• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OK... Let's talk about it... UNC Scandle. Rashard McCants.

Diesel

• Premium Member

IF you have been keeping up the news, you should have seen that McCants has dimed out the basketball program and the African American studies Department.

First off, this could shut down the basketball program at UNC.

Why did McCants do this?

Also... does anybody remember that Marvin was seeking to get a degree in AA studies??

HMM???

• Moderators

This isn't all that different from the other stuff we have seen coming out of Chapel Hill in recent years. This particular issue reminds me of the scandal at UGA under Harrick. It is embarassing for any alum of a decent school to see this going on but I am sure it will get some real focus from the NCAA but not too much because UNC is a beloved school. They will get hit but not hammered for it if the allegations prove out.

This isn't all that different from the other stuff we have seen coming out of Chapel Hill in recent years. This particular issue reminds me of the scandal at UGA under Harrick. It is embarassing for any alum of a decent school to see this going on but I am sure it will get some real focus from the NCAA but not too much because UNC is a beloved school. They will get hit but not hammered for it if the allegations prove out.

There is a dramatic difference though.

UGA had 1 bunk class on the history of basketball.

It appears UNC has a bunk dept / major.

McCants was flunking out of alebra and phych classes and was told by Williams to switch to AA studies.

I like how McCants went back at Roy William after coach played dumb. McCants simple said to go back and look at the transcripts to see how many players majored in AA studies. It appears it will be pretty easy to see who is lieing all you have to do is look at the transcripts. However, I believe that is private knowledge that cannot be released on an open records request.

Whenever an athlete is majoring in AA studies, or any other continent's studies for that matter, or physical education..........you know it a joke of a major.