• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did Ferry go to the beach for last couple of weeks?

lush23

Oh sorry, I thought this was about winning, not being a conversation piece.

Where did being a conversation piece get them this summer?

Exactly.  When are the Spurs ever a conversation piece?  They still manage to win.  They built a team, they didn't rely on having glamorous stars come and make playing for them an option.

Well something that you forgot is how exactly they actually acquired that lotto pick....

They traded Lowry for, it was the Raptors that had to suck for them.

If you think Lamb was the get for OKC then again, they traded Dalembert and their own later pick to get him too.

So what have we learned here? People are incredibly foolish if they want to trash/support the Houston model while trashing/supporting the Ferry model.....same goes for Dallas. They are the same. Booing Ferry for creating cap space to pursue a star and failing but then praising Morey for creating cap space to pursue a star....and failing is highly comical. Morey has whiffed 5 out of the 7 years he's been in Houston, please afford your own GM that amount of leeway before your begin to criticize his "body of work".

It's amazes me that people don't follow the chain if events but focus in just the end result and say "well look what he did."

Can't win with some people around here. The same people that complain about this flexibility would be the same ones claiming we're stupid to be throwing our money away if we signed a big name like Gasol.

I think we've made offers but Danny has been smart about it. A player hasn't been a fit, they've wanted too much, or simply just don't have Atlanta as an option. For all we know we could have been trying to lure some guys but there's nothing we can do.

It's a vicious cycle: players don't want to come here because we aren't winners. We could scrap the whole thing and rebuild through the draft but then will be perennial losers and we'd be back where we were several years ago - hoping to get an impact player through the draft as a losing team and not able to lure any FAs because we're at the bottom of the standings. At least at this point we have a system and team with some chemistry that has the ability to make some noise in the playoffs (we almost did last year) and we have cap flexibility. Too many people don't put stock in chemistry and having another year with little growing pains.

It's almost the best of both worlds because the hawks are attractive enough to keep my interest next season and be competitive and still have the flexibility to make a deal at the deadline or next offseason. Making a move just to make one is not the right way and too many people around here want immediate rewards. I'm willing to stay the course and give it some time. I think we all knew when Woody had peaked but seriously?!? Budenholzer has had one season to implement his system. I'm willing to give them at least a couple more seasons before I say him and Ferry can't take us any further.

So many people around here want a quick answer but don't know how to logically think through the scenarios so they just bitch. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

I'm just counting down the days until our guys see some court time because when things are quiet it seems like the complainers are the ones that poke their head out the most.

Speak the truth man...excellent post!

I'm one of the few that really like our moves so far this off season.

• Like 1

Can't win with some people around here.  The same people that complain about this flexibility would be the same ones claiming we're stupid to be throwing our money away if we signed a big name like Gasol.

I think we've made offers but Danny has been smart about it.  A player hasn't been a fit, they've wanted too much, or simply just don't have Atlanta as an option.  For all we know we could have been trying to lure some guys but there's nothing we can do.

It's a vicious cycle:  players don't want to come here because we aren't winners.  We could scrap the whole thing and rebuild through the draft but then will be perennial losers and we'd be back where we were several years ago - hoping to get an impact player through the draft as a losing team and not able to lure any FAs because we're at the bottom of the standings.  At least at this point we have a system and team with some chemistry that has the ability to make some noise in the playoffs (we almost did last year) and we have cap flexibility.  Too many people don't put stock in chemistry and having another year with little growing pains.

It's almost the best of both worlds because the hawks are attractive enough to keep my interest next season and be competitive and still have the flexibility to make a deal at the deadline or next offseason.  Making a move just to make one is not the right way and too many people around here want immediate rewards.  I'm willing to stay the course and give it some time.  I think we all knew when Woody had peaked but seriously?!?  Budenholzer has had one season to implement his system.  I'm willing to give them at least a couple more seasons before I say him and Ferry can't take us any further.

So many people around here want a quick answer but don't know how to logically think through the scenarios so they just bitch.  Whatever floats your boat I guess.

I'm just counting down the days until our guys see some court time because when things are quiet it seems like the complainers are the ones that poke their head out the most.

you have to pay too much in fa and the draft is a crap shoot.  all the easy money flowing through the economy is temporarily resulting in excessive prices for some assets.  i like the players on this team and the relationships they have.  there just aren't a lot of free agents who really make sense.

• Like 1