• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks sign Thabo Sefolosha to a 3 years $12 million contract

GrimeyKidd

Than most? I guess you're not reading the Tweets from our most respected writers.  Thabo fills a clear need for us.

But your problem here is that you're acting like the offseason is over after our 1st FA signing.  

And NO, Deng is NOT healthy.  His wrist STILL requires surgery and he STILL refuses to get it taken care of.  So for the 3rd consecutive year his shooting is going to suffer because of it. Call it garbage talk all you want but the facts speak for themselves and hey guess what gooch, the Cavs just gave up a 1st round pick for 20ish regular season games to have an injured Deng on their roster so I'm pretty sure that someone is going to sign him even though he's STILL injured.

Where is this proof that his wrist is still injured and needs surgery? I guess the half dozen teams bidding on his services don't know about this injury. Lol

Another strange thing to note about Thabo, Brooks started playing him much more at the 3 last year than in any previous year. That is a question mark for me...

Told y'all that's not what Ferry and Bud want for this team.  They don't want ball stoppers. They want guys who fit the system, move without the ball, are unselfish passers and will give up a good shot to get a great shot for their teammates.

Now the Hawks may make me look silly by going out and getting one of those types of guys but I don't see it. We just need more people who are good at this system and fit in well with it. Depth is what killed us last year, not a failure of the system.

Even SA has Mano that can handle the ball.

But a drunken coach and a guy who was a bust as a player (and likely a bust as a gm) don't like ball handlers and so it's all good.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

We'll see.  Hey I hope you're here a year from now but you've been a member for 1 month now. Hard to know who's still going to be here in 2015.

I've actually been a member for years on this site but I wasn't posting the last yr. when I tried to login again I reset my password and it shows me as a new member now for some reason. Check my credentials. I've been on this site since like 2007

I can hear it now too, "AWW SNAP DAWG HOW'D HAWKSFANATIC GET THOSE DOPE CODING SKILLZ AND PUT THAT TABLE IN THIS THREAD??"

By clicking the "Embed" link above the table on basketball-reference.com. That is how.

i didn't do any backflips when i saw this but it's not a terrible signing.

gotta remember the guy was on a team with ball stoppers. that kills chemistry and is death knell for role players. we 4mil per isn't cheap for his recent production but it is far and away a salary that can turn into an excellent value with any production. without a doubt i think he's capable of out producing lou williams and he was owed more.

not a bad signing.

Thabo really set the basket on fire with Chicago...

Oh, wait... No he didn't.

• Like 1

I appreciate all the prayers I can get. Sincerely.

The thing is...this signing basically nullifies the problem I had with drafting Payne with our #15 pick (cause I - like most - wanted a quality wing player)...so we got our quality wing player at a good price and he will likely do as good or better than a rookie would have done anyway for a couple years.

So you see Squawkers - it's all good.

Serenity now yes.gif

How do you know we aren't gonna wait and sign Thabo with an exception? We may still have our beloved capspace after all.

He is smiling because he knows he is actually gonna be able to touch the ball.

He shot even worse in Chicago when didn't have the ball hogs (You know, 2 of the top 12 players in the league) taking shots away from him.

Where is this proof that his wrist is still injured and needs surgery? I guess the half dozen teams bidding on his services don't know about this injury. Lol

I'm not gonna do your research for you. You can feel free to not believe if it if you want. 

Even SA has Mano that can handle the ball.

But a drunken coach and a guy who was a bust as a player (and likely a bust as a gm) don't like ball handlers and so it's all good.

There's the old Hotlantascrooge that we know and love :)

• Like 2

The thing is...this signing basically nullifies the problem I had with drafting Payne with our #15 pick (cause I - like most - wanted a quality wing player)...so we got our quality wing player at a good price and he will likely do as good or better than a rookie would have done anyway for a couple years.

So you see Squawkers - it's all good.

Serenity now yes.gif

I agree to disagree, I've wanted a young wingman with upside since Joe has been gone and we've still yet to address that issue, sure DMC and Sefolosha are okay replacements but neither guy has the upside to even be a 2nd or 3rd scoring option on a good team, you aren't going anywhere past the second round with this.

