• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why not Lance! [Update: signs with Charlotte 3yrs / 27 million]

lush23

I love all these people that say Lance is a bad guy. Some bogus assault charge in 2010 and I don't think he's had any real issues off the court. What BS off the court exactly? Trying to get into LeBron's head. I thought that was classic and really funny. No harm in trying to get your opponent off his game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about a fight with Evan Turner right before the playoffs ? Or How him and George Hill have to be separated before they go to blows (more than once). Hes earned the title of lockerroom cancer and hes not even that great on the court.

Ok ferry...it's not your fault but I'm getting pissed as a hawks fan. We missed out on gasol, deng, Ariza...it's time to offer lance a contract he wants!

All these teams passing over lance will regret it! Dude has skills and need better coaching and is an elite defender...SIGN LANCE!...take advantage of this wide open east conference this year!

I know we won't get lance cuz of his attitude issues but I really wish we could

The attitude thing is so overblown though. Unless ferry knows some inside stuff lance should be getting an offer very soon.

I feel with the guys on the roster (Korver, Horford, Millsap, Sef), that Lance can't be a negative to the locker room.

You could be right, but hes still not that good on the court. At least not as good as Hawks fans make it seem. An above average roleplayer who plays selfish hero ball on this team wont help us much.

I love Lance, maninly because of his age and upside, but I'm good with not getting him. He only made a million dollars last year. Getting over 10 times that much, I can't see how it doesnt go directly to his head and he possibly does something disasterous to his career, especially here, killing our chances of contention with his checks still being printed and signed.

You just can't gloss over a guy pushing a woman down a flight of hard New York project stairs and smashing her head at the bottom. No matter when it happened, that might be a good reason to stay away. Like I said, I like him as a player and support him in trying to become a better man, but wouldn't be surprised one bit if he appeared on the late night Channel 2. "Breaking News: Lance Stephenson involved in brutal domestic dispute." That's not the attention we need.

You could be right, but hes still not that good on the court. At least not as good as Hawks fans make it seem. An above average roleplayer who plays selfish hero ball on this team wont help us much.

5 triples doubles in one season isn't considered good on the court? Even if he is selfish, the dude has alot of talent. 

Edited by ATLHawks3
  • Like 1

5 triples doubles in one season isn't considered good on the court? Even if he is selfish, the dude has alot of talent.

Everybody plays their absolute best and do the most to pad stats in a contract year. Not a single triple double in the pre ious 3 years either. Suspicious to say the least...

Everybody plays their absolute best and do the most to pad stats in a contract year. Not a single triple double in the pre ious 3 years either. Suspicious to say the least...

The more minutes he got the more he showcased how good he is. And last year was his first full year as a starter (although he started 88% of the games in the 12-13 season for the Pacers.) The point I'm trying to make is that he is indeed a very good player. 

Edited by ATLHawks3

You don't go from 0 to 5 in a season simply because it's a contract year. He finally got a chance to start with Granger gone and he's improved his game quite a lot. I don't like Lance the human but he's extremely talented on the court. 

• Like 2

You don't go from 0 to 5 in a season simply because it's a contract year. He finally got a chance to start with Granger gone and he's improved his game quite a lot. I don't like Lance the human but he's extremely talented on the court.

Extremely talented is an overstatement. Very good sub all star role player is more accurate. Probably more suited to a 6th man role ala Jamal Crawford where he can play his ball dominant game with the reserves instead of pissing off the starters.

Extremely talented is an overstatement. Very good sub all star role player is more accurate. Probably more suited to a 6th man role ala Jamal Crawford where he can play his ball dominant game with the reserves instead of pissing off the starters.

He can take his man off the dribble, knock down the 3, he has an uncanny knack for getting the ball in the basket in traffic... oh yeah and he's an elite defender. That's extremely talented. 

Off topic but Pistons just signed D.J. and supposedly from Pistons fans they only have 5 mil to spend. Would they go over the cap to retain Monroe? Seems like we should put an offer in:

Adreian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 49s

Free agent guard DJ Augustin has reached a two-year, $6 million deal with the Detroit Pistons, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

He can take his man off the dribble, knock down the 3, he has an uncanny knack for getting the ball in the basket in traffic... oh yeah and he's an elite defender. That's extremely talented.

Elite defender is an overstatement. Paul Pierce played GREAT defense in their championship run, but hes hardly an elite defender. Yes, Lance can do all those other things, but like I said his hero ball style didnt help the Pacers much this year and contributed to their terrible chemistry. His limitations are definitely not physical, but hes not the "missing piece" or star atlanta is missing. Think about all the other players offered contracts. The rest of the league seems very content with allowing this "extremely talented" player return to the Pacers..

How can you guys say his attitude and locker room bs are overstated?? Where are you getting this secret inside the locker room info from??

Part of me really wants to go for lance because we need a wing, but I can 100% understand why we wouldn't. Even Larry legend had to speak out against his playoffs antics. The guy made a fool of himself in they playoffs through his immaturity.

It's sad, but if the guy could act like a somewhat normal sane human being, he would be getting paid right now and playing for his choice of team.

• Like 1