• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chad Ford: More talk of Hawks trading Horford to Cleveland and other trades

Admin

• Premium Member

I would strongly consider Horf for Parker or Wiggins. Not saying I will do it but would consider it but let's be real. Mil and Philly are rebuilding. The top 3 is basically all even to me. I think Wiggins might be the most complete. Parker, highest floor, and Embiid lower floor, highest ceiling.

And it may not be the number one pick, but my point is, with only two years left on his deal and title contention not looking likely in the next two years, the Hawks had better be thinking NOW about how or if Al Horford fits long term. Hopefully they learned from the Josh situation and avoid waiting too late where they could be faced with taking a lesser deal for him or overpaying to keep him here.

I like Dennis too and believe in his abilities, but you don't garner that kind of value until you've established it on the floor. Dennis hasn't done that yet.

Please tell the people that thinks Jenkins deserves a roster spot that !!!

I'd trade, release, let walk Jenkins before Denis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umm what posts have you been reading? I haven't seen anyone say anything about Jenkins in a long time. Are you talking about people on another site?

You just don't find cheap 3 point shooters in the league anymore. They're at a premium. Hawks are lucky to have Jenkins, and I expect better things for him next year, because he won't have to worry about his lingering back problems anymore.

^^ see

We don't need him, we have Korver. Jekins is short, can't crest his own shot and can't okay D

Since coming to the NBA he's improved alot on his team defense, but his man to man defense could use some work. And you can never have enough shooters. Did you see our 3 point performance in that last game against the Pacers. What were we 11-40? I'm sure that if we had a healthy Jenkins the margin of defeat wouldn't have been as big as it was. I can't wait to see what he can do for us next year.

• Like 1

Since coming to the NBA he's improved alot on his team defense, but his man to man defense could use some work. And you can never have enough shooters. Did you see our 3 point performance in that last game against the Pacers. What were we 11-40? I'm sure that if we had a healthy Jenkins the margin of defeat wouldn't have been as big as it was. I can't wait to see what he can do for us next year.

Couldn't agree more. If his defense improves enough for him to not be as big of a liability as he was before, I could see him possibly starting for us in a Danny Green type position. Remember all of those threes that DMC missed in the playoffs, now imagine Jenkins being the release option. DMC may prove me wrong in the future, but I would rather have someone known for their shooting like Jenkins taking those shots.

• Like 1

^^ see

We don't need him, we have Korver. Jekins is short, can't crest his own shot and can't okay D

Remenisce on what you've been missing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eE_bVyYtB4

• Like 2

Al ain't just a good PnR big, he's the best in the NBA and best since Karl Malone. In fact, has more range than Malone. You give him Stockton and see what will happen.

In our new system we don't need a huge center. Spurs proved that by playing the white guy with the outside shot. Horf is our guy. Keep him and put pieces around him

Couldn't agree more. If his defense improves enough for him to not be as big of a liability as he was before, I could see him possibly starting for us in a Danny Green type position. Remember all of those threes that DMC missed in the playoffs, now imagine Jenkins being the release option. DMC may prove me wrong in the future, but I would rather have someone known for their shooting like Jenkins taking those shots.

I dont think jenkins will ever be as effective as korver. Sure dmc got cold in the series near the end, but he was hot for the 1st 3 games. He didnt shoot as poorly overall and I dont think jenkins would have made much of a diff.

that being said, I dont think its time to give up on him. I think they do see him as the danny green, but I just wish he was a little more dynamic

Edited by skimaskway23

Remenisce on what you've been missing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eE_bVyYtB4

Please don't show a highlight clip they mean nothing I can show you a MVP Marvin Williams highlight clip.

we'll have to agree to disagree and I'm Kool with that.

Back to the topic.......

• Like 1

I dont think jenkins will ever be as effective as korver. Sure dmc got cold in the series near the end, but he was hot for the 1st 3 games. He didnt shoot as poorly overall and I dont think jenkins would have made much of a diff.

that being said, I dont think its time to give up on him. I think they do see him as the danny green, but I just wish he was a little more dynamic

Jenkins one day could become just as efficient at 3 point shooting as Korver. I honestly thing that even without Al, an extra shooter could have heavily influenced us going on to the second round.

Please don't show a highlight clip they mean nothing I can show you a MVP Marvin Williams highlight clip.

we'll have to agree to disagree and I'm Kool with that.

Back to the topic.......