Maybe Ferry makes a trade or 2 that does, but until I see something different I just don't see the excitement of still being a good not great enough team to do anything. And this raises a bigger red flag for me cuz if Ferry thought Bebe was something special then a year later dumps him so we can get sefolosha and another role player when we couldve drafted Dieng or Tim Hardaway JR isn't good value at all

I've actually been a member for years on this site but I wasn't posting the last yr. when I tried to login again I reset my password and it shows me as a new member now for some reason. Check my credentials. I've been on this site since like 2007

Hmm I dunno it shows you registering May 2nd 2014. 

I can hear it now too, "AWW SNAP DAWG HOW'D HAWKSFANATIC GET THOSE DOPE CODING SKILLZ AND PUT THAT TABLE IN THIS THREAD??"

By clicking the "Embed" link above the table on basketball-reference.com. That is how.

That's a mighty fine table ya got there nerd! 

I'm not gonna do your research for you. You can feel free to not believe if it if you want.

Ok so you have zero proof of this mythical injury you speak of. You don't think NBA teams do medical background checks on players before dishing out millions of dollars to a player? Your full of crap

Ok so you have zero proof of this mythical injury you speak of. You don't think NBA teams do medical background checks on players before dishing out millions of dollars to a player? Your full of crap

It's been posted on here in the last week by someone other than me. I'm not gonna hold your hand and teach you how to find it. You've been here since 2007 then you ought to know how to search. 

Watch the insults though or you won't be here in 2015 I promise you that. 

Thabo replaces Lou. Thabo STARTED for the frikin Thunder since 2009 (you know, Western Conference Finalists 3 our of the last 4 years). Cheaper than Lou, yet a MASSIVE upgrade over Williams defensively (All-NBA Defensive Team 2010). Shot 42-44% from deep 2 of the last 3 years. Had an off year beyond the arc in '13-'14 at 32% (injured). Lou's shooting from 3 last year? 34%......

He started for them for the last several years because they were too cheap to surround Durant/Westbrook with better players.

It's been posted on here in the last week by someone other than me. I'm not gonna hold your hand and teach you how to find it. You've been here since 2007 then you ought to know how to search.

Watch the insults though or you won't be here in 2015 I promise you that.

The only thing I'm seeing is he declined wrist surgery because it wasn't needed necessarily. He was still an all star after injuring the wrist initially.

What insults? Don't be sensitive if you are going to make fictional statements about injuries on a player that don't exist at least not at this time. Like I said no team would sign Deng if he has a bum wrist. That's common sense I would think if you play the sport of basketball.

Edited by Goots

For just a moment put your hatred for the move aside you have to admire how Ferry operates. We truly flew under the radar on this one which is becoming the norm w/ Ferry. At any given moment we strike. Have to love the unpredictability in which were operating. I can't wait for when the next move will be made....much more fun like this. The over the top/knee jerk reactions on the boards are the cherry on top. ( flip out bc we signed a role player who fills a need vs desperately wanting a guy like Kent Bazemore who became a known name just 2/3 days ago ).

• Like 1

For just a moment put your hatred for the move aside you have to admire how Ferry operates. We truly flew under the radar on this one which is becoming the norm w/ Ferry. At any given moment we strike. Have to love the unpredictability in which were operating. I can't wait for when the next move will be made....much more fun like this. The over the top/knee jerk reactions on the boards are the cherry on top. ( flip out bc we signed a role player who fills a need vs desperately wanting a guy like Kent Bazemore who became a known name just 2/3 days ago ).

Like I've stated I don't hate that we signed Thabo I just hate the deal. I think we over paid is all. To justify the trade of Lou and Bebe we must sign a legit starting SF or that trade was a failure if you just use the cap space to sign a few bench players. Let's see what else ferry has up his sleeve.

We can still have our $15 mil in capspace (if we use an exception on Thabo), We improve our bench at SG/SF for $4 mil and people are jumping off a ledge. We had Cartier Martin last season.