack/Lou/KK/Scott/(Hill or Pero) as our 2nd unit and KK already said that starting isn't important to him. I'd like to see Pero play 4 more too which is why I really want Jordan Hill in the offseason. Scott/Pero/Hill would be a good 2nd unit frontcourt.

As for appreciation, I think DMC appreciates Atlanta more because he would never have reached his potential in Utah w/o Bud.

• Premium Member

The only problem with getting Afflalo is what will it cost. Nobody wants Lou... I don't care what his contract status looks like. We're talking about a probable Sap for Afflalo... or if we give up Lou, Lou/Dennis for Afflalo. I don't think we should do that kind of deal.

• Premium Member

You are who you guard in the NBA. DMC can play the 2 or 3. Our goal this offseason should be to get a slashing wing that can allow Korver to wreck havoc on the bench.

You are what you defend. I would suggest that DeMarre can defense most 3s very well. I'd rather see him put clamps on Lebron than to see him chasing Wade all around the court.

• Like 1

You are who you guard in the NBA. DMC can play the 2 or 3. Our goal this offseason should be to get a slashing wing that can allow Korver to wreck havoc on the bench.

Well that's true!....the focus should be to get a slashing wing player period weather he's a SG or SF! That's actually a great thing that works in the hawks favor when looking for that player this off season.

3 things I like about DMC:

-his nickname really fits him! The junkyard dog is all hustle, all heart, all effort for 48 minutes.

-his defense is solid and can be really good at times! In fact I think he will be very consistent good to great defender all next season with an even more improved jumpshot.

-he can play SG or SF or.....PF! He would atleast put up the effort no matter what position you put him at and sometimes effort is enough in this league. (Not saying we should play him at PF by the way....just making a point that the junkyard dog isn't a quitter)

• Like 1