• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks re-engaged on Deng [Updated: Signs with Heat 2 yrs 20 million]

GameTime

In a league without injuries Chicago, Cleveland, and slightly Toronto are definitely better than us. 

We do not have as good a shot as anybody. Ask yourself, would you or anyone else be surprised if we were in the ECF?

Not really. I dont know how anyone could feel like Toronto is definitely better than us. Cleveland probably will be and Chicago has been consistent. However, I dont think Rose will be the same after the injury. He is a player who relied a lot on his athleticism. That team will still be damn good, but weve improved in areas where we were weak and added depth where we needed it as well. I wouldnt be surprised if we made it, but it all depends on if we can rely on guys to stay healthy.
  • Like 1

This is why I would trade him for Monroe. I love Millsap but I don't want to be paying him a lot of money for the downside of his career, when I could pay that same money to a guy for the prime of his career. 

And it has the added bonus of moving Horford to PF.

Fixed it lol

Millsap has another 2 or 3 years before hes on the downside of his career. Hes only 28.

How can he think the Heat are a better situation than the Hawks? These players are idiots. We would gave him 2yr/22mil all day. The Heat will not win anything next yr.

PG - Napier

G - Wade

F - Deng

PF - Haslem

C - Bosh

Still enough firepower on that team to make the playoffs.   Probably about even with us.  Bosh and Wade will be 20 ppg scorers again next season.   I think Miami will go after Bledsoe with a significant deal, to see if Phoenix blinks.   And they just might, seeing that they now have 3 PGs on the roster, outside of Bledsoe ( Dragic, Ennis, Thomas ).

In a league without injuries Chicago, Cleveland, and slightly Toronto are definitely better than us. 

We do not have as good a shot as anybody. Ask yourself, would you or anyone else be surprised if we were in the ECF? 

Bud coaches circles around Casey. I'm not afraid of Toronto at all.

Chicago (Rose's health) and Cleveland (Bron changing the culture) are not guarantees at all.

• Like 1

Millsap has another 2 or 3 years before hes on the downside of his career. Hes only 28.

Would you pay Millsap and pretty much have our cap space put into Teague/Horford/Millsap? It's not going to be 9 mil a year, it's going to be 15 mil a year AT LEAST.

Edited by RWF

PG - Napier

G - Wade

F - Deng

PF - Haslem

C - Bosh

Still enough firepower on that team to make the playoffs.   Probably about even with us.  Bosh and Wade will be 20 ppg scorers again next season.   I think Miami will go after Bledsoe with a significant deal, to see if Phoenix blinks.   And they just might, seeing that they now have 3 PGs on the roster, outside of Bledsoe ( Dragic, Ennis, Thomas ).

Definitely not. The Heat relied very heavily on LeBron last year. Wade is not a difference maker and I doubt Bosh will be either. I think they still make the playoffs as a 5 seed or worse, but unless they add a Bledsoe type player I think that team will be worse than us.
  • Like 2

Hes 29. He will be 30 when he signs. 

Bud coaches circles around Casey. I'm not afraid of Toronto at all.

Chicago (Rose's health) and Cleveland (Bron changing the culture) are not guarantees at all.

If you put a contingency on every team, we have quite a few ourselves. 

If Ferry traded Lou and Bebe for nothing then he should be fired IMO. It looks like we are now in the "desperate to fill gaping SF hole on roster" hunt for Lance at this point. Or sign Monroe and trade Millsap for a SF.

I think you're looking at it wrong. These days I often find myself telling people, "Buying something you don't really want is a waste of money." None of us know how the Hawks rated Bebe. Or Lou for that matter, but especially Bebe. If the Hawks genuinely believe Edy is a better prospect than Bebe, parting ways is the right decision. And if Coach Bud told Ferry that Lou wasn't doing it for him, who are we to say getting rid of him was a bad call?

Edited by DatWerkk
  • Like 2

Would you pay Millsap and pretty much have our cap space put into Teague/Horford/Millsap? It's not going to be 9 mil a year, it's going to be 15 mil a year AT LEAST.

I wouldnt, but I wouldnt give that money to Monroe either. I personally think Millsap is the much better player though FWIW.

I wouldnt, but I wouldnt give that money to Monroe either. I personally think Millsap is the much better player though FWIW.

Yeah, but one would be 24 (25 at the time of Millsap's free agency) and the other 30.

I don't want Millsap to walk for nothing, nor pay him close to max. Trade him now while he has value. Doesn't mean trade for Monroe, trade him for something to improve the team, for long term.

Edited by RWF

Not really. I dont know how anyone could feel like Toronto is definitely better than us. Cleveland probably will be and Chicago has been consistent. However, I dont think Rose will be the same after the injury. He is a player who relied a lot on his athleticism. That team will still be damn good, but weve improved in areas where we were weak and added depth where we needed it as well. I wouldnt be surprised if we made it, but it all depends on if we can rely on guys to stay healthy.

Toronto had 48 wins and will only get better with age. As did Chicago with a pretty bad offense. 

Yeah, but one would be 24 (25 at the time of Millsap's free agency) and the other 30.

I don't want Millsap to walk for nothing, nor pay him close to max. Trade him now while he has value. Doesn't mean trade for Monroe, trade him for something to improve the team, for long term.

Im not against the idea if Payne plays as expected, but Monroe wont help this team where we are weak imo. Not a good rebounder or rim protector.

I think you're looking at it wrong. These days I often find myself telling people, "Buying something you don't really want is a waste of money." None of us know how the Hawks rated Bebe. Or Lou for that matter, but especially Bebe. If the Hawks genuinely believe Edy is a better prospect than Bebe, parting ways is the right decision. And if Coach Bud told Ferry that Lou wasn't doing it for him, who are we to say getting rid of him was a bad call?

Even if what you said is true, it was still a waste of a first round pick. 

In one year you felt a kid that has only played for 5 years was better than your first round selection? Thats pretty bad. 

Im not against the idea if Payne plays as expected, but Monroe wont help this team where we are weak imo. Not a good rebounder or rim protector.

Rim Protector is definitely true. But he has averaged 10.3 RPG in 36min over his career and he is only going to get better. He also has a post game that we haven't had in a while. Something we need. 

If the Heat can win titles with Bosh playing center, I think we can get by with Monroe. 

Toronto had 48 wins and will only get better with age. As did Chicago with a pretty bad offense.

We can beat Toronto in a 7 game series. Im not as confident vs the Bulls, but I wouldnt say we couldnt.