• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks trade Bebe and Lou to Toronto for Salmons

GrimeyKidd

Supes is just a pleasure to watch. He creates a whole scenario quicker than nba2k

I don't create nothing. I read and watch. I been on clutch and I been on other sites when I am not doing work, taking care of my child, or watching tape.

The Jazz have stated from jump their matching any offer for Hayward as did the Rox for Parsons.

Yeah but a lot can always happen. That's my point you just gotta wait and see not react to what hasn't happened yet

This is true but to a degree. We had no clue Sap was coming here but we couldn't land Ellis or D12. Hell Sap had little to no options outside of us.

I'm wondering what that personal issue he was tweeting about was. Maybe there's behind the scenes issues with the guy.

I think he was a fine prospect but probably nothing more than a 15-20 minute a game guy

It was a family issue and he clearly said it had nothing to do with basketball.  This trade was just a giant red flag towards Ferry's failure with a valuable 1st round pick.  Wasted.

• Like 1

I think we are enamored with what we THINK Bebe could be. I am just as much a fan, but the reality is when he tried to add strength and his knees got weak. He is not nba ready and I doubt he could ever reach a starter type role. Tavares eases the blow as he has more of an Nba body.

I think to a degree we value our players more than they are really worth. Also, we had to consolidate with the logjam in the frontcourt assuming scott resigns.

Aren't you doing the same thing with Tavares right now?   Thinking that he has a shot to make it in the NBA?   Bebe was a top 15 prospect all year in the 2013 draft.   Tavares was almost always a 2nd round pick that may not have been chosen at all.

I bought into the Ferry knows something shtick last year and not buying into it again this year. 

Again it's nothing but HOPE to pacify the masses... until we're left at the front door again while the real contenders are getting their whistles wet. 

Welcome Home Dol .  . Welcome Home.

Now do you see why I was so upset about Joe Johnson being traded for "cap space" and dead flies?   If the team isn't going to do anything significant with the space, nor spend the time to actually try to develop their 1st round picks, what are we REALLY doing as a franchise?

People ( and possibly the GM and Bud ) are so in love with a guy like Pero, that they'll sacrifice a young prospect like Bebe to keep a bum like Pero on the team.

• Like 2

Welcome Home Dol . . Welcome Home.

Now do you see why I was so upset about Joe Johnson being traded for "cap space" and dead flies? If the team isn't going to do anything significant with the space, nor spend the time to actually try to develop their 1st round picks, what are we REALLY doing as a franchise?

People ( and possibly the GM and Bud ) are so in love with a guy like Pero, that they'll sacrifice a young prospect like Bebe to keep a bum like Pero on the team.

There's a difference. Joe isn't worth anything close to what he is being paid. Lou wasn't on a terrible contract, and only had one year left on the deal. That's whar I don't understand.

If you trade for cap space, you'd better put it to good use before the contract you traded away expires or else it is wasted. That means Ferry has to use the money he generated THIS off season or else he made a mistake since Lou is a free agent next year.

As far as the Joe trade, that space was put to good use and whether you like it or not keeping Joe would have set this team back.

• Like 1

The good GM's create cap space without giving away valuable assets. Could have traded Lou for nothing and cleared his space. As of right now, this team is a mess.

This after last season's team that featured three NBA starters, two of which were severely under-sized at size positons.

I wish he would have just tanked last season.

This better bring us Lebron or it SUX.

Just Kidding.

I'm all right with this, and generally positive. Gives us a little more money to add 1 great FA or a couple of solid ones if we need to and explains the Walter draft pick:

Walter is a better version of Bebe pretty much. Ferry must have seen enough, and once Walter was here it didn't make sense to have two guys the exact same stashed. Not really that much of a wasted asset considering the 2013 draft was epic bad. Nothing I feel bad about missing out on, so might as well get out now if you know you are done with him. I know some people were excited about having him here next year but he would have been DNP all year as he wasn't ready. (The fact that he really wanted to come over and was willing to do his own buy out might have even played into the decision. Don't need that money kicking in for a guy that won't play and develop.)

Stay the course Ferry.

Side Note: We have upwards of just shy of $15 million it sounds like. Parsons and Hayward is who everyone wants, but if they are going to be matched anyway, those guys could be moot. Deng then is the best option. I would hope we could keep it closer to 9-10 and short, or Ferry won't go for him. After seeing the contracts he gave out last year, I could see him giving bank to the younger guys, but not Deng. Curious to see what happens, but I bet he stays pretty flexible with the new cap space. Why give it right back, you know?

• Like 1

As long as my boy zach Lowe likes it I'm down

Is he a Hawks fan? It is a step backward trade. If you have to trade ASSETS to create space, then you have mis-managed.

What did he do with all that cap space from last season? Millsap and Carroll. Sap is pretty good. Won't put anyone over the top unless they're already there though and Carroll who doesn't start for 90% of NBA teams. Oh and our 6th man Korver who would be coming off the bench for 95% of NBA teams.