• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Kings Landing... Josh Smith?

• Moderators

They need a third wheel to facilitate trade.  Anything the Hawks would want from the Kings or Pistons?

why do they need a third team exactly? I couldn't figure that out.

I guess Detroit isn't really interested in the long term contract of Thompson or Landry (I think 3 yrs/ $6-7 mil each year for each player). They are trying to clear cap Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

The push for the deal is actually coming from the coach... Malone.  He's looking for another challenge.   They are applauding how he has reigned Gay in and made him more efficient.  I believe he thinks he can do the same with Smoove.  I heard that he has his players submit to hypnosis...

I guess, you put Smoove under and tell him that he's preoverweight Shawn Kemp!!

They have a plan though.  Recently, Cousins was out saying that Rondo is the best PG in the NBA.

That's the dynamic I want to see:

Rondo, Gay, Smoove, and Cousins all together .

If Malone can get all those guys and smooth out every attitude and cause those guys to win.... He deserves coach of the year and Executive of the year... and a key to the city of SacTown.

• Moderators

Detroit Pistons president and coach Stan Van Gundy reached out to forward Josh Smith to tell him that reports of the franchise engaging in substantive trade talks with Sacramento centered on Smith have been inaccurate and – barring an unexpected turn of events – Smith will be in training camp with the Pistons this fall, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Sacramento had made calls about Smith in June, but Detroit never heard an offer that remotely interested them and never seriously engaged in discussions, sources told Yahoo Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--stan-van-gundy-assures-josh-smith-he-s-likely-to-remain-with-pistons-175323363.html