• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Starting Lineup for the Next game should be:

Diesel

• Premium Member

JV/Hansen/Diaw/SAR/Theo.

I bet you that this group would play harder and smarter than what we have been seeing.

It's sad that Atlanta fans are sitting around waiting on Hendu to be the savior.

Reef cried Man up and Only Reef responded.

JT doesn't try on defense. Mr. Olay just doesn't care. Damon Jones is toasting the Hawks?

The 4 horsemen sound more like 3 guys who chuck shots and Nailon.

Honestly, that team might score 68 points in 48 minutes... But still, we need some players who want to play. We need better coaching too.

We are Jumpshot dependent. That's a losing proposition. Especially with Reef putting up good points...

If we trade, trade Theo for now. It doesn't make any sense to have Theo playing good defense, not getting rebounds, and Mr. Olay and the 2 horsemen playing patty cake with the opponents.

trade Theo/Jackson for Lo/Battier/Filller.

Deez,

Do you really thing Stotts has the balls to pull that off?

It is like he honestly believes that this lineup is producing game after game. Sorry, pal, when you aren't winning you have to try something else. For instance, Diaw NEEDS to be starting.

It all goes back to the waste that we have on our bench and the IR. Look at all that capspace just sitting there and we can't touch it until next year.

Yuck.

But, look on the bright side, Deez.... at least Jackson and Glover can bring their MJ-erific games to some other place... like the CBA.

Play.

WE SUCK!

No lineup change is going to help because we simply don't have the right collection of players on the roster to get the job done. Milwaukee only turned it over 7 times with a rookie starting at PG. JT turned it over 6 times by himself! 19 turnovers is just ridiculous but we do it EVERY night and we have been for the last several years. And if its not the turnovers, its the other team outhustling us and punking us out. I'm just tired of watching it. I don't even get mad anymore.

I feel what your saying Trace...And some wonder why I've

been so negitive the last three years. It's pretty easy to

see the team has no direction at the current time. It doesn't

take long to get atleast headed in the right direction..The

frustrating thing is that I haven't seen any signs pointing

to the team even looking to improve.

• Premium Member

It's not a case of expecting us to win.

I say start:

JV/Hansen/Diaw/SAR/Theo... For 5 straight games.

What this would do is cause JT, Jax, and Glover to look at themselves a lot harder. These three horsemen believe that they are actually doing something good. Stotts need to bench them, preach effort and defense...

I guarantee that by game 4, JV, Hansen, and Diaw will have put up so much effort that it would overcome their lack of ability.

Stotts need the balls to do this because he's a lame duck coach anyway. What he will earn is respect. If it's not working and guys are not trying and guys are not playing according to your schemes, then you need to change those guys.

Realistically,

JT, Jax, Diaw, SAR, Theo should probably be the lineup we play...

But

5 games of playing

JV, Hansen, Diaw, SAR, Theo can't hurt too much. I want to see what Hansen brings to the table anyway.

Chillz,

He will be.

Stotts is convinced that Glover is just going through a slump rather than realizing that he isn't much of a player to begin with.

There is a reason this guy is a pine-afficiando.

Glover hasn't had a REALLY good game since the start of the season. We were high on him, because we say energy while Reef was still lethargic and trying to get back in shape. Dion looked better than everyone else. This wasn't saying much.

We overlooked the fact that he was shooting 38% and leading the team in shots. Now that players are hitting their stride... Dion is just killing us.

If Diaw hasn't proven by now that he should be starting, I don't know what it takes. 8 offensive boards in 20 minutes is [censored] impressive.

Play.

After last nite's game I have enough of it. We should

a) Do what Diesel suggest, put 2 rookie in the line up since we have nothing to lost.

b) trade everyone except Reef,Diaw,Travis,Nazr,Theo and Jacque. [censored] maybe we can package it w/ Terrell's contract to get something in return(e.g Penny..etc)

c) Trade Reef and Theo to winning team, they should be giving a chance to win.

I like that idea alot. Really, how many more games can they lose?

Let's evaluate:

PG - JT is shooting well and scoring, heck even getting some boards, but providing NO defense and is not directing traffic well. Vaughn is limited but playing well considering. Why not give minutes to DD?

SG - Dion couldn't hit the broadside of a barn right now. Bench him and play Boris and Travis. At least the effort should be there.

SF - Jackson is not perfect but I would leave him for now with Boris also getting additional minutes here (Really, might as well give him 30+ a night and see what happens)

PF - Right now Reef is playing well enough to start for just about any team in the league. No complaints. A back-up would be luxury . . .

C - Not perfect again, but the combined production of Nazr and Theo is o.k. If we could somehow morph Theo's athleticism and defense/shotblocking with Nazr's size and offense/rebounding we would have a top 5 center.

In reply to:

Originally posted by Diesel...

JT, Jax, Diaw, SAR, Theo should probably be the lineup we play...

This is what I've been looking for since the begining of the season. I really feel that Diaw is ready to start NOW. To be, it wouldn't be terribly surprising if Diaw gave Anthony and James a run for their money in the rookie race.

As far as the IR is concerned, I'd put DD on when Hendu comes back. We need big men, not an extra point. Then we could try a starting squad of JT/Diaw/SAR/Nazr/Theo at some point and time this year. Have Nailon and Hendu come off the bench.

Start

JT/Diaw/SAR/Nazr/Theo

Rotation

SJax/Hendu/JV/Nailon/Glover/Hansen/CC

Just Turnover, usually shortened to J.T. has played his

way to the bench, along with Dion Glover.

When Boris Diow asks, "Where were you going?" when J.T.

goes in the wrong direction, it's time to wake up and let

him rest on the bench. His passing was terrible last night,

as he personally lived up to his Just Turnover name.

Dion Glover is a slasher/driver, foul making player. Let

him do that, but from the bench. He is good at that

and should be given that role while SAR is resting.

Jackson's shooting is so cold, I hesitate to start him.

Maybe with different partners, he might improve.

J.V. is our best point guard. He ain't great, but, he ain't

that bad either. He can shoot. He can defend. He can

see the floor and pass. He's not big, but he is a real

pest on defense.

Boris Diaw can play good defense. He can and does get

his share of rebounds. Some of the older, veteran

players should watch and learn. He is an excellent ball

handler and passer. He is learning to score. He needs to

work on this and hitting his free throws.

Therefore, I believe our best starting unit from what

we have right now is:

J.V. / Boris Diaw / Jackson / SAR / Theo

Might not score as much. Defense is improved. Ball

handling is improved. Turnovers are less. Rebounding

is improved.

In four of five catagories, Hawks improve, if I am right.

I'll take improvement like that.

Scoring from the bench would improve. Nazr upgrades the

scoring from center. Add J.T. and D.G. with Crawford,

Nailon, Hansen and last year's bushy head rookie P.G.

who never gets to play.

It's time to shake things up. This would do that, if nothing

else. "Don't just stand there, do something." instead of,

"Don't just do something, stand there."

Moving the words around changes the entire message.

Would changing the players around not do the same??