Haha, that was the best highlight clip I could find, lol.

I wasn't saying that he is as good as Korver, it's too early to try and predict how good of a career he'll have as a specialized player like Korver. And I wasn't saying that DMC was horrible shooting or even taking bad shots, I was simply saying that I would prefer to have someone who is known for shooting to take those shots. I was just trying to make a case for why you simply don't let a skilled shooter walk out the door or even release him like Jizzle was saying.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

In our new system we don't need a huge center. Spurs proved that by playing the white guy with the outside shot. Horf is our guy. Keep him and put pieces around him

For clarity, if you're referring to them putting Bonner in the starting lineup, he played the 4. Duncan moved over to center and Duncan is plenty big.

There is no need for a guy that can only shoot look at Jimmer !! what other really good 3pt shooters are there ?

Jimmer Fredette and John Jenkins are in two completely different positions with their teams. Fredette was drafted tenth overall to a pretty bad team and asked to be a complete point guard when he is at best a specialized shooter.

Jenkins was drafted twenty-third overall by us to be exactly what he is, a specialized shooter. His weaknesses have been made known and he has worked hard to correct those problems.

The difference between the two is that Jenkins was drafted by a team where he fit his role. I guarantee you that if Jimmer were to ever sign to a team that allowed him to be who he is on the court and nothing more, his talents would break out more.

I've derailed this thread about trading Horford enough with John Jenkins, I'll stop here

Edited by alejandro09

You made my point Jimmer is on the bench in Chicago. They didn't want him to play point they needed buckets. When you can't create your on shot and suck on D you ride the bench (one foot out the door)

• Moderators

I don't see Cleveland helping out a division rival for only Noah in return. They already have Varejao who is the same type of player. Noah is also a C, not a PF.

Love is worth more than the number 1 pick and I don't know if Cleveland has enough. Maybe Minne will be desperate enough to turn a disgruntled star into instant hype and would do it.

Portland isn't trading LMA.

Atlanta may part with Horf, but would the recent injury bug hurt us? Cleveland may balk trading for guy coming off of two pec tears. They'd probably want us to sweeten the pot which could mean future 1st's and/or losing KK or DMC for scraps, bad contracts, and the number 1 pick. Not worth it to me, although I'd love Jabari suiting up for us. Then trade Schröder to Sacramento for number 8 & filler.

I'd check Milwaukee's and Philly's interest in Horf before committing to that.

I could see this being draft night trade. Hawks trade Schröder to Sac for number 8, then package Horford + 8th pick + 15th pick for scrap + scrap + 1st pick. Take Jabari or Wiggins. I don't trust centers this high in the draft and Embiid ain't gonna put butts in the seats. We need a center BAD and Embiid would fix our rebounding woes and give us a defensive anchor, but I'd hate to miss out on a bonafide stars in Jabari or Wiggins. Jabari is a Bud type guy too.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

I don't see Cleveland helping out a division rival for only Noah in return. They already have Varejao who is the same type of player. Noah is also a C, not a PF.

Love is worth more than the number 1 pick and I don't know if Cleveland has enough. Maybe Minne will be desperate enough to turn a disgruntled star into instant hype and would do it.

Portland isn't trading LMA.

Atlanta may part with Horf, but would the recent injury bug hurt us? Cleveland may balk trading for guy coming off of two pec tears. They'd probably want us to sweeten the pot which could mean future 1st's and/or losing KK or DMC for scraps, bad contracts, and the number 1 pick. Not worth it to me, although I'd love Jabari suiting up for us. Then trade Schröder to Sacramento for number 8 & filler.

I'd check Milwaukee's and Philly's interest in Horf before committing to that.

Take Jabari or Wiggins. I don't trust centers this high in the draft and Embiid ain't gonna put butts in the seats. We need a center BAD and Embiid would fix our rebounding woes and give us a defensive anchor, but I'd hate to miss out on a bonafide stars in Jabari or Wiggins. Jabari is a Bud type guy too.

Varejao is not the same type of player as Noah. Andy as of now is just an average center. Noah is a very good center. While i don't see a trade since Noah has no interest in Cleveland, I do not think that trade will happen.

Atlanta is not trading all of that for any player in this draft. You act as if Wake's Duncan, Lebron, or UK's Davis is in this class.

If you can get Horf and maybe another piece for Andy and #1 pick. You do it if you are Cleveland.

Edited by nbasupes40retired